Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you Agree?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Could care less 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:38 pm 

Cutie,

The 3 hit limit per week is there so that newbies can still upgrade and still make cashout. After changing the map and getting rid of the auto scripts they can hit all the greens they want...3 times per week. Just cuz you hit them doesn't mean they have a high fame or that you'll get that much. I see it. I don't see why no one else does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:57 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I personally think these developments are great. I don't necessarily like the changing of the rules of the game without warning, but, as previously said, what's done is done and we can get over it.

As to the other things mentioned, like changing the map and killing robotic players, I really like them too. It makes the game harder for the old players and easier for the new players who don't do these things anyway. I am for things that would handicap me if it makes the game more challenging for me and easier on new people. The old players are smart but lazy. We figured out something that worked for each of us, but when things change on us, it's hard and some complain. :-D

We should want to draw in new people with something a bit easier, such as a sandbox training ground (the shallow waters?) where people of a certain level can't go, and the newbie greens would be allowed to pick on each other freely. Then, once they are TOTALLY addicted :-) they enter the open waters and at least have a chance at succeeding. I believe this has been posted before in the suggestions forum... I will go bump it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:06 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

so ive been gone for a couple days... as many of you have found out... or knew...

but this topic seems relatively new.. (today)

this is my opinion on the start of it...

jamie (fox) has always been one to bitch when the game has switched to not necisarily play right to his strengths and help other players... notice he "quit" wealthwars and then signed up not too much later as "thesilverbullitt" or whatever the hell it was, i couldnt care less...

i think the admins are doing what they feel needs to be done, and technically, its their game, they need to do that. thank you admins...

whether us as long time members agree with changes or not, we should respect the admins for doing what they feel needs to be done to generate new players and new income for the game... it'd be one thing if we were paying $10 a month or whatever to play the game, then yea, id see the point, but honestly, this game is free for us.. there is no obligation to pay to play...

getting rid of auto scripts will be a good thing, because we any of us that know anything about computers, know its very possible to do this, (hence the program from ww)

i hope that this doesnt drive everyone away from the game, but those who truly play just to have fun, not to run over everyone, wont leave... its a game for Christ's sake, and we all need to learn that.. and a lot of us need to grow up...

thank you admins for doing what you feel needed to be done and continually keeping the game up to par with what needs to be done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:10 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Oh, there were a few things I forgot to mention:

1. Please don't kill support for Firefox. I do not have Internet Explorer on my computer so I don't have much of another option that isn't based off of a similar engine. If you stop allowing Firefox players to play, it would probably stop Safari, Camino, and Opera users from playing as well.

2. With the having to type something in so you can continue playing, please please please make it intelligent enough to know when you're running away from someone. I think it would be totally annoying if I had fame, was running away, and all of a sudden had to enter in some barely readable word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:25 pm 

i fully understand the 3 hits per week rule...if it weren't for that rule, i'd NEVER have any gold...but when you're new, and i AM fairly new (but not stupid), there are a LOT of people who can hit you 3 times a week...

so if 200 people can hit you 3 times a week, that's 600 hits/week you have to look forward to...and people play at all times of the day, so you are NEVER safe, trust me, i know...

and if you stick to the islands to keep your fame down...you might make how much a day?? not enough to matter...lately it seems i can't get more than 49 gp from an island, more often 1-12 gp, woohoo, and that's WITH a map...and even towns, which STILL up your fame by 1, don't give you more than 100, and lately it seems they give the same nothing the islands do...i should know, that's where i've been the past couple of days...and most islands seem to contain either storms or nothing lately...

also, after you have a certain amount of gold, it's not even worth attacking towns and upping your fame for even 100 gp, even just 1 fame point cuz they get twice what they'd get if your fame was 0...example, you have 20,000 gp on your ship...you attack a town and get 100 gp, you now have 20,100 gp total, fame 1...so and so attacks, gets 2%, takes 402 gp instead of 200 gp...

without a map, with the island/town percentage, if you were to use a dingy (upgrading your ship, which i have, would now be a waste) you wouldn't even hit an island/town with all 600 moves...plus then you'd have to figure in all the storms (fun, fun, fun) and all the "yeah for you, you found a big nothing on this island"...how often would you be able to upgrade in a week?? if you could even upgrade in a week??

i hit tons of green ships...i NEVER get anywhere NEAR what is taken from me...also, most new players are so close in level that someone you hit can turn around and hit you back, so if you take 14 gp from someone who's green to you, then they come back later and your fame is high because you've been out attacking and weren't lucky enough to find a coveted reset, and they take 1400 gp from you...green means NOTHING...

so basicly, i'm supposed to use about 50 moves attacking, then 550 moves trying to find a reset so i don't end with fame...and hope i made enough with that first 50 to upgrade...hmm....really gets you thinking...

oh, and i appreciate the rule, i really do, and i understand it's in place to help new players upgrade (and it does to an extent, if they use it correctly, which i'm doing)...as for the cashing out part, not everyone is here to cash out...i, myself, don't intend on cashing out...i'm here for fun...to fill my hours of boredom...that's why i'm so concerned with upgrading, if i can't upgrade, the game won't be fun for me...i'm not here to make money, and if that's everyone's main motivation, that's sad... :cry: ...there are no other games like this...i've looked, and i really like this game...

p.s. this game is a far cry from "the other one"...there's no comparison..."the other one" is pitiful beyond words....

p.s.s. also, i don't really see how this benefits the lower level players...i would think we'd need a map more than the higher level players, since WAY more people can attack us than can attack someone like fox or popcan or someone...it's harder to hold onto gold when you have 25 people who can take it than when you only have 5...so how does this "change" help us?? how will it help us upgrade and cashout out?? i just don't see it...it seems to be taking away from us, if you ask me...

I need a fame reset 100 times more than fox...I need a 100 gp from the islands 100 times more than fox...I need a map 100 times more than fox...and I am new, not him...ptw, you're pulling the plug on my lifesupport...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:19 pm 

Quote:
1. Please don't kill support for Firefox.

We have no intentions of killing firefox. We will just take other measures to prevent auto scripts from being used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:24 pm 

You're still going to be able to make a map, but it's just not going to get as big as the one currently going around. So you'll still be able to hit islands when you need to. We're just trying to fine tune the game and get it to it's optimal state. We won't be taking away the ability to use firefox. What we're trying to do is take away the auto players. As of right now I imagine someone's script works like this. Auto move around to islands and what not, if players name comes up on radar, attack, move on and so on. So right now cutie I think you're at more of a disadvantage because I can only think of a couple "big" players that aren't using a script.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:38 pm 

not to keep picking at this theory...but it still bothers me...

if i make a small map...EVERY week...i will:

1. no longer be able to make money for upgrades off islands and towns
2. more than likely not find a reset, since even with my larger, hours worth of map (that i did MYSELF), i might find 1, IF i'm lucky

what % of the entire map is resets again?? cuz they really seem to be rare beyond belief, and i'm almost tired of looking for them...

i do appreciate the block on the auto players (if it doesn't intrude on running from players, that is)... since it seems the same high levels players are suspiciously good at finding me EVERYDAY... :?

the main reason i'm so worried about upgrading is i get bored VERY easily...i played the other game for 8 months, and i stopped for almost 3 months in the middle of that time because daily attacks, and not finding paying coords and no money in mtns/deserted bases made it impossible to upgrade, and not upgrading=no fun...i got very frustrated, and i don't want that to happen here...i liked this game from the start because i immediately did well, and it IS much better...

so...is there another solution?? like, changing the map, say, once a month, instead of once a week?? or upping the fame reset % (although i like the first suggestion better :lol: )?? or upping the amounts of gold you can get from islands/towns for people with lower attack levels?? people are broke EVERYWHERE it seems (except me and everyone who steals my money, that is...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:51 pm 

We will consider your requests and do what we think is best. As for broke pirates. The new inactive player update is in effect and the inactives should start dropping of the map soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:07 pm 

so scripts are against the rules, right? and people that use scripts are considered cheaters? how do you handle cheaters? are they banned?? cuz they should be... or are they allowed to continue to play, without the assistance of their scripts, but with the help of their ill-gained, almost untouchable stats??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:20 pm 

Scripts alone are not considered cheating, but scripts that automate movement or mapping are against the rules. The problem is that it is almost impossible for us to tell who is using them and who is not. We work off of the honesty system and if someone rats out somebody else we can do an investigation and try to figure out if they are cheating. That is why we plan to setup a feature that can only be used by a human player, robots will not be able to bypass this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:28 pm 

damage done...the honor system NEVER works...damn it all... :cry:

Last edited by cutiewithabooty on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Good Move
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:30 pm 

:wink: Thank you Repustech & Shelvock. I think that changing the map on a regular basis is one of the best moves yet. Those players using scripts have a huge advantage over the rest of us. I don't think we will ever be able to catch up to their stats. Thanks for trying to level the field. Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:37 pm 

Well if you can suggest a way to prevent people from using scripts I would love to hear it. Our server has no way of telling whether or not there is actually a person behind the clicks, the internet doesn’t work that way.

Quote:
not to sound critical, but with someone who played the "other game" creating this site, one would think the feature you guys are now implementing would've been one of the first priorities when creating this site...

you can't trust people, ESPECIALLY with money, ESPECIALLY free money...

So you are saying that we should have seen into the future and came up with a perfect game from the beginning? Once you have created a game that has over 5000 members that the admin have to answer to, then you can tell me we should have done something we didn't. Bottom line is that if you are not happy with this FREE GAME, then you don’t have to play it.

Last edited by repustech on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:37 pm 

peoples who used autobot should be kick out.because they used it to destroy the fun of the game.when the new member who been here not that long who need to upgrade with around 20k golds and cannot upgrade because you only make around 9k golds per day.how they go survive on this when you get attack everyday to take all the golds you got left.to me is impossible unless you hit a pirate who got lots of golds and that not happening lately. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next