Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do you Agree?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Could care less 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: I HATE to do this but.......
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:34 am 

Everyone knows that I have been here since day one of this game...Shevlock and I go back to WW days as he was a member in my allaince...So I really hate doing this....BUT

Seems now this game has gone to SH*T....I mean making changes and not telling anyone about them til they are questioned....

Trying to level the playing feild by reducing amount of moves found from max 20 to max 12....How can a pirate survive when their next USEFULL upgrade is 500k+....I mean i can not build enough moves now to do a green run of pirates due to all these damn storms....

Popcan said he played yesterday for 9 hours and only made 430k....who has that amount of time an dhow he made that is beyond me as I played for half that time and only made 100k....

The admins always give the answer "We are doing what is best for the game".......seems more like what will be best for our wallets.....Reducing moves means pirates end with more fame therefore either buying moves to try and reduce fame or buying a fame reset....

Some of us have worked to hard for this SH*T to happen and it really reminds me of another game....NOW don't get me wrong the admins here have been great to us and I am not debating that fact....

Shevlock and Repus have a great thing going here and they know it....lets fork out everything to the pirates at first, build our base so people trust us....then change everything in our favour......This is what seems to be happening...

JUST LIKE WEALTHWARS......
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:55 am 

I understand your frustration with changes to the game without warning, but I also understand that sites like this cannot make money by banner ads and click ads. They have the same core group of players. To make money on ads you new unique clicks from new players, and I mean ALOT, 10's of thousands of new players and unique clicks.

I have felt the changes to the game as well. It is very hard to collect gold since the changes. Programmers like to use random number generators to make the game intresting, but no computer based random number generator produces perfect random numbers, the storm rate is way up regardless of not changing the percentage. I run out of moves in less than 2 hours of play, when I use to play for hours and never run out of moves. I know the reduction of the max moves has added to the affect of less moves, but the storms, I have had streaks of 2-5 storms in a row. Even if I don't jump from island to island.

The overall feel of the game has changed. I don't think the adding of prizes is going to help much. It is not money well spent in improving the 'fun' of the game.

You cannot make the playing field level, you have to level the playing field, meaning players that are at the top, way above anyone else have to give up the power and come down to the rest of us and play on the same field. Also you you whould have to put a cap on the cashout. This would allow the money to be spread amoung more players or to stay in the game.

I know the most important aspect of the game is for the game to make money for itself and its creators and host. Playing a 'free' game should have some limits. If players want to pay on a monthly basis for the ability to acheive higher goals then there should be levels of the game based just as much on the players ability and how much they put into the game.

I don't think at its current stat this game is self sustaining and will eventually fail. The 'other' game was truely a scam, some got paid, which helped bring more players to the game, but in the end, the game died because of the same types of greed from the players and well as the owner of the game.

PTW has the potential to be a great and fun game that can be around for along time. It has shown great response to and by its players, it has shown a quick and understanding set of admins. But there is space for improvment all around.

Timely updates is just one step in the right direction. We as players don't like the rules changing without some advance notice. We may not be able to change the rules, but we would like to know the rules are going to change before it happens.

I play this game for entertainment, for the interaction between other players, I put more money into the game than I will ever get out of the game.

/end-rant

+addendum

I mean no disrespect to the developers or the admins of this game. You are doing a great job. I have been thinking about hard difficult producting and maintaining a game like this could be. The fact that you share 50% the profits is more than I expected.

I will continue to play and contribute to the game any way that I can. I enjoy this game and the people that I have met while playing this game.

/end-addendum

See you on the open seas!

Last edited by rawzed on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:39 pm 

You are right. We should have informed all of you before making that change, but we cannot go back in time now. We screwed up by not doing so, and it was a lesson learned. I would suggest before you go comparing us to WW, you should maybe let us know that things are not right rather than saying we are trying to get rich off of you.

As far as what fearthefox said about making these changes to help our wallets. I really resent that statement considering both shelvock and I are not taking home any pay from this game until our members are happy and the game is back on track. Being down for 5 months didn’t do anything positive for this game. I think we are being more than fair giving 50% of our earning back to the members considering we split the other 50% between 3 people. This game does not make any of the admin that much money. We all have our own regular 9 to 5 jobs and that is what we depend on. I really wish that you would understand this game is for you, not us.

Bottom Line: We are not trying to scam your money away from you. If you have suggestions on leveling the playing field and fixing the storm problem, then please let us know instead of calling us money whores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:03 pm 

:shock: Fearthefox just sorta tapped into my mind and posted EXACTLY what was on my mind. :shock:

My suggestion - change everything you changed in the last to days (i'm not a big fan of the radar, but that can stay). If the only thing you changed was the moves from 20 to 12, change it back!!!

If you guys truly want to prove this game is for us, not you, then you should ASK the community what they would think of changing the radar, the number of moves, etc.

--Well I see my opinion doesn't really matter as it seems like it's not going to do anything--

Last edited by KingDragun on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:09 pm 

The only people bitching about the new changes are the ones out there farming the gold from islands with the map. The changes we have made actually benifit more players than not. We will discuss your concerns and as always, do what we think is best for PTW.

You all must have forgot how many people were complaining cuz they never had a chance to make cash-out becuase the top players that are mapping have a huge advantage over everyone else. I don't see the changes as a bad thing, only for those that were not actually playing the game, just harvesting gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:13 pm 

If the big deal was this 20 moves to 12 moves thing I guess we could put it back. I'm not going to back down on changing the map. I know for a fact people are using auto player scripts and just letting it run to get gold and farming etc. Just so you know in advance we're going to be adding a script that will make you enter in text just like other sites to prevent people from using automated bots. If this kills your auto script...good. If you want to complain about not being able to use your auto script...good. It's not going to do any good. We didn't make this game to give people that could program auto scripts and map for hours while they're away the advantage. We made it so people could play something fun and have a chance to make money while they're at it.

So to make everything clear here's what you can expect. We'll change back the moves from 12 to 20. We're going to implement something that will come up randomly as you play that you have to enter in whatever the text is to continue playing. This will stop the auto players. We will be changing the map once a week to reduce harvesting. If this will affect you and your strategy I suggest you come up with a new strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:20 pm 

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:22 pm 

Finally some appreciation. You're welcome Nes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:23 pm 

No Problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:26 pm 

shelvock wrote:
So to make everything clear here's what you can expect. We'll change back the moves from 12 to 20. We're going to implement something that will come up randomly as you play that you have to enter in whatever the text is to continue playing. This will stop the auto players. We will be changing the map once a week to reduce harvesting. If this will affect you and your strategy I suggest you come up with a new strategy.

THIS SOUNDS GREAT!

By the way you sould post this in the updates section for all to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:28 pm 

Oh and just so you know, not that it's anyone's business, but I've been paid $1500 total since the game started. I have not paid myself so we could have bigger cashout pots. So let's see $1500 since December 1st. Let's do the math here:

$1500 over 8 months= $6.25 a day.

Oh and by the way the last time I was paid for this game was February. Yeah I'm totally rolling in dough :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:31 pm 

I wouldnt say that we have played for 8 months. We did miss a few because of the attacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:31 pm 

if you get rid of fire fox you will get rid of the bots....

by getting rid of the mappers you will lose some of the income from your ads and page views.....

I am also thanking you for putting back the 20 moves

I also love this game.....

Keep up the good work!

CLICK HERE for the Most Offensive T-Shirts EVER!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:32 pm 

well, i had originally posted something, but once i read the other posts, i decided to edit mine...

i'm not opposed to changing the map...it's a good idea, auto-mapping IS cheating, and i, personally, HATE cheaters...and if cheaters have a huge map from automapping, well, that's just wrong...but the text entering should put a stop to that once the map is changed...

on the other hand...when upgrades cost so much, how is one supposed to upgrade when the map changes once a week and any sort of manual mapping is futile??

i like mapping...it does take a long time, and my small map DID take hours...but without it, i would not have found my last few fame resets, which i could not afford to purchase, and should not have to, since this IS a free game...i spend 300 moves the other day, without the aid of my map, sailing around randomly trying to find a reset, with no such luck...my ship is plundered EVERYDAY by every top/mid level player in the game, and now i'm supposed to blindly sail around HOPING to find a fame reset, HOPING to find an island, before they find me...

mapping shouldn't be illegal...automapping should...once a week map changing seems a little extreme...not to sound overdramatic, but all my hopes of upgrading have just flown out the window...especially now that finding a reset even WITH a map is a rare occasion...

playing day after day and not being able to upgrade will get REALLY old...and people will quit...that is why a LOT of people left the other site (among other things)....

Last edited by cutiewithabooty on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:35 pm 

Nes wrote:
I wouldnt say that we have played for 8 months. We did miss a few because of the attacks.

Just because the game wasn't up didn't mean we stopped working. We switched server after server, paid cancellation fee after cancellation fee. The majority doesn't appreciate what we do to give people an honest game. Oh well.