It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you like it costing moves to attack?
Yes 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:47 pm 

it should cost moves but it should just be one move per attack.
no matter how far away
thanks
Unclegar95

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:18 pm 
Official PTW Bastard

jaeger wrote:
"as you attack more and more people...will have to attack people as much as possible" thanks for that meat. and i already attack all that i see

ok, you obviously don't understand how attacking will work at higher levels yet. dont complain when your radar is level 10 and it uses up 20 moves for you to attack someone on the corner of your radar. see how many moves you find at islands once that starts happening.

and way to go on decontextualizing my last quote, dimwit. I know you attack everyone you see. The point is that farming gold from islands and towns will become pretty useless when upgrades cost huge amounts of money. you will be forced to attack players only, in hopes of stealing thousands at a time, otherwise you won't upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:20 pm 
Official PTW Bastard

unclegar95 wrote:
no matter how far away
thanks
Unclegar95

i agree
it takes the same amount of work to hit someone with a cannon from 10 feet away as it does from 100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:43 pm 

unclegar95 wrote:
no matter how far away
thanks
Unclegar95

I'm sorry but this won't happen. It's not fair for you to be able to attack someone 20 spaces away and have it only cost you one move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:06 pm 
Official PTW Bastard

shelvock wrote:
unclegar95 wrote:
no matter how far away
thanks
Unclegar95

I'm sorry but this won't happen. It's not fair for you to be able to attack someone 20 spaces away and have it only cost you one move.

thats reasonable, but would it at least be possible to factor in your ship to those moves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:15 pm 

Yes that's what I think should happen. That was the original plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:58 pm 
Queen of the 7 Seas

i never noticed but it should only cost you one move to attack. that would make radar much better for us all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:55 pm 
I Rawk The Patch

shelvock wrote:
It uses the least amount of moves possible for you and your current ship mode I believe.

Is there any way to make sure that our ship mode is accounted for? Because it really stinks to have to give up ten moves for something on the edge of my radar, when it wouldn't take ten moves for me to get there, it sort of diminishes the benefit of radar, because in order to save moves, you would have to get close enough for the other pirate to see you and run away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:04 pm 

Quote:
Is there any way to make sure that our ship mode is accounted for? Because it really stinks to have to give up ten moves for something on the edge of my radar, when it wouldn't take ten moves for me to get there, it sort of diminishes the benefit of radar, because in order to save moves, you would have to get close enough for the other pirate to see you and run away!

Ok, ive tested the prob. and it is not working like we had planned. We will add this to the list of "to-do's" and let you know when its fixed.. Thanks for the input. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:07 pm 

I agree this should take into account the ship level and the cannon level when attacking.

It almost makes it feel like a penalty to have a good radar and a good ship if it costs 20 moves to attack someone on the edge of your radar.

In my mind if I have the best ship and the best radar I should not be penalized ANY moves to attack anyone within my radar.

BUT then again I am only PLAYING this game, not writing it.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:49 pm 

Thank you all for your input and remember we're only human. Just give us time. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:14 am 
Bros Before Hoes

as long as the ship is gonna be taken into consideration at some point... its all good :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:16 am 

It will be :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:17 am 
Queen of the 7 Seas

I agree. they said its on their to-do list and thats good enough for me! Admin work very hard here to keep us all happy and i for one appreciate it! Thankyou!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:30 am 
Professional Smartass

meatzone wrote:
jaeger wrote:
"as you attack more and more people...will have to attack people as much as possible" thanks for that meat. and i already attack all that i see

ok, you obviously don't understand how attacking will work at higher levels yet. dont complain when your radar is level 10 and it uses up 20 moves for you to attack someone on the corner of your radar. see how many moves you find at islands once that starts happening.

and way to go on decontextualizing my last quote, dimwit. I know you attack everyone you see. The point is that farming gold from islands and towns will become pretty useless when upgrades cost huge amounts of money. you will be forced to attack players only, in hopes of stealing thousands at a time, otherwise you won't upgrade.

decontextualizing? somebody owns a thesaurus. how do u know that i attack everyone i see, someone is also assuming a lot. "when upgrades cost huge amounts of money. you will be forced to attack players only" searching an island or attacking a town doesnt even use up a move, y would i not do that if im there already?