Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Have been Warned about Chat abuse.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:41 pm 

I have been warned about posting Coords in the chatroom......and this is my apology for breaking the rule......BUT.....

TO POPCAN.......by technically speaking I did NOT POST YOUR COORD....
I posted the coord you attacked me from....as we know you are a coward and hit and run if you know you can be attacked.....

So I posted last known location....and several of us went hunting for you....and When I did find you.......I hit you back and did not post that coord in forum.

So by letter of the Law and definitions of YOUR COORDS....I have done nothing to WRONG you.....SORRY if you feel that way.....

But Like I said.....You will get what you deserve!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
PS....You thoughts on this Popcan would be great...LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:29 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

i may not be popcan, but i will definately give my thoughts... i went back and looked in the chat... seems to be that i found 2 incidents of YOU giving coords... one, the one your talkin about, and the 2nd... well, the real coords...

Jamie's Incident
<fearthefox> HELP ME FIND POIPCAN
<unclegar95> ok ill look
<Nassty> i saw i think nw
<IceX> um... nope, count me out of that one
<fearthefox> 130N - 163E
<fearthefox> last none location

The Second Incident Jamie Denys

<fearthefox> You attacked popcan
<fearthefox> Pirate's location 118S - 44E
<fearthefox> Attack Status You Succeeded
<fearthefox> Gold you plundered 173 pieces

as you and everyone else can now see, you really did post his coords... thats a direct c/p out of your attack log...

Post subject: Re: Have been Warned about Chat abuse.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:18 am 

fearthefox wrote:

Think we need a Goat or something i hear they eat popcans.

My chat doesnt work so i'm unfamiliar with it, does it save all the conversations (in main chat) and how many people use the chat at a given time? It sounds like people complaining to just complain, if people want your cords then its not that hard to pm the people on, if it saves the messages for everyone to see who logs on afterwards then i'd find it wrong but seeing most of use cant even attack popcan this shouldnt of been a huge problem. Honestly i feel no sympathy for the big guys, they have no one or very few people to take their gold since they are at the top, think of the poeple who started in jan they get their gold taken by 3-5 times as many people when they try saving it up.
Which leads me to my thoughts of the rich getting richer. I would have no idea on how to fix this but its a problem none the less. Granted they have played longer and deserve to be rewarded with payouts ect. but 5 or 6 months down the road people will get angry its the same people cashing out. Peoples reasoning in their heads "oh when they have to pay high costs for upgrades we'll catch them" well think of it this way, when they are already in the 70's (total upgrade points) and your having a hard time in the 50's getting 40k and 50k b/c they keep attacking you. They will get the gold they need b/c even the few people to attack them they will attck them right back. I mean look at how much of a gap there is between people who started soon as the game started and ones who started 2 or 3 weeks latter. Simply put there is nothing to take their gold but cashing out for money, which isnt a big deal when they get 100's of thousands a week. Yes i know they will slow down on upgrades but so will we, just b/c they got there in a certain number of days doesnt mean we can, they were fighting no one. People say the cost of cashing out will be lower, very doubtful even if it was on the second month kim had over 500k to cashout with, now think if the cashout was that much more lower, with that much gold she would just fill the extra spaces and get paid that much more gold.
This kinda reminds me of real world, the rich or first to start playing (kinda like first to open companies) they start out poor but they have monopoly they control from then on out of anyone who starts after (the working class) b/c they attack towns and islands (kinda like a wage) then the bigger player collects of them. But who collects theirs? Imagine when fleets come out and the one or 2 good fleets then there is no stopping them b/c the amouth of people to attack them is very far and few between Like i said i wouldnt even know of a way to correcting this issue and in deffense of the older players they should get paid for their time playing and what not but the way things are going it will be along time for anyone else to get paid (other than the select few high lvls who got attacked right b4 payout). So its not fair that the trend of the same names every month for cashout. This is the only collapse of the games structure i see.
So in a nutshell quit crying you will continue to make payout for a long time even if ur cords are posted, Plus you can move enough to see the whole map and attack them back, if it was such a huge deal. But i respect the rules and see that its wrong and stats it is to post cords so personally i would do nothign of the sort.

Edit: the only ways i could see this corrected is if after x amount of months or days the game resets, only other way to avoid this is the high up plays eventualy quit but getting paid everymonth for playing a game i doubt this to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 am 
Bros Before Hoes

Brian0icu812 wrote:
fearthefox wrote:

Think we need a Goat or something i hear they eat popcans.

My chat doesnt work so i'm unfamiliar with it, does it save all the conversations (in main chat) and how many people use the chat at a given time? It sounds like people complaining to just complain, if people want your cords then its not that hard to pm the people on, if it saves the messages for everyone to see who logs on afterwards then i'd find it wrong but seeing most of use cant even attack popcan this shouldnt of been a huge problem. Honestly i feel no sympathy for the big guys, they have no one or very few people to take their gold since they are at the top, think of the poeple who started in jan they get their gold taken by 3-5 times as many people when they try saving it up.
Which leads me to my thoughts of the rich getting richer. I would have no idea on how to fix this but its a problem none the less. Granted they have played longer and deserve to be rewarded with payouts ect. but 5 or 6 months down the road people will get angry its the same people cashing out. Peoples reasoning in their heads "oh when they have to pay high costs for upgrades we'll catch them" well think of it this way, when they are already in the 70's (total upgrade points) and your having a hard time in the 50's getting 40k and 50k b/c they keep attacking you. They will get the gold they need b/c even the few people to attack them they will attck them right back. I mean look at how much of a gap there is between people who started soon as the game started and ones who started 2 or 3 weeks latter. Simply put there is nothing to take their gold but cashing out for money, which isnt a big deal when they get 100's of thousands a week. Yes i know they will slow down on upgrades but so will we, just b/c they got there in a certain number of days doesnt mean we can, they were fighting no one. People say the cost of cashing out will be lower, very doubtful even if it was on the second month kim had over 500k to cashout with, now think if the cashout was that much more lower, with that much gold she would just fill the extra spaces and get paid that much more gold.
This kinda reminds me of real world, the rich or first to start playing (kinda like first to open companies) they start out poor but they have monopoly they control from then on out of anyone who starts after (the working class) b/c they attack towns and islands (kinda like a wage) then the bigger player collects of them. But who collects theirs? Imagine when fleets come out and the one or 2 good fleets then there is no stopping them b/c the amouth of people to attack them is very far and few between Like i said i wouldnt even know of a way to correcting this issue and in deffense of the older players they should get paid for their time playing and what not but the way things are going it will be along time for anyone else to get paid (other than the select few high lvls who got attacked right b4 payout). So its not fair that the trend of the same names every month for cashout. This is the only collapse of the games structure i see.
So in a nutshell quit crying you will continue to make payout for a long time even if ur cords are posted, Plus you can move enough to see the whole map and attack them back, if it was such a huge deal. But i respect the rules and see that its wrong and stats it is to post cords so personally i would do nothign of the sort.

Edit: the only ways i could see this corrected is if after x amount of months or days the game resets, only other way to avoid this is the high up plays eventualy quit but getting paid everymonth for playing a game i doubt this to happen.

cashout wont be as high as it was normally... once treasure hunts get implemented... more revenue in the game... however, w/ fleets... there are already alliances in place... and wont change much... all the little guys have to do is do exactly what the big guys do... there is a strategy to this game, and no its not just map and hit islands... there is other things you cna do... dont bitch... pop doesnt desrve to have his coords posted just like you dont... you arent even allowed to post your coords period... the point here is... jamie posted coords... TWICE, once unofficial, 2nd official... which is against the rules... and obviously NOT accidental... if it was once... ok slipped... but twice? in that period? unacceptable...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:24 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Brian0icu812 wrote:
My chat doesnt work so i'm unfamiliar with it, does it save all the conversations (in main chat) and how many people use the chat at a given time?

For clarification:

The IRC channel does not save all of the conversations in main chat. Some programs can log messages in chat while you are in the chat room. Some people stay in the chat room all the time because they have a broadband internet connection, leave their computer on, and leave the chat window open.

The number of people in the chat room varies with the time of day as well as the day of the week and the day of the month. As I write this there are 7 people in the main chat room. They are not all necessarily at their computers right now.

If you want some help setting up your computer to get into chat in a more reliable way, feel free to PM me and we can see what we can do.

As to the actual topic:

fearthefox wrote:
So by letter of the Law and definitions of YOUR COORDS....I have done nothing to WRONG you.....

The chat window reminds you every time that you log in that you are not supposed to post coordinates in the main chat window...ANY coordinates...even your own. We have been here for over two months, and it is not a new policy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:42 am 

huskerswrkhavoc wrote:

cashout wont be as high as it was normally... once treasure hunts get implemented... more revenue in the game... however, w/ fleets... there are already alliances in place... and wont change much... all the little guys have to do is do exactly what the big guys do... there is a strategy to this game, and no its not just map and hit islands... there is other things you cna do... dont bitch... pop doesnt desrve to have his coords posted just like you dont... you arent even allowed to post your coords period... the point here is... jamie posted coords... TWICE, once unofficial, 2nd official... which is against the rules... and obviously NOT accidental... if it was once... ok slipped... but twice? in that period? unacceptable...

So your saying now that theres 1700+ people its the same as when it started. Then your very wrong my friend, when you started there was what 30 people attackign you? and hell you could even go days unseen. Now the new player has at least 1000 people attacking him (if not when hes green then soon as he turns blue). With the average attacks a day you dont come out ahead by much, and yes thats with 0 fame, and unlike the big players you cant attack many people b/c the odds of getting hit are almost 100% and with fame over 5 you've damn near wasted your day. I dont expect you to see this since your on the top 5 people. And "there is a strategy to this game, and no its not just map and hit islands... there is other things you can do" well with 0 fame, mapping and making smart attacks theres not a whole lot of thikning left in the game. Point is you guys can save money and still attack, get a fame reset withing 75 moves and your ok, this doesnt apply for the average player. Ok so more money coming in will lower the cashing out, so whats to lower the high levels just cashing out that much more? when u reach a comfort lvl which few have you dont need to lvl b/c the middle will fight themselves (they obviously cant touch the top) and you guys can still attack them for the profit you normally collect. You honestly think in two months time a person starting now could get over 60 upgrades? No. I'm not saying its impossible to catch you guys just saying it will take alot longer than what it took you and in the mean time it will be the same people cashing out. But well see i guess for the months to come, i'll update this thread for ya when cashouts come to see it'll be over 50% of the same people. Honestly i could care less about the cashouts, if i played for money i wasted to many hours. In my mind it doesnt seem fair that a few weeks headstart should be so costly to the game. Whats to hurt the game if every 6months the game and map reset? it would keep it new and exciting (since the admin can add new items in patches) the players who play the most will still be on top and it will give everyone a fair chance. Lots of online games do this (called ladder, season, ect) to balance out the game and keep the players by making it a whole new game play where they have to play if they want to be the best instead of playing sloppy b/c they are already in the lead. I expect a bunch of replies now by the top players saying its not the case and so on but i guess the big title games with millions to pour into gameplay really dont know much about keeping the players happy and a fun competitive edge. Its just an idea and i think a vote would prove the facts overall besides 6 months (for example) is a long time for the top players to reign. The admin might even have somehting planned like this.

Anyways this was off topic and if you want to continue to prove this wrong we can make another thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:51 am 

Quote:
there are already alliances in place

the way i hear it, the biggest players make deals not to attack at cashout. another easy way to save up while the rest get hit. obviously this is up to the individual to decide (and some people make a deal and break it anyway) but if people are really worried about a top elite they should focus on attack upgrades so that not even the biggest/oldest whatever players are safe. sorry it's off the main topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:09 am 

i agree 100% brian but i was talking to the admin earlier today and he said that soon there will be a cap on moves found per day (so the high peeps cant get unlimited moves and gold from islands so they will not keep increasing the gap so much.. AND so they wont hoarde all the gold in the world to screw cash out for all us lower peeps) and he also said that they will make it so if you are way high in stats and someone else is a lot lower, then you wont be able to attack them. and the fleets... supposidly they wont give you much of an advantage (cus i was thinkin the same thing as you) but we will see.
lets hope that cap on new moves starts soon! we need it to start so we can make it a fair game again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:10 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Brian0icu812 wrote:
[Whats to hurt the game if every 6months the game and map reset? it would keep it new and exciting (since the admin can add new items in patches) the players who play the most will still be on top and it will give everyone a fair chance. Lots of online games do this (called ladder, season, ect) to balance out the game and keep the players by making it a whole new game play where they have to play if they want to be the best instead of playing sloppy b/c they are already in the lead. I expect a bunch of replies now by the top players saying its not the case and so on

This has already been talked about in the suggestions area, and there are a number of players who are for it...in some way or another. If everything in the game were reset, it would be very interesting to see what happens. With everything that we now know, what would we do differently? Would what you want to do differently work when everyone else is doing something different too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:48 am 

sms4001 wrote:
i agree 100% brian but i was talking to the admin earlier today and he said that soon there will be a cap on moves found per day (so the high peeps cant get unlimited moves and gold from islands so they will not keep increasing the gap so much.. AND so they wont hoarde all the gold in the world to screw cash out for all us lower peeps) and he also said that they will make it so if you are way high in stats and someone else is a lot lower, then you wont be able to attack them. and the fleets... supposidly they wont give you much of an advantage (cus i was thinkin the same thing as you) but we will see.
lets hope that cap on new moves starts soon! we need it to start so we can make it a fair game again.

This is already a fair game.....Do You not Remember the 3hit rule per week.......I can tell you that others have figured out a way to upgrade....If they institue the changes that you are saying...I am sorry to say that this is What happened in the "OTHER" game that made so many players quit......

Ie the high ups not being able to hit the lower......as for capping moves that I can live with as I am currently not playing as much as I have......

As for Husker......I believe the now If I am wrong I am sorry but the second Post was not brought to my attention by an admin.....so who says it was not in a private chat and that it was in main chat window....as i was Talking to admin and they ever said anything about it...til they do I will deny that I did it....if I did and admin can prove it then I apologize but Popcan deserves what ever he gets......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:00 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

The game will not be reset, mainly because a lot of people paid for moves and resets to get them to where they are. Brian's comment on someone starting just 2 weeks late being at a disadvantage is only half valid, cause I was out of town when the game launched and I had to start 19 days after the launch date, and as a lot of people on here can attest to, I am not at much of a disadvantage here. Up until a few days before cashout the amount of gold plundered from me was 30k. That was after almost a month and a half. I played when others were not normally on, I quit when I had less than 100 moves and had just gotten an upgrade, I learned quickly that attacking from a distance was a waste of moves, and I kept my fame at 0 as often as possible. It can be done, but you need a combination of determination, skill and of course, luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:49 am 

and $$$ dont forget the money!!!! :wink:

lol... jk

i dont care either way the map gets reset... i think of it more of a challenge instead of sitting down and running through a boring map :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:05 am 
Beware of the Black Spot

bcp19 wrote:
The game will not be reset, mainly because a lot of people paid for moves and resets to get them to where they are. Brian's comment on someone starting just 2 weeks late being at a disadvantage is only half valid, cause I was out of town when the game launched and I had to start 19 days after the launch date, and as a lot of people on here can attest to, I am not at much of a disadvantage here. Up until a few days before cashout the amount of gold plundered from me was 30k. That was after almost a month and a half. I played when others were not normally on, I quit when I had less than 100 moves and had just gotten an upgrade, I learned quickly that attacking from a distance was a waste of moves, and I kept my fame at 0 as often as possible. It can be done, but you need a combination of determination, skill and of course, luck.

I also personally know of someone that started Jan 24 and now has an 11 cannon among other nice goodies. He also took a 3 day vacation in the middle of this time period.
There will always be people that "feel" they are at a disadvantage, and being treated unfairly. These are the people that would rather the game be changed to accomodate them instead of them learning the game. Hell, while we're at it, let's rewrite the rules of business too so that once every year everyone has to start with nothing.
It bothers me that one lobbyist has changed the rewards of people that search also. I really believe that this was an equalizer for the newbies, regardless of if higher ups can search and accumulate moves also. The moves are found in islands which don't add fame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:51 am 

bcp19 wrote:

yepp. allmost the same here. started late, not doing bad most of the time, took a long vacation, back and kickin. newbs can do it good. well- you must get over the facts that some people will allways be ahead for some reasons, but you can still kick ass too,so take it easy (if you can).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:22 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

wb mega..

now get some gold and high fame already please :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next