Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you Agree?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Could care less 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:23 pm 
Spasm Master

nsng20 wrote:
am i the only one who didnt know others were using these autobots? i would have thought this could be detected in some way like WW. i mean i remember in another thread a certain person stated they had 1300 or 13000 moves... i cant remember which but i believe it was 13000 .(cant find thread anymore, must have been deleted) i mean how is that possible without cheating.

ive personally quit the game for a while because of fustration (not being able to upgrade for weeks... and im not even that strong) but then ever since the new features were added ive started again. but i find it even harder to plunder any gold now. i mean ive gone through 600 moves and finding only 2000.

this is just my rant. i think the game and admin are great and always try to help us out. some of the new additions and upgrades maybe weary to some but its all in the process of making the game bigger and challenging. you cant hate admin if they are trying to make a dime or two even though they arent. they should be paid for thier hard work in creating the site and paying for all the expenses it takes to run this site. why else would they create this game for.

well, i believe it was mskwik that said they had 13000 moves, and they do not cheat - just follow map and hit only islands. Since the moves arent lost at reset if they are over 600, 13000 is totally obtainable if you hit mostly islands, especially if the 155/100 move ratio is correct. I think most people would agree with me in the fact that mskwik doesnt cheat the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:56 pm 

Yes, that was me with that many moves. It only happened because you tend to get more moves than you use on islands, and I have a good map and tend to follow islands a lot for the fame resets. Moves don't go back down at midnight, so I just ended up with a few hundred extra moves everyday and they add up after a while. Now if the moves got pushed back down to 600 at midnight then it would be impossible without cheating, but as it is is just takes a while to collect a lot of moves.

Post subject: Catching up...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:11 pm 
Ok, I've been away for almost a week and just got back to the tempest known as the PTW forum. For those of us who need to be caught up, apparently there is some sort of issue with changes to the game. Correct me if I am wrong, but the changes appear to be: Fewer fame resets, fewer moves at islands, a different radar system and more storms? Oh, and the map got shuffled. I think I hit everything, but if I missed something, I would appreciate it if someone could reply.

A couple of thoughts that crossed my mind (an unusual occurence, at best):

1) I'm not sure why anyone is taking shots at the admins. Can't even begin to imagine it. These guys appear to be on the forum or working on the game 24/7. It's a free game, and I can't imagine that they will ever be millionaires from it. The game isn't perfect, but they have shown the ability and willingness to change things up when needed. I know that I'll be accused of sucking up. That's fine, since I'll also be the first one to scream bloody murder if something goes really wrong (You know, more wrong than losing a few moves, which actually benefits the more advance players than anyone else, since it makes it harder for us mid-tier players to catch up.). So far, things look fine here. Remember, the message board wouldn't be this active if people weren't playing, and people wouldn't play if they hated it.

2) I'm glad the Rant & Rave part of the forum was opened. It's when dissent is forbidden that we will know things are in trouble. Not everyone's going to be happy all the time.

3) I've spent a lot of time mapping, so I'm not thrilled about that. But stuff happens.

4) The idea that we set up shallow waters for the greenies is excellent.

5) I seem to be getting fewer moves at the islands, but in my first hundred moves today have hit 2 fame resets and no storms. I've also been hit by Popcan as my welcome back. :lol: I haven't noticed anything else strange, and although n=100 is not exactly a large sample size, things seem fine there.

6) I have no idea what autobots/automapping/autoanything is. Sorry, I'm old. I assume it means setting up some sort of program to play the game for you. Doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

7) Remember, this site makes its money off advertising. Don't blind click, by any means, but if you see something that interests you, stop in and say hello. Admins, have you thought about sending out e-mail ads worth a few pieces of gold to people who visit the advertisers?

8) Career advice for the day: For those of you playing who are still in high school/college, give serious thought to a career in computers, since old people like me are going to have to pay you guys to do this stuff for us.

Mike

Post subject: The last post was from mef623
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:46 pm 

I wrote the last post. Apparently, I wasn't signed in. My bad.

Mike

Post subject: Re: Catching up...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:34 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

mef623 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the changes appear to be: Fewer fame resets, fewer moves at islands, a different radar system and more storms? Oh, and the map got shuffled. I think I hit everything, but if I missed something, I would appreciate it if someone could reply.

That is wrong--the changes are:

1. A different radar system that had a few bugs to work out.

2. The max number of moves found on an island was dropped from 20 to 12, and then raised back up to 16. There were no changes to the resets, storms, or any other percentages. That was hearsay.

3. A ranking system based on "piracy".

4. Massive changes behind the scenes that don't affect the players too much.

There are a few more things, but those are the big ones.

mef623 wrote:
The idea that we set up shallow waters for the greenies is excellent.

I'm not sure what tense you're using this in, but it hasn't happened yet and is still only a suggestion.

mef623 wrote:
I seem to be getting fewer moves at the islands, but in my first hundred moves today have hit 2 fame resets and no storms.

See above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:24 pm 

So it doesn't seem like there were any real changes. Everything is working fine for me.

In terms of setting up shallow waters for greenies, I was just reiterating someone else's suggestion as something to look into. I think it's a great idea!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:04 am 

I can't get over the amount of people who want to bitch about such a great FREE game! Even those that complain do so becuase they're finding the game challenging and ..... isn't that the point? Newbs wanna complain about stronger players having a huge advantage when in reality I don't think they really do. i think they have a strategy. Something that it took time for them to discover. That's why these seasoned players wanna bitch when changes come. It messes with their 'working system'. I think changes no matter how small or big are great for the game. It forces everyone to rethink their strategy and PLAY the game.
For new players that wanna complain... c'mon! The players that use this forum are most helpful. You can find multiple threads that say... keep your fame at this level.. avoid these players... upgrade this... don't bother upgrading this... in one days moves you'll generally find this... You want info? You wanna know how to play? How to succeed? Even admin will offer advice! What more could you ask for?? Oh.. you want cash and think that high level of gold is impossible without attacking? it seems admin has given a fair shot to everyone by offering, not only great prizes to be found but straight cash!!! Think it's not fair cuz people have maps? Admin is thinking of fixing that too.
What a fabulous site. Excellent people leave hilarious reading material on the forums (even those that bitch can make me chuckle), and great advice. Fantastic admins that seem to take all suggestions to heart and work thier asses off to bring all of us some addictive fun with a chance to win some cash. And if you really think these guys are truly running this site for their own gain then all you need to do is take time to read through the forum a little more.. these guys are always here, working very hard to bring a game to over 5000 players while trying to please as many as they can. Hell... i can't even make my two kids happy at the same time, all of the time.

Great job admins. Love the game. Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:09 am 

Hello Yertle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:57 pm 

hi all!

can i just say i love this game, and think the admims are great. If ive ever had a problem theyve always helped very quickly, better in fact than most sites you have to pay for, or even the local shops!

Personally for me i think the changes will make things more difficult as i will struggle to get upgrades (which is why i play the game, not to cash out)

But i have a question - people wont be able to farm anymore with the map being changed, there will be less gold took from islands, then gold spent on low upgrades, so people needing 80k plus will just keep taking from each other, some will get lucky but then wont the gold run out or am i missing something and am gonna feel really stupid writing this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:19 pm 

what i mean is for example to keep it simple

if the game has a daily average of 1000 gold which is divided up by all the players. at the end of the day 200 is used in upgrades, then the next day people who have a manual map and farm - (cause at some point we all need to depending on fame levels, stats how close you are to upgrade) then the 200 will be replaced for people to plunder, so my point is that with no farming (as the map is said to change each week) the 200 will not get replaced and the gold will run out.

hope this is a little clearer, now you are all free to point out something reall obvious that i have missed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:47 pm 

smiller wrote:
what i mean is for example to keep it simple

if the game has a daily average of 1000 gold which is divided up by all the players. at the end of the day 200 is used in upgrades, then the next day people who have a manual map and farm - (cause at some point we all need to depending on fame levels, stats how close you are to upgrade) then the 200 will be replaced for people to plunder, so my point is that with no farming (as the map is said to change each week) the 200 will not get replaced and the gold will run out.

hope this is a little clearer, now you are all free to point out something reall obvious that i have missed

There's no need to post the same thing in different parts of the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:34 pm 

I dont ever think the gold will run out. Not to worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:21 pm 

I like the changes. It made my year to hit Fox for 35000. Even if it was only a small percentage of what he has taken from me.

I think if you add a turing number randomly in the game to stop scripts then you will not have to change the map as often. I personally don't map but if people want to do it manually with the understanding that the map could change then I would think that would be fine. And then only change the map once a month or quarter.

THe last week I have used my last 60 moves in dingy mode to search islands for resets and have been very successful. So I don't have a problem in that area.

I like the shallow water idea for newbies.

Could someone explain or tell me where it is at in the forums, of how the new combat stuff works. I have been on a 7000 mile road trip (Seattle to Virigina Beach and back) and only logged in to play if I had the time and have not kept up with the forum messages.

Great job admin thanks for a great game that only gets me ranting and raving from time to time.

P.S. Mega have you quit yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:50 pm 

One more thing. I have seen the number thrown around about admin having to bring the game to 5000 players. I know the home page says 5880 or so. BUT REEEEALLY. How many are active. There is about 50 players that are blue to me. One out of 100 greenies have any gold on them and when I fish I see maybe another 50 greenies moving around. THAT is a lot less than 5000.

SO for those of you that think admin is making bank with the loot. Just look at the real numbers. They ain't making no money at this game.

P.S. Don't limit the cashouts. I am shooting for that $5000 cashout .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:07 pm 

It would be nice to have a $5000 cashout. In response to the active members. it's about 300-400 active out of all the members we have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next