Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you want a reset?
Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm
Yes, I want a reset at the end of August! 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but I'd like to wait until the end of September. 44%  44%  [ 17 ]
No! Don't reset my stats! 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
I think the previous three options don't cover my opinion and I've explained why in this thread. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: Re: 08.13.2009 - Do you want a full stat reset?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:55 pm 

I love the idea, I hope we do it! How would that work, maybe be given the first flag and that would be displayed with out ship. Then maybe give the option to buy another flag with gold just like we do when we buy another ship?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 pm 

That sounds cool capt but i dont understand how it could work in this game being's how we are dots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 am 

Being such a small pirate, my say shouldnt really hold too much, but anyway :)
I like Mrs.Air's idea of lowering reset time as well as upgrade costs.. but one month is a little too small..
Also, as far as i can see, however long or short the time difference between each reset, new players who join are still going to lag behind a lot because the older pirates have large areas mapped out and are at a much much higher advantage at any given point, reset or not.

They have obviously put in a lot of time and effort making their own personal maps of the seas, but i do believe that as long as the game continues with the same map for all of eternity, the older players are just going to remain forever strong. In the time that the vets are farming, the newbies and even the not-so-newbies will be busy making their maps.

I think that a reset of the game map once per period of time (6 months or one year) would be good, if the main concern is that the same players remain strong.
I can imagine that a lot of strong players are going to hate me for this suggestion!

Oh and i like happy's idea.. changing usernames would lend a whole new dimension of excitement to the game!
And then again, the reset doesnt seem all that necessary, seeing that with the advantage of a huge map, the same players are just going to get strong all over again! Besides, they have worked too hard!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 am 

Love the idea seacap!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 pm 

The last time the game was reset the map was scrambled, so even the old players had to start all over on their maps.While I hated to lose all my maps, it is a good idea because everyone starts at square one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:09 am 
John the Fisherman

SeaCaptainN wrote:
I don't think I like the idea of making everyone a mystery pirate (i.e. removing names alltogether), but an idea I have had for a while is:

Imagine if you are an actual pirate on your ship 200 years ago. You are looking through a telescope at another ship. You're not going to see "seacaptainn" painted on the side of the ship. Let's make PTW keep more inline with the ocean metaphor and instead of showing someone's name, you would be able to see a few things about them, like:

-how big their ship is (something like how many masts--pretty obvious through a telescope)
-some number of cannons (you would be able to see the ones on the deck but not below deck)
-external features of their ship
-what flags they are flying

The idea of flags opens up a whole new area of things that could be done. A few quick examples:

-People could choose the same flag to identify them as a "fleet" (let's not open that can of worms right now more than just flying a flag)
-New players could fly a flag identifying them as such, so people who don't want to hit new players would easily know.

Now it makes sense that as soon as you actually boarded a ship and attacked them, you'd know who they are. So after that point you would know who it is...that is, until they change their ship in some way, like start flying a new flag or buy a new ship or something.

What do you think?

sounds kinky

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 pm 

i dont really care enough about all this, whatever you guys decide i'm fine with... however what i would like to see are some 'specials'

off the top of my head i'm thinking...

(would only last for a certain amount of time of course)
invulnerability
invisibility
100 attack
100 defence
whole map is visible

i'm sure you guys could come up with more... as well as put piratey themes to them :)

also whatever happened to fleets... i remember talking about that years ago anyways

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 am 

3J wrote:
i dont really care enough about all this, whatever you guys decide i'm fine with... however what i would like to see are some 'specials'

off the top of my head i'm thinking...

(would only last for a certain amount of time of course)
invulnerability
invisibility
100 attack
100 defence
whole map is visible

i'm sure you guys could come up with more... as well as put piratey themes to them :)

also whatever happened to fleets... i remember talking about that years ago anyways

Wouldn't that take the fun outta it 3J?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:35 pm 
John the Fisherman

I doubt it would take the fun out of it

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:45 pm 

no it would add fun and unexpectability (dont think thats a word tho) to the game... if newb1 finds a 50 attack prize pearl for say 1 hour or 50 moves or 24 hours even he could cause some unexpected losses to the tops which i think would add fun not take away =P

they would be rare of course, smaller prizes too like 1-3 attack or defense increase for a certain amount of time. Make some that instantly take effect and make some that you can save and use when you want to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:48 pm 

perhaps even make negative prize pearls :shock:

'Assayer checked your pearl... Uh oh you've found a rotting pearl that contains malaria' - Lose 2 attack for 24 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:20 pm 

lol oh ok I understand now. I like those ideas lol it would make the game more interesting. lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:11 pm 
John the Fisherman

I remmeber the stat-changing ideas...kinda tough to put them into play

Those that get the prize pearls that play the most are normally the ones that play the best and are higher up in the game...

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 am 

i just thought of this...

Partial Reset

all attack/defence/obs upgrades are reset while radar and ship upgrades remain

AND/OR

the reset stats will be 'sold' for silver doubloons... so say i have 1 cannon 1 hull 1 nav 1 obs upgrade, i will receive however many SDs the total amount of gold for those upgrades is.

perhaps put in a max amount of sds someone can get for their upgrades at reset time, like 100 or something (1,000,000gp worth)

this makes it so that all that hard work doesn't go to waste, while at the same time giving newbies a good chance to become a big-timer. as of now everyone is only cashing out for SDs anyways and no longer upgrading because of the upcomming reset.

i reaaaaallllly like this idea :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:37 am 

however my good friend goldpirate just pointed out that then no one would be tempted to spend $$ because they would be loaded with SD...

i don't know maybe you guys can come up with something, i'm trying to figure out a compromise because it seems about 50/50 with people who want a reset and people who do not want a reset.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next