Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About the game...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm 
John the Fisherman

I must say that I really like how the game is going right now...it's a lot of fun how we now have these monthly "challenges"...and even though some of us have to do the same things over and over again, it's still fun because you need to change the way you play, because everyone else is doing it too...

I think you can go pretty far with how you have these challenges set up...and the fact that you are able to give us certain upgrades at the start can change it up..

Such as, next month's challenge could be "highest defense total", but to counteract it, everyone starts with 10 cannons and 10 crew, or something like that...

I really like how this is all going, and wouldn't be upset to have the newer game postponed so we can continue to mess around with this idea

Plus, you can build upon how some newer ideas can be brought into the game...

I recently signed up for another game, and the way the referrals worked, I thought it was pretty clever...They made it so that if you got a referral, and they bought something, then you would earn 10% of what they spent...and it would work very well here because you can just earn GD's

I'd like to hear how everyone else thinks about the current game, and I also want to know how it's working on a business standpoint (bcp and Sea) so input is very much welcome

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: About the game...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:33 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Well, to be honest, from a money standpoint, last month sucked compared to other months that we've had.

I am pretty sure this is due to 'people waiting for the new game' impacting the fun of the current setup.

----

I think the percentage of purchases might be a good way to add a "bonus" to referrals... to get people to find referrals who will buy things. :-D

I think 10% might be a bit much for us right now, plus we want to encourage people to find referrals anywhere, not just paying referrals, so I think a two-pronged approach might work best.

You get a flat finders fee in SD after a referral plays x amount of time or moves or whatever (to help prevent referral fraud).

You get a % bonus of the SD that they buy.

etc.

Though now that I think about it having a higher percentage of on the SD purchasing but no flat fee would work probably just as well. People would be encouraged to find as many referrals as possible in the hopes that their SD bonuses would go up, since not all referrals would purchase anything.

You also wouldn't have to worry about referral fraud since only paying referrals would count, and we're not giving away money out of nowhere.

:-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:48 pm 

So, this means to keep using our old referral links to bring people in, right? Good work, SeaCaptainN and Bcp. This way is at least as challenging as the other way and unless the fleets are hanging around together when one hits, they cannot pretty much wipe anyone out in 15 seconds or less now. At least there is some hope.....so thank you. And I will see you on the High Seas.....lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:30 pm 

CSStriker wrote:
it's still fun because you need to change the way you play, because everyone else is doing it too...

How about making the map smaller? What are we at now 160K squares (+/-)

What if the playing field were cut in half... Might REALLY change the was the game is played...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 pm 
John the Fisherman

Captain_Chaos wrote:
CSStriker wrote:
it's still fun because you need to change the way you play, because everyone else is doing it too...

How about making the map smaller? What are we at now 160K squares (+/-)

What if the playing field were cut in half... Might REALLY change the was the game is played...

Yikes!

that would be insane!!!

farmers farming the same squares, people closer together, better chance to run into someone...

I like it :twisted:

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman