Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you Agree?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Could care less 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:44 pm 
the evil pirate

i guess i will put my 2 cents in this thread too

first of all i want to point out that this site has some of the most responsive admins anywhere and i have also been guilty of taking out my frustrations on them and i apologize.

here is what i would think may help out the site.

1. restrict payouts to a maximum of $60
2. shallow waters for newbies (until they earn x amount of gold)
3. meet halfway on free moves to 16
4. knock a % or two off the storms
5. turing numbers to kill auto scripts
6. random maps

restricting payouts basically only affects me and will prevent cheaters from seeing this site as a target. im all in for spreading the cash around

shallow waters for newbies is the best idea i have seen, they really do need some kind of help, when all those greenies start sinking they will be DEAD ducks

free moves capped at 16 would still make farming possible but it would stop pirates from accumulating thousands of moves , if you put it back to 20 possibly you can set a certain percentage for each free move available making the 12+ free moves harder to get than before.

dropping the storm percentage will not be necessary if moves go back to 20, i think everyone is complaining about more storms but it just might be possible that we all notice them more than before because our available moves drop so fast and 10 really hurts and makes the game more frustrating than fun when we hit 2-5 in a row

turing numbers are definatly needed , i have witnessed so many people using bots that it is a #1 priority in my book to stop the cheaters before the site is destroyed. as far as the turing numbers when being chased by other pirates the answer is simple dont search any islands or towns while running, turing numbers would be fine as long as the are attached to searches of islands and towns.

changing the maps weekly is also good to slow down the farming, we are pirates not farmers

end of my 2 cents

whatever you guys decide ill still play :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:51 pm 

Thank you popcan... Finally somebody that has a suggestion rather than making us out to be thieves. These are all great ideas and I'm sure you will see them in our next set of updates. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:51 pm 

popcan wrote:
turing numbers are definatly needed , i have witnessed so many people using bots that it is a #1 priority in my book to stop the cheaters before the site is destroyed.

Because it sure doesn't seem like you're using bots... :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/sarcasm]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:58 pm 
the evil pirate

King are you trying to imply i use bots?

i wouldnt know where to look to set anything like that up. i can guarantee you the admins could contact me whenever im online and i would respond in seconds because im playing

i have put in my playing time to get where i am at now so quit being a punk and keep your sarcasm to yourself as the adults are having a conversation !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:01 pm 

Yes, lets keep the accusations to ourselves unless we have proof of someone breaking the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:12 pm 

popcan: question, i know NOTHING about bots and other more complicated computer stuff...if the turing numbers are only attached to islands and towns, does that mean a bot can still run just to attack ships??

Last edited by cutiewithabooty on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:14 pm 

popcan wrote:
i have put in my playing time to get where i am at now so quit being a punk and keep your sarcasm to yourself as the adults are having a conversation !!

I don't care how old you are poppy, i'll interupt the "adults conversations" whenever I want. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:18 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

A BIG reason why a lot of things about the game haven't been implemented is the DDoS attack that killed the game for a huge chunk of time. Remember that the game went public in December, and the server crashed shortly thereafter. When it came back up, we had cashout to look forward to, and the cashout scripts crashed. Finally, through January and February, things were just starting to look good when in March--DDoS.

Remember that, technically, the game has only been up for a month. A month is not a very long time in an application development roadmap--especially for something with over 5000+ possible users using it 24/7.

I think shelvock, repustech, and jan have been wonderful! Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:22 pm 
the evil pirate

cutiewithabooty wrote:
repustech wrote:

popcan: question, since, like i said before, i know NOTHING about bots and other more complicated computer stuff...if the turing numbers are only attached to islands and towns, does that mean a bot can still run just to attack ships??

as far as stopping the bots for attacking ships i think that would be much harder, a pirate would also accumulate a ton of fame doing this and would lose it all when his moves run out. perhaps the member with the highest defence could do this but we all know mskwik doesnt do that.

the biggest abuse comes from bots hopping islands all day without getting fame, they may get hit a lot because they are moving but their loses are very small and the 3x rule helps them even more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:37 pm 

Speaking of changes to the game, today I went through 600 moves without 1 fame reset (I've spent all my money in case you're looking for me..LOL). Last week, I found at least 1 per 100 moves. I'm going to take a wild guess that it's been changed also.

Fastest Clicker in the 4 Seas

"EEEEEEEFFFFIEEENNNNNNCCCYYYYYYY!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:45 pm 

Quote:
all I did was question why this wasn't implemented from the start...i'm not saying you should've seen into the future, i just wondered why it wasn't done sooner...

...and finally, i don't think you're very nice (i like shelvock better)...

You can ask why, why, why all day long but it doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been done. To create this game was a huge undertaking and yes, there were things that were missed and there are still so many things to change and update. The truth is that these updates take time and money, and we update things as we see the need. Obviously there is now a need to stop these scripts, so it will be done. This game is so very different than when it started, just ask anyone here. I think they will all agree that we are working very hard to make this game please the majority.

And it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if you like shelvock better. He can be just as mean as me. It sucks when members don’t ever see the hard work we have put into this game for the last 8 months, especially when it’s a member complaining that has only been around for 23 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:07 pm 

thanks for the explanation about the bots, popcan...i appreciate it...

Last edited by cutiewithabooty on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:10 pm 

Quitting because something isn't perfect in the beginning solves everything I assume?

These admin's are grade A in support and trying to make the game better, even though you think they are being mean.
Now you are just being annoying, and believe me - I know annoying. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:12 pm 

King.. you are the king of annoying, lol :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:13 pm 
the evil pirate

hey jason

lets break out the barrel of rum and we all can get drunk

after today maybe we will need 2 barrels lol

PS; its not that we dont care its more like we are heroin addicts who need our daily dose of PTW and the last 2 days we have been chronicking

the radar is working 100 times better today , i dont think you need to remove any scripts, just a few tweeks here and there, it only took 2 days to fix the radar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next