Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you Agree?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Could care less 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:24 pm 

Quote:
lets break out the barrel of rum and we all can get drunk

after today maybe we will need 2 barrels lol

hehe, now there is an idea! :twisted:

We'll get it figured out and stop the bots soon. The radar is still a bit buggy every now and then. I don't think it was optimized for people with low radar, and that is why the x appears in the corners or in random places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:30 pm 

*chime*
ONE of the ways i know some are scripting is by using a firefox extension to automatically change the source code of the page after it has loaded...
it would be easy to single out suspected cheaters and randomly include some javascript to save their source code to a db for further investigation

That would keep the greasemonkey'ers on their toes anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:00 pm 

Just so everyone is aware of this fact... I myself have suggested capping payouts a long time before popcan suggested it here.....

I am not trying to make admins sound like cheats I just wanted to create the stormy seas we have now.....

I love stirring the pot....anyone notice that we are haveing good discussion about how to fix the game.....

This was my intent of this thread....trying to get more people involved....Shevlock has known me in the past for stirring the pot so this should come to no surprise to him....

If you do not believe this was my intention well thats up to you....but look in one day we are to 4 pages of replies....

I LOVE STIRRING THE POT...LOL

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:11 pm 

At least we are making some progress with constructive criticism. Popcan suggested some good ideas as well as others. As always we will do our best to make this the best game out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:18 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

KingDragun wrote:
popcan wrote:
i have put in my playing time to get where i am at now so quit being a punk and keep your sarcasm to yourself as the adults are having a conversation !!

I don't care how old you are poppy, i'll interupt the "adults conversations" whenever I want. :twisted:

you can interupt all you want, but dont come out with accusations out of nowhere... no one is calling you a cheater for playing the game, so why jump out and call someone else a cheater that just plays the game better than all of us... sure someone moving 24/7 would be cheating... but only person i can remember ever moving 24/7 is Wolfie, who never advanced, and only got 1 gold from attacks.. so i think it was just a script that moved to show it worked... nothing ever happend from it...

now are there these auto-move scripts out there? sure there are... but unless we have confessions or behind the back type of deals where players tell each other then get ratted out, its gonna be tough... but i think the ptw team will do everything they can to do it, as they always do, available almost 24 hrs a day.. and if they arent, they fix what went wrong to the time you had your problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:27 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Wow... Long, drawn out, tempers flaring... Fox, you really know how to throw a wrench.

Now, where to begin. First, thanks shelvock and repus for a great game. From the work I have been doing in another game while this one was down, I know that it can be a very thankless job, and while it has taken some time, you guys have done some outstanding work.

Moves. I know several months ago I stated that we needed to do something about moves, cause by the crude math I was using it showed me that for every 100 moves I made, that I earned an average of 155 moves. I suggested halving the % to find moves so that it would fall under the law of diminishing returns. Leave it at 20 for the max, but make them harder to find, or drop them to 16 or even 14 if you leave the % where it is at now. The game was not designed to be played 8-14 hours a day without running out of moves, and most of the people who do spend that much time 'farming' as we have named it, are the ones complaining the loudest. I am all for the strategy, lets take the farming out of the game.

Newbies. I really like the idea put forth about the shallow waters for new players. I had a feeling that once the sinking ships came into play that the active players would get hammered. I hope that something along these lines will be able to be added whenever you guys have the time to get it figured out how to do so.

Maps. I am one of the mappers, and I know that I will be hurt if the map changes, but if that is how it needs to be, I can adapt. I like a challenge, and will see what I can do with this one.

Money. Fox, fox, fox. You really hurt a lot of good people with that comment. I think first and foremost you should apologize, especially if your comments were 'only to stir the pot'. Having a background in programming, I know that I only have an inkling what these guys have done to make this all work out for us. I know the basics, but combining it all together would be beyond my capabilities. I commend the people who have done so much work for us, this is a great game to play, and we have the chance to earn some spending cash at the same time.

Changes. While it would have been nice to know what the changes were going to be, it seems rather obvious from the comments made, that it was an oversight.

Radar. I have heard a lot of complaints about the radar. Considering what it looked like before, I think it is a vast improvement. This is one of the changes that people have been howling for for months, and now that it is here, they are howling cause they don't like it. Well, gee, it takes too long for the page to reload, if I am chasing someone they will get away. What if YOU are the person being chased? Now you have the advantage cause it is a little slow. Yes, Yes, I know, you want to be the chaser, not the chased. There are pros and cons to this, they did the best with what they had and are now making it better.

Repus, Shelvock, Jan, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:31 pm 

Wow, I go away on vacation for a few days and all sorts of stuff happens. So I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I always have spent a lot of time island hopping, and they have always given out way more moves than you could possibly use if you just stick to the islands. Now I just got back and haven't played enough to get any evidence of how the moves given out have changed, but I would certainly agree that way too many moves were being given out before, and the moves were generally useless, you just kept accumulating them and never ran out.

I also tended to not attack people too much, but mostly stuck with "farming" the islands. This is not necessarily because it made the most gold, a few hits on the right people could theoretically make much more, but I never really liked going around just attacking random people hoping for a big hit. Money-wise, the best way to make gold for the fewest moves is probably fishing, which won't really be affected by the moves change a whole lot and will be helped a whole lot when the inactives start disappearing. It's not that that's a bad thing necessarily, moving gold around instead of generating new gold is probably better for the game as a whole, but it may start to discourage players if they get attacked a lot more when they're moving, and I've never really been the agressive type, I just sit in the background and collect gold while bothering as few people as possible.

As for bots, there should definately be something done about that. A captcha at some spots should do it. Maybe you could come up with a system where it would come up in a popup window or something, but still let you do stuff in the game for a minute or so afterwards before completely blocking actions so if you are in the middle of a chase or something time-sensitive you can continue playing long enough to get away before taking a short break to enter the code.

I would also agree that it might not be a bad idea to limit cashout amounts. I know last month I cashed out $80 worth of gold, but was still quite a ways away from the next upgrade. As more people get into the higher upgrades they aren't going to have any choice except to save up a lot of gold, and when you get to the end of the month with that much gold anyway, the cash generally seems more valuable than the half an upgrade that could disappear at any time with a lucky hit.

Post subject: moves
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:06 am 

I think maybe take away some moves but leave the storms the same, I only worry that when I need a 200K upgrade that without a little mapping for some gold and fame resets that sunday will roll around and all the big boys will be able to hit me again and take the gold before I can upgrade ??

I know I sure have been getting more storms than moves last 2 days!!!!

good luck trying to make everyone happy!!!!

If you change the map every week then maybe leave the moves and storms like they were ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:11 am 
Bros Before Hoes

mskwik wrote:
As for bots, there should definately be something done about that. A captcha at some spots should do it. Maybe you could come up with a system where it would come up in a popup window or something, but still let you do stuff in the game for a minute or so afterwards before completely blocking actions so if you are in the middle of a chase or something time-sensitive you can continue playing long enough to get away before taking a short break to enter the code.

i love that idea... it gets rid of bots, but wont screw people over while in the middle of a big chase or run... and possibly have it pop up to all active members at the same time.. not however long they've been on.. that way the chaser and chasee are both troubled at the same time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:29 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I don't like the idea of a popup exactly, but having part of the unused game window say something like "You have 3 minutes to authenticate yourself or else you will be disconnected" would solve the problem as well as satisfy the chasher and the chasee. When you click on it it brings up the authentication window--popup or otherwise--and you proceed about your plundering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:33 am 

If we do something about bots, it will be similar to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:34 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:05 am 

Ok, just to make it clear... we have uppped the max moves found to 16 and met you in the middle. We will be scrammbling the map as well, but we have not decided yes as to how often it will take place.

Post subject: Stir the map
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:38 pm 

:wink: I think the best solution is to stir the map once a week or at least once every two weeks. That will solve the farming problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:40 am 

am i the only one who didnt know others were using these autobots? i would have thought this could be detected in some way like WW. i mean i remember in another thread a certain person stated they had 1300 or 13000 moves... i cant remember which but i believe it was 13000 .(cant find thread anymore, must have been deleted) i mean how is that possible without cheating.

ive personally quit the game for a while because of fustration (not being able to upgrade for weeks... and im not even that strong) but then ever since the new features were added ive started again. but i find it even harder to plunder any gold now. i mean ive gone through 600 moves and finding only 2000.

this is just my rant. i think the game and admin are great and always try to help us out. some of the new additions and upgrades maybe weary to some but its all in the process of making the game bigger and challenging. you cant hate admin if they are trying to make a dime or two even though they arent. they should be paid for thier hard work in creating the site and paying for all the expenses it takes to run this site. why else would they create this game for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next