Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Multiple Accounts per Household?
Poll ended at Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:19 pm
Yes 67%  67%  [ 12 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Limited play, 1 player login per 12 hour interval 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Multiple Accounts per household
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:19 pm 
the evil pirate

Since PTW is one of the only sites that I have seen that allows more than 1 person per household to play on an IP i think this should be discussed further before the game gets either reset again or continues to suffer a slow death.

many of you are not aware that more than 1 person per household can play at the same time , my logs are filled with "husband and wife" teams that attack me within minutes, while i am lucky enough to have a strong hull I am not affected but newbies get hammered day after day.

what also bothers me is the secrecy involved with these multiple accounts, how can we find out if they are abusing the radar system or not? we often see 20 pirates online but only 5 or 6 are actually moving, does that mean the other household's radar is on giving these members an advantage of doubling their radar?

I would much rather see a "fleet" feature introduced into the game instead of all these husband and wife teams playing on the same computer, or at the very least a forum section telling all members who is playing more than 1 account per household so we can report abuse.

It's not hard to see how i will vote on this issue but feel free to express your thoughts on this issue, and yes i do agree that husband and wife teams are not much different than the "teams" floating about the seas, difference is that our radar screens are thousands of miles apart.

choices are easy , Yes , No ,and limited which would make 1 player play during the day and 1 player at night (more programming for seacapt)

re-voting is allowed as we discuss this issue in this thread

poll ends Dec 31st

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

Post subject: Re: Multiple Accounts per household
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:27 pm 
John the Fisherman

whether they are husband and wife teams, or friends discussing things in a different chat room, people will work with others if they see fit...

I vote that this is OK with me

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:38 pm 

I have to vote ok as well, simply because wheather the screens are next to each other or across the room or even across the country, there is still communication going on between the two or more players.

Its no different with the husband an wife teams as it is with the larry , rat, ptr and pop team. Both types use some sort of communication to let each other know where an who to hit for a good score.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:42 pm 
the evil pirate

did you ever consider if a "team" had all their wives and kids play too?

team of 4 players with 4-8 extra radars open too? well positioned, a pirate could run all he wants with no hope of getting away.

can you give me an example of any cash games that allow 2 people to play from the same computer/IP address? I did paid to read emails for many years and its an industry standard to not allow these multiple signups because it is ripe for abuse.

even WW that didnt pay anyone didnt allow this!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:41 pm 

i dont think it really matters where your team is located wether it be in the same house or in another country..if you have a good communication system going..you will prolly get multiple attacks anyways
eg:
a team member..gets a good hit on someone..it dont take but a few seconds to realy that position on the map to other members in the same fleet..thats why i say it wouldnt really matter..
thats just my thought

on a side note...can i have my book back now pops..i have sent you a few messages regarding its return
cheers
BTW i went out detecting today...found me some gold..14k ring..woowoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:58 pm 

forgot to add something
one point i missed was:
2 radars running for one player
i see your concern here
say if one household has more than one account and both or 3 people play in that same household..whats to say one member who is not playing leaves their radar running live for the other member,its almost like being attacked from the other side of the map :-0
point taken
the only people who may benefit the most from this would be players who have a 10 radar wether it be brother/brother or mother/son or husband/wife combination
i didnt vote
how many people have a 10 radar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:00 pm 

we have never kept it from anyone that we were husband and wife and we even sent id to admin to prove we were two people so we could play

also pop we have never hit you seconds apart or mins apart as we know rat ,larry even ptrdanno will be just off the radar as alwaysto attack so you guys must also have the fleet thing going for you to

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:13 pm 
the evil pirate

so far only 1 person sees my point , not that this surprises me. the early voting does not surprise me either.

my point is that there should be a safeguard in place to prevent pirates from abusing or getting tempted to turn on a second radar on the same computer. only 1 family member should be allowed to login at a time to prevent this.

MRsair , dont worry I will send your book back, im only on page 52 so I'll just buy myself a copy on amazon, I have been too busy at my store as I have been having sales increases over 50%/month since i fired the 1 bad apple, ill try my best to send it this week.

Mandy , yes i applaud you for being open about playing with your husband, you are one of the very few that do. but as for seeing you and smokey minutes apart on my logs you are wrong on that one but it does not happen on a regular basis.

Mrsair as far as radar abuse someone doesnt need a 10 radar to get good results from double fishing, 6 or 7 would work as good , the attack logs would also be a good way of finding out who to hunt that has fame when someone attacks the weaker family member.

------------------------------------

I would gladly vote limited play in this thread if seacapt put in a safeguard of only 1 family member being able to login at once instead of the current system, this way everyone could still play... but at different times.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:05 pm 
John the Fisherman

this is truly a pointless thread

Honestly, why not make it so that if a member gets hit, then that member has 2 minutes before it can get hit again

Bam, problem solved, and more people can play without the setback of not being able to share a connection

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:16 pm 

ok this is my take on your post
1 we have a lot of husband and wives playing along with brother and brother and so on
2 just because me and my husband play at the same time does not mean we use the same pc as I'm sure some others don't as well
3 as far as your family members playing in 12 hour shift it would be a little had if both people work the same shift and sleep at the same time 1 person would never get to play
4 what does it matter if this is going on when half the people playing can't even hit you me for one and you come along and smack there goes the gold if you think I'm not going to tell my husband that I was hit your crazy because me knowing I can't hit you
5 and just so you know I did have permison from seacaptian to join and I joined while he was online otherwise I would not have gome back but I am glad to say he left me sign back up

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:44 pm 
the evil pirate

CSStriker wrote:
this is truly a pointless thread

you think people discussing site abuse is pointless?

better pull your head out of the sand on that island if you think people are not using double radars and attack logs because they are.

airrogue, yes you are correct the 12 hour thing is wrong due to work and family time , but it should be only 1 login at a time from an IP , most people finish their moves in 1 hour anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:56 pm 
John the Fisherman

are you saying that seacaptain and bcp aren't able to see things like this?

that is why they get verification...otherwise, it gets looked into

It just felt to me like this was a thread that had fingers being pointed, and it somewhat struck a nerve with me...I'm not saying that people discussing site abuse is pointless, but this just didn't seem like the kind of way to tackle this kind of problem

and my head isn't in the sand on my island...I kick my feet up and have a drink from time to time, but I am mostly alert..

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:17 am 
the evil pirate

CSStriker wrote:
are you saying that seacaptain and bcp aren't able to see things like this?

there is no way seacapt or bcp can tell if someone is using double radar's and logs as long as the 2nd account is only used as a 2nd set of eyes .

i think it's a fair compromise saying that only 1 person can login at a time from 1 IP instead of ending multiple signups per household, they just need to take turns playing.

can anyone provide me another site that pays out cash that lets multiple signups per household?

this issue needs to be addressed before it resets again or else we will never see more than 1000 players signed up ever again

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:55 am 

i dont think this is the problem why new players quit, it is just TO hard (read impossible) to get as strong as you for example popcan.
and yes i think the idea of striker of the two minutes is a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:49 am 

:shock: Wow! Pop, I didn't know you and Larry were married! Not that there's anything wrong with that, but keep on eye on ptrdanno, I think he's got a thing for your man! I've seen them together on a regular basis.

Try to remember this is a pirate game! Pirates and fair, not always equal.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next