Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:10 pm 
A

Is it even possible to take out buying moves. Obviously its possible but Im sure a good deal of the games revenue comes from people buying extra moves, just like 6 people buying 100 moves each day for a month would equal the amount that was cashed out this past month. I think the game is going fine, but one suggestion i have is to make the map bigger because the same people can find u every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:17 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

A wrote:
Is it even possible to take out buying moves. Obviously its possible but Im sure a good deal of the games revenue comes from people buying extra moves, just like 6 people buying 100 moves each day for a month would equal the amount that was cashed out this past month. I think the game is going fine, but one suggestion i have is to make the map bigger because the same people can find u every day.

We're not talking about taking out the buying of moves, we're talking about the moves found in the islands. If people were to hit their cap and wanted to buy more moves to use, that would be their choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

bcp19 wrote:
This topic is a volitile one, and my opinion is that the moves awarded needs to be revamped. Right now, if you solely search islands, you earn roughly 1.5 moves for every move you make over time. If the percentage is lowered by half for finding moves, then you will earn .75 moves per moves you make, meaning that you will slowly lose moves until you are done. This way, everyone has the chance to map and get extra moves without a cap. *I* am one of the mappers, and I tend to run most of my moves on islands, cause it's a great way to have a 0 fame at the end of the day. I also have been ending up with moves left over at the end of the day because I don't have the time to play them all. I can earn 50K a day easily in 4-5 hours of gameplay, but I do not always HAVE that much time. If I did not have a life, I could spend 12-16 hours a day on here and be earning enough to upgrade once daily. wknight95 obviously don't want a cap bacause HIS advantage would then be gone. The moves awarded in the game are not exactly a bug, but they are a flaw that can be used to advantage. I will freely admit that I use them to advantage because it is the only way to keep in step, but I can also look objectively at this and say that this is a problem that needs to be addressed.

amen to that... wknight is trying to make himself look like the good guy and bringing out alterior motives for what HE wants done... when in fact, if you read into them.. it will benifet HIM... and a few others in the game... but look... bcp maps... and agrees that the method should be changed because he too KNOWS how easy it is go gain moves by just island hopping... also, a cap on moves wont make maps worthless like everyone else is assuming... you still need them for islands to get reset, and at the end of the week if you have already used your hits on everyone, you can town/island hop and gain a TON of gold... but i voted in the forum poll... and here... cap moves

Post subject: Re: Repustech, oh I might get in trouble! But gotta say it.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:31 pm 

megadog wrote:
wknight95 wrote:
Them Guy's say they Not able to get higher cause Big guys take thier gold, I say that is BS and if you change it this way it would take away that excuse and let everyone play the game.
Also, it would then give them the chance to PUT UP OR SHUT UP as I bet 90% of them Cry Baby's still would not play any more than they do now and yet still cry cause they do not make cashout.

heard of the olympics principles? no exclusive advantages are alowed.
if you have the whole day to dedicate to this game and can afford mapping, or you started early- that is not accessible to 90 % of others.
in my case- (as the most, i have thing called L.I.F.E. - a major threat to any serious gamer) i can afford only 2 hours per day and cant buy endless hoards of moves and resets. example: if i have less than 15 K and high fame at the end of the day- i dont buy reset and money is gone :(

you say its BS? if you need 60 K for your upgrade and make an average 10-15 k in one day it takes an (very annoying) eternity to collect it.
considering that about 15 people are able to get thru your defences, you can hit anyone, exept about 10 players, and you play smart (towns and rich only), even then your fame is high most of the time, and these 15 guys definatly have their chance. 2k, 5k, 10k, and finaly you loose some 30k to some lucky elite hunter. needless to say, that can make you very happy and willing to start this race again :D ... for the same result.

and thats my situation- most of the guys arent that lucky to have fine defence, they get hit by anyone and their brothers.

Ok. Pure BS.
Yup, that is what that stuff is.
Try and KNOW things before you say them too much.

HOW Much time do I spend Actually playing the game a Week?
Simple. about 12 - 14hrs a week adverage Max per week. Take this 7 day game week, I played I believe 3 day's at around 2.5hrs a day. That means I played Only 7.5 hours this week.
I know, there is most of you that THINK that I play more than that, but i have always told you that I did not and Admin can ring it up for you. Just cause I in these forums does not mean I played at all that day and just cause I in the game, does not mean that I am there every second that I online as I Smoke Outside and got 5 kids that keep dragging me away from the dang computer. So, all them players out there that say "HE MAKES MORE CAUSE HE CAN PLAY ALL DAY!", Well, you are all FULL OF CRAP. I make MORE cause I do not go around attacking EMPTY SHIPS ALL THE TIME!.

TIP TO MAKE CASHOUT! ONE LAST TIME!

#1. TRY TO HAVE CABLE OR BETTER WHEN PLAYING!
#2. Do not waste all your time attacking empty ships that do not ever move.
#3. Do not wait till your last 10 moves to stop and look for a Fame RESET.
#4. Try to pay attention to where the STRONGER players play and avoid that spot unless raiding or got 0 fame.
#5. Do not waste your Gold buying upgrades that are not needed.
#6. It is Smarter to Log out of the game with 50+ moves left and 0 Fame if you have Gold than it is to log out with 0 moves and 2+ Fame WITH GOLD.
#7. It is Smarter to wait for Both days reset's to go thru and start playing with 600 moves than it is with 300 moves at a time.
#8. It is Smarter to BUY at least Lev 5 Ship than it is anything else. This allows you to Change ships and Waste a few moves getting out of a area that a Higher person might pop into.
#9. It is Also Smart to have at least Lev 8 radar as this will let you see who jumps in around you.
#10. With #8 and #9 you stand better chance of keeping your gold as you can run like heck if someone like me pops up on your radar. You not have to run far, but never run in 1 direction only as it too easy to find you.
#11. Take the time to map out a few spots where you can find some group of Islands so if you have gold and and hi Fame and down to 100 moves or less, you can go jump thru them Islands and stand a better chance at finding that much needed and wanted Fame reset.
#12. Try not to log out in the SAME AREA'S of the map every day as players start to KNOW where to find you easier than not. Make them LOOK for you.

The list can go on and on, but I not gonna list it all cause you guys should be better off with these tip's.
But, 1 last 1.

#13. COMPLAIN ENOUGH OR WHATEVER AND BEG THE ADMIN TO TAKE OUT THE CHAT SYSTEM! Lmao.
Why?
Cause it is what kills you guys faster than anything else.
Sample.
Hey! I just hit "joeblow" for $3,000 gold!
Know what that just did? That just put a TARGET Sign on your ship to everyone in Chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS WHAT THAT JUST DID.
And you gusy wonder how you get hit so hard. Lmao.
That or they use Private Messages in the Chat to TRADE out your Locations.
"Give me Joeblow Coord's and I give you Marrysut who I hit for $2,100 gold."

Chat System in this type of game is just a Fast and easy way to Find out who has gold and who does not.
You do not have to GIVE the COORD's, just give the NAME and players there will look for your name every move they make and when they see your name, they gonna slap you good even if you sitting around 20 other ships and they gonna do it without attacking the others around you.

GOOD DAY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:39 pm 

You are still forgetting Aol Instant Messanger, MSN Instant Messanger, Yahoo Instant Messanger, and E-Mail. People still use those too, and you can't stop them from using them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:43 pm 

TIP I NEEDED TO MENTION, but forgot.

A MUST KNOW ONE> Lmao.

#14. Learn to switch ships in 1 to 2 seconds every time.
This is simple and done real easy.

How to do it.

Do not bring down the List of ship's, but instead, double click on the NAME of the Ship that is currently listed which leaves that name highlighted and then USE YOU MOUSE WHEEL to scroll UP or Down thru the List of ships and then click on CHANGE SHIP's.

You do not need to change everything in the game to figure out how to be better. you just need to learn what to do and not do and so forth.
This is one of them to do things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:46 pm 

KingDragun wrote:
You are still forgetting Aol Instant Messanger, MSN Instant Messanger, Yahoo Instant Messanger, and E-Mail. People still use those too, and you can't stop them from using them.

True, but that is Limited to how many people are connected to another and chat with each other that way and NOT TO EVERYONE IN A CHAT ROOM.
I would rather have a small group find out that I have gold than Everyone that is logged into chat.
Also, PM's thru them options take a little longer and give you a better chance of getting out of that area if you are hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:33 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Silent Bob post this in another topic:

40% Find gold
25% Find Moves
25% Find Nothing
5% Find Fame Reset
5% Find Storm (chris already said it was 5% ages ago)

dunno how close he is, don't care. For the sake of arguement tho, I'm going to say that finding moves is 20% and nothing is 30% to make this a buit easier.

Now if there is a 20% chance of finding moves, and you can find 1-20 moves let add that up.

1+2+3+...+20=210

5% storms = 50 lost

So, if you are an avgerage person, you should end up with 160 moves given to you for every 100 moves played.

Make it 10% chance and you have 105 moves found and 50 moves lost so you get 55 extra moves per 100 moves you make.

600 + 330 + 182 + 100 + 55 + 30 + 17 + 9 + 5 + 3 + 1 = 1332 moves

more that the current proposed cap and far from unlimited.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:13 pm 

wknight95 wrote:
[HOW Much time do I spend Actually playing the game a Week?
Simple. about 12 - 14hrs a week adverage Max per week. Take this 7 day game week, I played I believe 3 day's at around 2.5hrs a day. That means I played Only 7.5 hours this week.
I know, there is most of you that THINK that I play more than that, but i have always told you that I did not and Admin can ring it up for you. Just cause I in these forums does not mean I played at all that day and just cause I in the game, does not mean that I am there every second that I online as I Smoke Outside and got 5 kids that keep dragging me away from the dang computer. So, all them players out there that say "HE MAKES MORE CAUSE HE CAN PLAY ALL DAY!", Well, you are all FULL OF CRAP. I make MORE cause I do not go around attacking EMPTY SHIPS ALL THE TIME!.

cut the crap!
nobody here attacks broken ships,dont underestimate the common sense. as for your tips- guess what (and thank you at the same time, good info for beginners) - all top players allready have come to these conclusions, as they are pretty obvious. (exept #14, that was new, thanks)
but to make it to where you and few others residue, THATS NOT ENOUGH.
what are you trying to stuff there, do you think we are complete idiots? if you make map, it takes at least 3-4 more time that if you just play your moves. if you play the ALT+TAB style on marked map, you are spending about 2-3 times more time. thats if you think as fast as supercomputer and dont fish.
we all know you rely on mapping, you posted your stats and informed us about your habits many times. and that includes posting about playing A LOT. as BCP said, you need a lot of time to go thru all the bonus moves you get island hopping.
so who's Excrement Expeditor? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:33 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

I have started a suggestion thread in suggestions if anyone is interested.

ptr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:43 pm 

megadog wrote:

cut the crap!
nobody here attacks broken ships,dont underestimate the common sense. as for your tips- guess what (and thank you at the same time, good info for beginners) - all top players allready have come to these conclusions, as they are pretty obvious. (exept #14, that was new, thanks)
but to make it to where you and few others residue, THATS NOT ENOUGH.
what are you trying to stuff there, do you think we are complete idiots? if you make map, it takes at least 3-4 more time that if you just play your moves. if you play the ALT+TAB style on marked map, you are spending about 2-3 times more time. thats if you think as fast as supercomputer and dont fish.
we all know you rely on mapping, you posted your stats and informed us about your habits many times. and that includes posting about playing A LOT. as BCP said, you need a lot of time to go thru all the bonus moves you get island hopping.
so who's Excrement Expeditor? :evil:

Ok.. Lmao.. not know what to say but Laugh a lot at this one.

ALT-TAB Mapping? Lmao.. never thought of that 1. lmao..
Damn, give me a seond and I will stop laughing.

Screen Res.. 1024x768
21in Monitor.

Lmao..
IE used to play.

Lmao..
The Game takes up Maybe half my Screen.
Scoot it to the right or left.
Put map in Jpeg Format
Open with Microsoft Paint
Resize MS Paint Screen to be other Half of Screen size.
Slide the part you not need to the Off screen part.

WHAT DO YOU GET?

Game on 1 Half and Map on other Half and only need to adjust Map with Sliders to keep up where you are.

Oh, I do not have no fancy programs to map for me.
I use MS Word to map.
I make Grid 20x50
Go thru every move and manualy put in where I land. Takes a heck of a lot of time this way.
Then I got to manualy color in each box to fit what I want it to be.
Then I got to manualy transfer it to Paint.
Then I got to Redo Border lines and such..
Then I got to Cut it.
Then I got to Open large version of map and Paste it in IF there is enough room. If not, I got to resize that one. Grrr.
Then when I done, I got to transgfer it all to another format.
Then when I done with that, I got to make another copy of it.
Then I add it to routed Maps.
Then I got to go thru it like 5 times to get the route that might best serve.

When I am done, I may not cover 60% of the stuff that can be got, but I got what I need to live.

How long does it take me?
It takes me about 7hrs per Grid once I got it maped in Word to format it and change it and do all that other stuff with it.

When I am done?
Well, IF I use that area as I do not most times as I not like play in same spot, then it adds like 4k gold on adverage and takes about 20 minutes if go real fast to go thru the grid.

At the Moment?
I cover 6 grids in about 2.5 hours.
That is IF I do not run out of moves.

1 Day I started with 300 moves, and hit 7 Lost moves in a row and all that other good suff and even with map I only made around 500 moves total before I ran out cause of all the LOST Move things I hit and so forth.

Anyway.
I know there is a lot of people out there LAUGHING thier Collective ass's off at me cause it takes me so long to map the way I do it, but I do not have all your stinking programs.

The Map I have, I have spent over 100+ hours putting together.

What does it let me do?
NOTHING.
It does seem to say that IF I can run that map without running out of moves or getting HIT by anyone that I can make around 40k gold.

You guy's just make me so sad.
You complain that players like me are BETTER than you are and we are not.

We have always Said, PLAY SMARTER.. Not HARDER.

Would I play more than 2.5 hours a day at the moment IF I COULD? Heck YES.
but can I ? No.

I nto supposed to even be playing this game period according to my Eye Doctor cause the Whole Screen refresh's and it balc and it like looking at a damn Blinking light all the time and it seem's to be messing with my eye's and he getting mad at me.
That of course is another reason I not play much lately or anymore.

Will I make Cashout this month?
I not know.
I might.
But, unless they can change it out some way, then I not gonna be playing much longer anyway as my eye's are worth more than this game.

Funny thing is I am kind of wondering how many of you other guys that play around 2 hrs a day will last before you start having problems with your eye's and such and getting headacnes and all that other good stuff.

Anyway.
I do not care or give a flying dang about you guys that have been playing this game for a long time and just have yet to listen to what I have to say when I have tried so many times to post help hints and such and tell you how to do better and that it is not that damn hard.

A couple of you listened last month and made payout.. CONGRAT's

The rest of you? Sorry.

The Stuff I post is mainly FOR THE NEWER PLAYERS SO THAT THEY MIGHT STAND A LOT BETTER CHANCE IN THIS GAME.

It also helps as in it tells them things to do and avoid that they might not think of for a while or till they just give up

I could be a dang Jerk like MOST of the players in ehre that could help othes out and just not say anything at all.
But, I not care too much and am not a greedy person and I like helping others.

GOOD DAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:06 pm 

first of all, stop smoking that weed, that makes you laugh all the time.
second is about your mapping- OMG, its like brain surgery performed through ass. two words: Microsoft Exel. i believe you got it.
al+tab is for fast switching between 2 running programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:11 pm 

megadog wrote:
first of all, stop smoking that weed, that makes you laugh all the time.
second is about your mapping- OMG, its like brain surgery performed through ass. two words: Microsoft Exel. i believe you got it.
al+tab is for fast switching between 2 running programs.

Actually, nope. Not got it.
Wish I did. But, not wanna buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:47 pm 

You can download Microsoft Excell for free like I did.

Yes, my eyes are bad. But this was before this game.

WTF are your posts like books?! Sometimes I have to skip over them when I not feel like reading them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:07 pm 

Wknight, I like your post, I learn a lot. Please don't stop.

Of course you can trust the government, ask any Indian