Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game takes forever to play+Not alot of challenge
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:51 am 

Not to seem ungrateful, because the concept is good, but 600 moves takes me 2 hours to play and there are only about 4 different possible outcomes to each move, making the game tedious and cumbersome. I'd rather have 200 moves, and 2x the value on the towns/islands. Also, a good game is usually goal oriented, here you go on, and on, and on attacking and really the only goal is to hoard gold and buy, buy, buy upgrades. A free market needs to be set up and also there needs to be decisions, such as different ways to attack towns and other ships, and I think the maping should include everything, not JUST other pirates. I'd like to see the assayers haggle over the pearls. Would you take such and such, and maybe even trade the pearls for upgrades or something.

The boredom factor is so much, that it corrupts the amount of time the average healthy persons gonna spend clicking over and over at the puter; I'd rather see LESS graphics and more common sense. In fact, while its a risky move, I'd like to see better game play added, and maybe to play you do have to kitty up $10 a month. I'd be the first pay-pal'ing my money if I thought good prizes and FUN would be actually offered. And keep the advertising too.....that way you could take that as your full rake, and all of us with paid memberships can compete to see whos the craftiest and most skillful for some real plunder.

Sorry if anyones offended, but thats how I feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:09 am 
Bros Before Hoes

not that it really offends? but you havent been here long enough maybe... no offense to you or anything, but you dont yet have the stats it takes to HAVE the thrill the game has to offer.. i gurantee this game will never require you to pay to play.. it may become an option for a premium membership, but NEVER require.. may i suggest upping your radar and ship so that you can see more and move quicker.. the game is NOT supposed to be about just finding prizes.. its somewhere fun to associate with others from all parts of the world, and hopefully make a little cash on the side.. and mapping doesnt consist of pirates, it consists of towns, islands, lagoons, coral reefs, and oceans... pirates move, they arent always the same... you would be very suprised to see how addicting the game can get when you actually get in a position to hit someone for 20k..

Post subject: Re: Game takes forever to play+Not alot of challenge
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:06 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

maybelucky wrote:
Not to seem ungrateful, because the concept is good, but 600 moves takes me 2 hours to play and there are only about 4 different possible outcomes to each move, making the game tedious and cumbersome. I'd rather have 200 moves, and 2x the value on the towns/islands. Also, a good game is usually goal oriented, here you go on, and on, and on attacking and really the only goal is to hoard gold and buy, buy, buy upgrades. A free market needs to be set up and also there needs to be decisions, such as different ways to attack towns and other ships, and I think the maping should include everything, not JUST other pirates. I'd like to see the assayers haggle over the pearls. Would you take such and such, and maybe even trade the pearls for upgrades or something.

The boredom factor is so much, that it corrupts the amount of time the average healthy persons gonna spend clicking over and over at the puter; I'd rather see LESS graphics and more common sense. In fact, while its a risky move, I'd like to see better game play added, and maybe to play you do have to kitty up $10 a month. I'd be the first pay-pal'ing my money if I thought good prizes and FUN would be actually offered. And keep the advertising too.....that way you could take that as your full rake, and all of us with paid memberships can compete to see whos the craftiest and most skillful for some real plunder.

Sorry if anyones offended, but thats how I feel.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I tend to agree with husk on this, once you have built up a bit there is a different feeling to the game. Part of the draw is the end of the month cashout as well.

I mean no offense in saying this, but you have been here two days and seem to have decided you do not like the game. Not every game out there is going to be highly rated by every person that plays it, but we strive to make the challenges interesting to those who do choose to be here. If you look at the development timeline you can also see that there are many plans in the works as well. This is a game of strategy, and while the small tutorial we made cannot cover everything, it does highlight the important parts. It used to be people would play for a single day then leave because they did not understand fame and would scream that it was geared towards the big players feeding off the weak. But a person with a good strategy could easily work up and compete with these big dogs. The game is work to some, is play to some and an obsession to others. If you feel it is work, then you are not likely to stay long since work is almost always considered tedious and boring. If you feel it is play, then you enjoy yourself regardless of what happens. If you are obsessed... well, that speaks for itself.

The 'mapping' you refer to, which I think you mean 'radar' is one of the items on the development board. This game may be a year and a half old, but in it's present incarnation it is only 45 days old and is being constantly added to. The many 'achievement' awards are geared so that ANYONE can win them at months end. A brand new player would have the best chance of getting the most upgrades in a months time since the big guys cannot upgrade as fast any longer.

There are pearls out there that are worth an upgrade, there are pearls that are worth a prize, there are pearls that would allow you to take cash from the game with how much you get from them.

Whether you decide to stay or go, I do want to say thank you for taking the time to check us out though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:54 pm 
John the Fisherman

and thanks for being my referral...thought I had a shot with you, haha

Like I tell everyone, if you need any hints or tips, I am sure someone would be willing to help with interest to have more players

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Give it a few days....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:50 am 

I have little time to play games and I didn't really "get" this game for a while, so I would suggest you play a bit more and then judge. I know that even though I have to get up at 3:30 AM to go to work, I find myself staying up til 8:00 PM to play this, and it only takes me a half hour. But then I have to check out the forums! :shock: There IS strategy - a friend of mine at work also plays and we discuss the game nearly every day - different strategies, what we've learned, etc. Wait til you find pearls and sink ships and learn to switch boats depending on whether you want to search every spot or flee quickly from a red guy!Or figure out the best time to play or how to push the fame before quitting attacking after a fame reset. I think there's more to it than you can see after only 2 days.
But if you don't stick around, all that much more gold, pearl, and prizes for MEEEEEEEE! :lol: