Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Changes For February
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:28 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

As we announced earlier, CASHOUT IS BACK!!!

It comes, however, with a few new changes:

1. Cashout at the end of the month will be limited to 40 Gold Doubloons per pirate. This limit will be calculated *before* the conversion, so any gold pieces that one pirate has that are over the limit will not affect other pirates' ability to cash out.

2. Starting within 48 hours, you will be able to cash out to Silver Doubloons at ANY TIME!!! We are pegging SD cashout at 10,000 gold per 1 SD. This figure is both easy to remember and coincidentally pretty close to the average cashout values from the previous monthly cashouts. Hopefully this will both drive down the GD cashout value and allow pirates to get those extra moves they need or a reset when they're in a pinch. At the end of the month, cashing out to SD will be at the *lower* of the two conversion rates (pegged or calculated), while cashing out to GD will only be at the calculated rate.

3. Since we are back in a cash-conversion system, detecting and preventing cheating is a high priority. Anyone caught cheating will be immediately banned from the game. We have said before that there are rewards for information that leads to catching someone who is cheating. This could be as much as 50 doubloons...possibly more if you can give us concrete proof (like a copy of a script and proof of who wrote it). While still appreciated, sending us suspicions of who you think is cheating without proof will not get you a reward. We will still investigate it, but our position is that all pirates are innocent until proven guilty.

This information will soon be posted on the home page and on the member's area page. The member's area, tutorials and forum FAQs will be soon be cleaned up to match.

:king: :rambo:

Post subject: Re: New Changes For February
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm 

I just hope that you guys will keep this game going too once the new one is started. I love this game. You guys have saved my sanity numerous times, by having this game keep me calm and almost sensible. Keep up the good work. I love the new ideas too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:35 pm 
John the Fisherman

me thinks it would be interesting if you made the moves on the map random....

so instead of moving to a space and it always being an island, you never know what it will be..there would definitely be a lot of moving pirates!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:38 pm 
the evil pirate

CSStriker wrote:
me thinks it would be interesting if you made the moves on the map random....

so instead of moving to a space and it always being an island, you never know what it will be..there would definitely be a lot of moving pirates!

I am not sure if doing some anti-farming changes will help PTW until a bigger member base is established, fleet members are all gone, (most) of the cheaters are gone, I also think that most of the money being put into the game comes from farmers so stopping this revenue base would hurt PTW more than help.

we need more members!! admins either need to spend some cash on advertising or create a better referral system. bcp knows that I am good at internet recruiting as I had downlines with 400-500 members in many programs earning me $500/month before the industry got saturated. but there is no way i will spend money or time advertising PTW for a measly 500 gold.

referral system should be 10% of cashout goes to the referrer only when his referral does a cashout. $20 for member $2 for referrer and no extra gold is added into the game. total cost to the site would be $30-$40 month max.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 pm 
John the Fisherman

pop, this will change the flow of money going in...

people might need to buy more resets with that change, and is that not money going in?

By people not being able to get a sure fire way to find islands, that is what makes the havoc...and it might get people to put a little cash in if they get close to an upgrade but run out of moves

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 am 

to encourage new players it needs to be changed so that any new players have a chance to get some sort of reward not just those who have been playing the longest as it was when i first started and i think that having at least 50% of the monthly cash out should be put i n prize pearls and they could be turned in at the end of the month so the total prize pool could be divided amongst the pearls so it would remain a surprise to how much a person will get so even a new player has some chance instead of only being a piggybank for bigger players

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:07 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

24/7 Silver Cashout is now live.

:king: :rambo: