All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you like it costing moves to attack?
Yes 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: do you like?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:14 am 
Bros Before Hoes

Do you like how it costs moves to attack? i personally dont... i dont know what all the background behind it is so i cant completely knock it... but i just know its kinda makes a high radar not worth it because if your going in that direction, it just wates moves... just what i think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:17 am 

The purpose is that you could attack from further away and it just deducted the moves it would take to reach them automatically. You would have to use those moves to get there anyways. It's a give and take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:26 am 
Bros Before Hoes

shelvock wrote:
The purpose is that you could attack from further away and it just deducted the moves it would take to reach them automatically. You would have to use those moves to get there anyways. It's a give and take.

my point is just that its kind of reduces importance of radar... if its costing me the same amount of moves... and im going that direction anyways... im going to see the person, so therefore i should upgrade other things instead...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:32 am 

The point of radar is that you can see more pirates and you can attack. I'm sure you remember how hard it was when you had a 1 radar. It's pretty clear to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:37 am 
Bros Before Hoes

shelvock wrote:
The point of radar is that you can see more pirates and you can attack. I'm sure you remember how hard it was when you had a 1 radar. It's pretty clear to me.

im not saying radar isnt important, im just saying... somethin like ship? would be just as if not more important once your radar gets decent... because you can move to that spot in ONE or TWO moves... instead of using oh NINE to attack it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:50 am 
I Rawk The Patch

so if I have an upgrade on ship, is it going to account for that when it takes my moves away, because I'm not going to say specifics, but I lost five moves for attacking someone that was right next to me in my radar, and I wasn't using level one ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:06 am 

It uses the least amount of moves possible for you and your current ship mode I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:26 am 
Spasm Master

i asked repustech this once, and he said that it doesn't take you ship into consideration - therefore he told be just to make a couple moves with my best ship in order to get cloose enough to my target and save moves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:37 am 
Bros Before Hoes

CaptainSpaz wrote:
i asked repustech this once, and he said that it doesn't take you ship into consideration - therefore he told be just to make a couple moves with my best ship in order to get cloose enough to my target and save moves!

and this is why this isnt good... because if i have a higher radar than another person... and they are on the edge of mine... i can see them but they cant see me... therefore i can attack w/o being attacked back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:18 am 

i think costing moves to attack is not fair as if you upgrade cannons as well you should be able to attack further the higher your cannons....I would suggest taking cannon level, ship level and radar level into account to see how many moves it costs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:29 pm 
Queen of the 7 Seas

The way it is is fine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:54 pm 
Professional Smartass

i dont think that it really matters that moves are lost attacking, we are given enough as it is. chances are that i double my moves just searching islands

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:18 pm 
Official PTW Wench

I don't like that it takes moves to attack, but it is necessary. What I would like is a cap on how many moves it takes... say, no more than three moves, regardless of how far away someone is on your radar. A lot of the suggestions made lately just seem petty and silly, but this is one I would like to see. Especially when you use five moves, gain one fame, and still only end up plundering two gold. :lol: Now THAT is frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:21 pm 
Official PTW Bastard

jaeger wrote:
i dont think that it really matters that moves are lost attacking, we are given enough as it is. chances are that i double my moves just searching islands

but as you attack more and more people, you use up a lot of moves that could have been spent finding moves at islands. eventually you will have to attack people as much as possible or you wont be able to earn enough for the next upgrade in reasonable time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:27 pm 
Professional Smartass

meatzone wrote:
jaeger wrote:

but as you attack more and more people, you use up a lot of moves that could have been spent finding moves at islands. eventually you will have to attack people as much as possible or you wont be able to earn enough for the next upgrade in reasonable time.

"as you attack more and more people...will have to attack people as much as possible" thanks for that meat. and i already attack all that i see