Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:36 am 

i'll give my 2 cents.
I thought it was done well, and made people work to get the money. Honestly the best part for me was moving and alost every blue person you seen was moving somewhere (and attacking me, A hole popcan :lol: ). The payout was good and i liked the l33t (kinda) crossword to figure it out. Something i would of changed would be the obvious one win per island so people would have to do their own work or share with friends for one payout. This game uses the chat and communicating between each other alot and i'm sure it was given out when someone found the start of them. I would of done the same for friends but as far as being fair i'd vote no. Also you guts were right about mapping not helping out much which equaled out the feild more for new players.
Everyone can complain and most will that didnt win but i cant think of to many reasons to change the layout of how it went. Possibly new games to figure it out and fixing the payout to be more legit. As far as how many people will pay to do these i couldnt guess, new players might not and now that alot didnt like it they might not want to use real money on the assumtion it could be like the first one. I think alot of us were in the dark on what would happen other than were looking for a island/s with money on em. I just dont think alot of peolpe playing a free game that gives out money have alot of money to gamble with. I know i dont and dount the college and underage people would either.

Why did homepage say 5 winners?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 am 

Hey, I'd like to say a big "THANK YOU" to those that put this on for us. I wish my little druged/stuffed head could have been alert enough to deciper the clues, but that's what happens when you're sick! Didn't find anything, but it was fun trying and I did prove to myself that if you hit only islands, you truly can play all day long without buying moves. I still have over 800! And I got an upgrade! All in all, it was a fun time and would have been much more fun if I had been feeling good.

Of course you can trust the government, ask any Indian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:22 pm 

SeaCaptainN wrote:
The answers to the puzzle, for everyone who didn't even try, are:

1. any1
2. 1nderful (1nderous also fits, but does not fit the clue)
3. un4given incorrect
4. 2tor
5. domin8
6. separ8
7. 4titude
8. in4mal
9. 4ce
10. com4rt
11. lean2
12. 2mbstone

The coords added up to 130, 160, 70, and 80.

The cardinal directions were encoded in Wingdings... Sucks for those Mac or Linux people out there.

The final area to search was 130E, 80N, 160E, 70N.

Clue Number 3. metallica hit should have been "THE UN4GIVEN"....if you got to Amazon.com and search it that is the title of song. Because of ADMINS leaving out the word "the" which would require 3 more spaces I completely overlooked it as a possible answer.

Please get this right in the future as it does make a difference. No admins will say that the song is known by most as Unforgiven but that does not make it right.

I will say it was fun but definately needs some work.

Later....that is my rant....lol[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:54 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
The answers to the puzzle, for everyone who didn't even try, are:

1. any1
2. 1nderful (1nderous also fits, but does not fit the clue)
3. un4given incorrect
4. 2tor
5. domin8
6. separ8
7. 4titude
8. in4mal
9. 4ce
10. com4rt
11. lean2
12. 2mbstone

The coords added up to 130, 160, 70, and 80.

The cardinal directions were encoded in Wingdings... Sucks for those Mac or Linux people out there.

The final area to search was 130E, 80N, 160E, 70N.

Clue Number 3. metallica hit should have been "THE UN4GIVEN"....if you got to Amazon.com and search it that is the title of song. Because of ADMINS leaving out the word "the" which would require 3 more spaces I completely overlooked it as a possible answer.

Please get this right in the future as it does make a difference. No admins will say that the song is known by most as Unforgiven but that does not make it right.

I will say it was fun but definately needs some work.

Later....that is my rant....lol[/i]

dude... honestly... give them credit for coming up with the whole thing... you got 7th correct? so stop whining

as for me.. i enjoyed it... no, i didnt win, and yea it was still fun... i do agree w/ seacapt tho b/c i was under the impression that it would be 5 different islands in different parts of the world... but i thought it was fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:17 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
3. un4given incorrect

You completely overlooked it as a possible answer? So when you started going through Metallica's greatest hits, and when one of them contained a number, and, with that number using a character space, it fit the crossword space, you decided....oh, no, it can't be that one, because THE is a word that is integral to any title.

I wonder if when you go searching for movies you get incredibly angry when you can't find any of the movies you want to see under "T" for THE, and are instead sorted alphabetically under the next word, because "THE" is dropped.

It's a crossword puzzle...If you've done them before stuff like this comes up. You have to think about it. Some crossword clues are waaay harder than these.

So, if you refused to accept that one as an answer, how was it that you came in 7th?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:31 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

SeaCaptainN wrote:
fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
3. un4given incorrect

You completely overlooked it as a possible answer? So when you started going through Metallica's greatest hits, and when one of them contained a number, and, with that number using a character space, it fit the crossword space, you decided....oh, no, it can't be that one, because THE is a word that is integral to any title.

I wonder if when you go searching for movies you get incredibly angry when you can't find any of the movies you want to see under "T" for THE, and are instead sorted alphabetically under the next word, because "THE" is dropped.

It's a crossword puzzle...If you've done them before stuff like this comes up. You have to think about it. Some crossword clues are waaay harder than these.

So, if you refused to accept that one as an answer, how was it that you came in 7th?

one of two way's...

1) he's making up excuses of why he didnt find the song fast enough...

or

2) someone told him the coords of where to look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:42 pm 
Buxom Wench

Oooo...ooo...ooo...I know!! I know!!! I'ts # 2 right? Quit whining when your winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:43 pm 

No kidding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:25 pm 
Spasm Master

All in all, I enjoyed the hunt - i was just a little to late finishing the puzzle, and there were a ton of people there when i got to the right spot (they succeeded to take 5k from me lol)

Even though I didn't win, i enjoyed it, and thought the puzzle was pretty cool - much better than just giving a group of coords to search through, since 50 players would be in the same area, taking everyones gold lol - i think the setup was fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:26 pm 

SeaCaptainN wrote:
fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
3. un4given incorrect

Excuse me but several songs of Metallica contain numbers ie. the foru horseman, for whom the bell tolls, one, to live is to die, 2 x 4, the unforgiven 2, the wait, too late too late, & 53rd & 3rd....these all contain numbers!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to make excuses just pointing out an omission on the part of the admins.

Some movies are filed under T for the as it is an integral part of the title....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:28 pm 
Spasm Master

fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
3. un4given incorrect

Excuse me but several songs of Metallica contain numbers ie. the foru horseman, for whom the bell tolls, one, to live is to die, 2 x 4, the unforgiven 2, the wait, too late too late, & 53rd & 3rd....these all contain numbers!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to make excuses just pointing out an omission on the part of the admins.

Some movies are filed under T for the as it is an integral part of the title....

and many also contain the word "the" lol

and none of those fit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:29 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
fearthefox wrote:
SeaCaptainN wrote:
3. un4given incorrect

and which one fits... right un4given... just stop whining about it... you won... get over it

and oh yea... moves are usually filed with the as in...

name of movie, the

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:36 pm 

Huskers, who do you hate more? Wknight or FeartheFox?

....I am not an option...if you were wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:19 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

KingDragun wrote:
Huskers, who do you hate more? Wknight or FeartheFox?

....I am not an option...if you were wondering.

what makes you think i hate wknight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:56 pm 

I dunno, you just pick up an argument everytime you get a chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next