Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good-Bye
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:43 pm 

I just wanted to thank Repus,Shelvock for giving me the opportunity to have some fun. I no longer find the game appealing since I have been on the leaderboard. I am surrounded daily by the same crew who hit me. I spend every minute putting in hard work to find that one hit destroys all my efforts and then again another day with no up-grade.
I have purchased, I know at least $400.00 in resets and moves. Also the moves that I had purchased did not roll over. I think that is wrong if you are paying out of pocket. I've only been with your game approx. 1 month or a little more. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind making those purchases, but you would think that there would be a little more protection for the newbies.
What about 0 fame =0%
100 fame 25% something to that nature. I feel that the game is not balanced. And I want to know if the big players that played the beta version, Did they get to keep their stats from that? It just makes me think.
If the game was balanced, why so many dead ships?
So thank you again for the fun I had while I played.

sal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:11 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Anyone who was in the beta did not get to keep their stats from it. Everyone started at ground level when the game went live.

I feel like there are a lot of dead ships because people register, play a few moves, and then leave, thus leaving a dead ship. There is no test-run that you can play before registering, or screenshots or anything, so to even see what it's like you have to create a ship.

This, of course, is not the only reason why pirates decide to leave. Currently this game has a very odd learning curve. New players are thrown into the fire with hardly any idea of what they are supposed to do, and a lot of them get burned. Once you figure out a good plan you can be very successful.

A lot of people left when the game went down from the Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. Some very strong pirates are now dead ships because they never returned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:40 pm 

O.K. that part is explained but what about the other players who stalk me and follow me as I had seen today all much bigger than I? Five hit me in a row. There goes all my efforts 4 days in a row. I know it is part of the game but that is nonsense. I understand that you can only hit me 3 x's a week but then the others take over as if ya'll were calling or live chatting and giving out my coords to see it happen this way.. :lol: Yes I am disgusted. I think that the leaderboard was a bad idea because the ppl. on it, of course are singled out. So it does not give me any justice to try and win something especially when I am pulling out of pocket to stay afloat. It doesn't matter to me to spend if I feel that the game was balanced, but somehow I feel that it isn't. So unless there is something that I am missing please explain it to me. I appreciate your input. BTW GOOD LUCK ! (on overall leaderboard.)

Sal

Post subject: Please don't go!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:51 pm 
Hey, remember when you gave me encouragement on, um, another game? Well it is my turn to return the favor.

1) Perhaps something could be done about the leaderboards. You know, like eliminate them.

2) Sal, keep that fame low! I know that it slows down the speed at which you can get gold, but why do that when all you are doing is giving it away? Do some farming, wait for a fame reset, and then do some more farming.

3) Mods, Sal had a good idea. Maybe lower the amount stolen for lower fame levels. For instance, 0 Fame=1/2%, 1 Fame=1%, etc. There's still plenty to go around, but it helps the newbies.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:27 pm 

Well i would just like to say who the hell would pay 400$ on an online game? I can see buying some moves or a reset here and there but 400$ in a month? Seriously u just spent that and didn't even get to see some HOOTERS!~ I would of spent that at a strip joint for ya and had alot better of a time. YA know just cause your #1 or #2 on the leaderboard isn't going to win ya $400 so why spend that much. It will problay get ya a $10 tshirt? So what is the point? Its your own fault!!!!!!!! So in that i won't miss ya but i am sure ADMIN will because they made money off of you!

Post subject: Re: Please don't go!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:28 pm 
Spasm Master

Anonymous wrote:
Hey, remember when you gave me encouragement on, um, another game? Well it is my turn to return the favor.

1) Perhaps something could be done about the leaderboards. You know, like eliminate them.

2) Sal, keep that fame low! I know that it slows down the speed at which you can get gold, but why do that when all you are doing is giving it away? Do some farming, wait for a fame reset, and then do some more farming.

3) Mods, Sal had a good idea. Maybe lower the amount stolen for lower fame levels. For instance, 0 Fame=1/2%, 1 Fame=1%, etc. There's still plenty to go around, but it helps the newbies.

Mike

first off, you forgot to login :wink: lol

as for making fame less costly, it'll only give bigger players more of an incentive to attack more ships, most likely the newer players - in return, you may not lose as much per hit, but you'll surely get hit more - i don't think it would help you at all.

As for eliminating the leaderboards, they only update at resets now, and as you are blue even on my radar already, I dont think it has anything to do with you being hit anymore - just keep up being first and grab that prize!

CaptainSpaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:03 pm 

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no are you serious greedy girl?well well i try to tell them is not fair {balance} you call it.everything goes to the big players all your cash so that why i'm not putting back no money in before i get something for return.but you $400 hehehehe lmao babe keep in touch huh?now i got no more friend in here :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:32 pm 

twalk1 wrote:
Well i would just like to say who the hell would pay 400$ on an online game? I can see buying some moves or a reset here and there but 400$ in a month? Seriously u just spent that and didn't even get to see some HOOTERS!~ I would of spent that at a strip joint for ya and had alot better of a time. YA know just cause your #1 or #2 on the leaderboard isn't going to win ya $400 so why spend that much. It will problay get ya a $10 tshirt? So what is the point? Its your own fault!!!!!!!! So in that i won't miss ya but i am sure ADMIN will because they made money off of you!

Like I said before it doesn't matter to me about what I spend. Money is no object to me. Who cares what the prize is. I am a very competitive person. Sports,games whatever it may be. As for HOOTERS, all I have to do is look down and I don't have to pay to look at them. :wink: And because I am competitive, That makes it my fault? I put more than 100% into whatever I come upon in life. I won't miss you either. If I decide to come back to the seas, You'll be my objective. So, Thank you for your input as well. Have a great time playing the game.

Last edited by Capt_Greedy_Others on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:34 pm 

I agree that the leaderboard might have gotten you "tagged" by the bigger players, but that doesn't happen from the leaderboard alone. They are very watchful and keep track of LOTS of things. It's hard to get away with anything without someone noticing. When they notice, you can damn well bet that it won't be long before their friends pay you a visit too.

Sometimes, though, it's just a coincidence. If you're moving at a busy time, you're bound to get hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:30 pm 

Alright as I have some experience with playing games of this type I'll give you some advice. There are certain things that can give you an advantage and make it to cashout. Leaderboards are a good thing because they give people that can't make cashout a chance at making cash. No you won't get a tshirt for a prize. We're not that lame. Being on the leaderboard doesn't make someone get more gold from you. It's your fame that causes people to get your gold. So here's some tips for the new people or anyone that wants to increase their stats.

1. Find a time where the other players play the least. You have to play at certain times. A big mistake players make is playing right at the reset times. It's better to play after maybe a few hours. You can even try and find out where the bigger players are from and check timezones from that. Alot of the advanced players play before the first reset. Obviously if a player has a high ship movement and high radar they can really get you at most times, but not always. This leads me to number 2.

2. If I were you I would increase my radar and ship. This way you can see the most amount of pirates and move the most with lease amount of moves. I would combine this with mapping and searching islands. This will keep your fame low and as soon as you can get around and see a good portion you can start attacking.

3. Find other beginning players and try to form an alliance. There's nothing wrong with players helping out other players. As you may notice there's already "fleets" in the game even though there are no stat boosters that come with being in a fleet. You can at least find other ships that are holding a good amount of gold.

4. If you need to purchase something a fame reset would be the best. Set up an attacking path that you're going to follow and move as quick as you can. I know alot of the players are using scripts to do attack,move, search in under a second. Yes I know it may not seem fair, but certain things we are doing should help eliminate these scripts. By getting your moves over quickly you can purchase a reset if you'd like and you may end up with a good amount of gold.

5. Apparently keeping your observation low helps keep you away from the bigger players so if you're just going to attack without regard, it's best to keep a low observation.

I'll add more to this later and make it a sticky. Following these tips should really help you succeed in this game. I know if I just started this game I could easily catch up to big players without spending money. I've done it before in other games and you can too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:55 pm 

I thank ya'll for your advice. I will take some time to think things over. Sometimes my temper over rides my judgement. I can't help that, I'm of that female species. :wink:

Thank you again,

Sal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:21 am 
Bros Before Hoes

Capt_Greedy_Others wrote:
I thank ya'll for your advice. I will take some time to think things over. Sometimes my temper over rides my judgement. I can't help that, I'm of that female species. :wink:

Thank you again,

Sal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

finally a female admits it :D hope to see ya back hun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:36 am 

I've grown into a much bigger target lately as well, though there are numerous reasons as to why (leaderboards, moderate fame, forum presence, decent navigation, moving alot).

There are some players that like to stalk I've noticed, and there are others that are clearly working in teams/fleets. The latter is somewhat regrettable, as I think it scares even more people away when they get nailed twice within seconds. As mentioned elsewhere, ptrdanno and ratpatrol are the biggest "offenders" there.

I just shrug it off when I lose gold. I could care less really how much I keep and how much I give away as long as I'm still keeping over 90%. Today I only managed 70% but I should come out ok for the week. For now, I'm just a savings and loan as far as attacks go, taking 10k from this person and giving 3k to these 3 people.

I simply play for the fun of it whenever I can, though sadly I may not be able to much longer with work starting back up and a budding relationship. Granted, I don't have the money invested into the game you have, so I can see where that may affect things a bit.

I hope you decide to stay, and best of luck in the open seas =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:16 am 

I decided to stay and play because overall I will become a winner! I do love to play this game. I find it to be my stress reliever from work. I put in 112 hrs. a week at work and deal with alot of a$$holes on a daily routine.(mainly my bosses) I am lucky to get any sleep and this week has been a very bad one. So, I apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused But, I have learned also from ya'll's advice what I can do.
To those that have spoken to me in the forum and have pm'ed me, You know who you are, Thanks again for the support.
Also, My stupid computer never lets me focus on the radar. Let me explain: I make a move and my radar shows no one is there but if I refresh it three times, TOO LATE already been hit. I don't even have a chance to run. I believe it is the dial-up that is causing that but that is going to change very soon.

Salli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:56 am 

What browser are you using? If it is an old one it might not be able to handle the CSS...