Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newb Questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm 

Hi I have some questions and I cannot find the answers in the guide :p

1. Will I be attacked if I am not in the game? How do I prevent that?

2. How do I cashout? I convert the gold to gold bullions and then?

3. Will gold bullions be stolen when attacked? Is there anyway to keep gold low so that not all the gold will be stolen?

3. I see that we can win non-cash prizes. How do we win those prizes and can I win them if I am not a USA resident?

Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:20 pm 

Also, whats the use of upgrading the ship? As in from dingy to other ships.

And is it possible to see where the islands and towns are? Or do I just blindly navigate and hope to meet them?

Post subject: Re: Newb Questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:20 pm 

valerfore wrote:
Hi I have some questions and I cannot find the answers in the guide :p

1. Will I be attacked if I am not in the game? How do I prevent that?
Yes, you cannot prevent yourself from being attacked however you can prevent yourself from losing much gold by keeping your 'FAME' to a low level, 0 fame you lose 1% gold.. 1 fame you lose 2% gold.. and so on and so on to a max of 50 fame where you lose 50% gold. You gain fame by attacking towns and other pirates, and your fame is reset whenever you find a fame reset on islands, or you can purchase them from the purchase page.

2. How do I cashout? I convert the gold to gold bullions and then?
At the end of the month, if you have the required amount of gold on your ship you can cashout.. your gold will be removed from your ship automatically by the admin and put on hold, in which case you will be able to choose if you would like to exchange your gold for gold doubloons, silver doubloons, or put your gold back in your ship. Silver doubloons can only be used to purchase extra moves in game, and gold doubloons can be transferred to your paypal account at the rate of 1 doubloon = $1

3. Will gold bullions be stolen when attacked? Is there anyway to keep gold low so that not all the gold will be stolen?
Gold doubloons cannot be stolen, as well as any other item in your treasure chest. You want as much gold as you can get, see the fame explanation above.

3. I see that we can win non-cash prizes. How do we win those prizes and can I win them if I am not a USA resident? You can win those prizes from searching islands, i'm not sure about out of USA players though an admin will answer that shortly.

4. whats the use of upgrading the ship? As in from dingy to other ships.
ship upgrades enable you to travel faster on the map, ship level one goes 1 space, ship level 2 goes 2 spaces.. ect ect, when you get higher levels you will be able to travel even further per upgrade... i think level 6 enables you to go 2 extra spaces and so on

5. And is it possible to see where the islands and towns are? Or do I just blindly navigate and hope to meet them? No there is no way to see where they are, however you can 'map' the islands/towns as in write them down and where they are on a peice of paper or what everyone else does in an excell spreadsheet. This is time consuming however but the benefits are huge, because you can go and hit nothing but islands [if you upgrade your ship] once you get a decent sized map up.

Thanks for the help!

hope this helped ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:25 pm 

1) Yes but you can't prevent it. All you can do is upgrade to help stop attacks getting gold from you and keep your fame low so you don't lose much.

2) You won't need to worry about this yet but if you have enough gold to cashout then you will be asked what you want to do with the gold.

3) Doubloons can't be lost when you are attacked. Refer to answer #1 about protecting your gold.

4) You search islands and hope to be lucky. Players who are able to play should be able to win prizes no matter where they are.

5) Upgrading ship lets you move faster (More spaces per move).

6) You will need to make and use a map to know where each island and town is.

Edit:
It was answered before I had finished but now it is there I will leave it since it is a bit less to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 am 

Thanks guys for the help! And Darkmyst you attacked poor little noob me! :(
hee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:07 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Most of the questions have been answered and I can supply the last one: Yes, even non-US players can win the prizes provided they have a valid mailing address. Anyone who has put false information into the database in regards to their address does forfeit the right to win prizes or receive cashout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:41 am 

thanks for the confirmation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:47 am 

I have a few more questions :P

1. I read somewhere that observation increases the loot from attacking towns. Is that true?

2. I also read that crew is used for more than just attacking. What other use is crew for?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:09 pm 

valerfore wrote:

1. I read somewhere that observation increases the loot from attacking towns. Is that true?

2. I also read that crew is used for more than just attacking. What other use is crew for?

Thanks!

that info is a secret =)

sorry... no one knows for sure

however i'm pretty sure that obs increases gold that can be found from towns, the other day i found over 150 from one town attack and while when we started it wasn't higher than 120

and i have no idea what other use crew is for besides attacking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:25 pm 

I found several towns with over 350 gold the first few days that I played. Once I upped my ship it went down to less than 200 and then even less when I upgraded my ship again. With my ship fully upgraded I now generally find less than twenty in the towns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:18 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Cremaster wrote:
I found several towns with over 350 gold the first few days that I played. Once I upped my ship it went down to less than 200 and then even less when I upgraded my ship again. With my ship fully upgraded I now generally find less than twenty in the towns.

It should not have ever been possible for a town to give out 350 gold unless there was a bug. There are a couple of towns that could give out up to 200 gold now though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:19 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

valerfore wrote:

Thanks!

1) False

2) Gold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:46 pm 
John the Fisherman

bcp19 wrote:
Cremaster wrote:

It should not have ever been possible for a town to give out 350 gold unless there was a bug. There are a couple of towns that could give out up to 200 gold now though.

to be honest, I believe Cremaster was just blowing smoke out his behind

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 pm 

CSStriker wrote:

Is that an upgrade? If so, I don't see it in any of the towns...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:11 pm 
John the Fisherman

Captain_Chaos wrote:
CSStriker wrote:

Is that an upgrade? If so, I don't see it in any of the towns...

sounds like you bought it to me... :lol:

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman