Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:40 am 

I didn't have that problem per se, but dialup definitely puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to running. I'm back at home now, and I was amazed at the difference in load times now that I'm on dsl again despite the fact the website isn't graphics intensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:53 am 

I am using Explorer.It rots.

Post subject: Re: Please don't go!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:54 pm 

Sorry, this was me. I hate when I forget to sign in. Sal, feel free to PM if you need to vent.

Mike

Anonymous wrote:
Hey, remember when you gave me encouragement on, um, another game? Well it is my turn to return the favor.

1) Perhaps something could be done about the leaderboards. You know, like eliminate them.

2) Sal, keep that fame low! I know that it slows down the speed at which you can get gold, but why do that when all you are doing is giving it away? Do some farming, wait for a fame reset, and then do some more farming.

3) Mods, Sal had a good idea. Maybe lower the amount stolen for lower fame levels. For instance, 0 Fame=1/2%, 1 Fame=1%, etc. There's still plenty to go around, but it helps the newbies.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:20 pm 

Well sad to see you leave there Capt_Greedy_Others. I know how this game can get to you. There are ways around it. But it is abit time consuming. Like for eg. (someone may have already said this) but you can search mountains for the first 3 days keeping your fame 5 and below. That way people should have attacked you 3 times already. And moving around just searching mountains draws people into attacking you thinking you have fame. When in-fact you dont. And thats kind of a waste of attack. So yeh if you keep doing that you'll be free to roam about going on attacking sprees towards the end of the week. And i usually attack at least someone while island hopping because when your island hopping your bound to get a fame reset. So yeh thats just another lil advice. And hope this helps other players too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:40 pm 

[quote="OnyxTower"]Well sad to see you leave there Capt_Greedy_Others. I know how this game can get to you. There are ways around it. But it is abit time consuming. Like for eg. (someone may have already said this) you can search mountains

I'm going to stay. I was having a very stressful female moment. (HOT FLASHES!!) :lol:
Search the Mountains? In the Seas? :shock: :lol:
Seriously, I understand what you are saying about my playing dead for awhile finding gold and moves, keeping my fame low. I really do appreciate your thoughts and kindness. Thanks for making me laugh.(mountains)

Salli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:01 am 

Capt_Greedy_Others wrote:
OnyxTower wrote:
Well sad to see you leave there Capt_Greedy_Others. I know how this game can get to you. There are ways around it. But it is abit time consuming. Like for eg. (someone may have already said this) you can search mountains

I'm going to stay. I was having a very stressful female moment. (HOT FLASHES!!) :lol:
Search the Mountains? In the Seas? :shock: :lol:
Seriously, I understand what you are saying about my playing dead for awhile finding gold and moves, keeping my fame low. I really do appreciate your thoughts and kindness. Thanks for making me laugh.(mountains)

Salli

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHa......... yeh my bad. Replace mountains with islands. Geezzz.. in my sub-conscious mind in still with another game even though i left that other game like about 6months ago. Well glad to put a smile to ya. And the hot flashes bit cracked me up :lol: :lol: .

Wanna hear a joke? this kinda made me laugh. And no offence to michael but this is really funny.
Why was there a problem with Michael Jackson sleeping with a 28 year old?
Cause they were 20 8 year olds.

Once again no offence to Michael i love his music and all and i think he's innocent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:26 pm 
twalk1 wrote:
Well i would just like to say who the hell would pay 400$ on an online game? I can see buying some moves or a reset here and there but 400$ in a month? Seriously u just spent that and didn't even get to see some HOOTERS!~ I would of spent that at a strip joint for ya and had alot better of a time. YA know just cause your #1 or #2 on the leaderboard isn't going to win ya $400 so why spend that much. It will problay get ya a $10 tshirt? So what is the point? Its your own fault!!!!!!!! So in that i won't miss ya but i am sure ADMIN will because they made money off of you!

Like I said before it doesn't matter to me about what I spend. Money is no object to me. Who cares what the prize is. I am a very competitive person. Sports,games whatever it may be. As for HOOTERS, all I have to do is look down and I don't have to pay to look at them. :wink: And because I am competitive, That makes it my fault? I put more than 100% into whatever I come upon in life. I won't miss you either. If I decide to come back to the seas, You'll be my objective. So, Thank you for your input as well. Have a great time playing the game.

can you say perfectionest? and i dont care if moneys an object or not, no1 in there right mind would spend $400 on 1 game in 1 month unless maybe they dont give a **** if they spend 2 whole pay checks in 1 month. dont get mad, i'm just giveing my oppion. like my x says, "dont get mad get glad".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:36 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
twalk1 wrote:
Well i would just like to say who the hell would pay 400$ on an online game? I can see buying some moves or a reset here and there but 400$ in a month? Seriously u just spent that and didn't even get to see some HOOTERS!~ I would of spent that at a strip joint for ya and had alot better of a time. YA know just cause your #1 or #2 on the leaderboard isn't going to win ya $400 so why spend that much. It will problay get ya a $10 tshirt? So what is the point? Its your own fault!!!!!!!! So in that i won't miss ya but i am sure ADMIN will because they made money off of you!

Like I said before it doesn't matter to me about what I spend. Money is no object to me. Who cares what the prize is. I am a very competitive person. Sports,games whatever it may be. As for HOOTERS, all I have to do is look down and I don't have to pay to look at them. :wink: And because I am competitive, That makes it my fault? I put more than 100% into whatever I come upon in life. I won't miss you either. If I decide to come back to the seas, You'll be my objective. So, Thank you for your input as well. Have a great time playing the game.

can you say perfectionest? and i dont care if moneys an object or not, no1 in there right mind would spend $400 on 1 game in 1 month unless maybe they dont give a **** if they spend 2 whole pay checks in 1 month. dont get mad, i'm just giveing my oppion. like my x says, "dont get mad get glad".

Show yourself geek! It's my business whatever I choose to spend. I never said I was in my right mind. 400.00 is nothing to me. I make that times 3 in one week. So I don't know what you are talking about in a 1/2 months earnings. Just get over it like I did. Have a great day and have fun playing the game!!!!
:wink:
Sal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:40 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

I have a game that I play that I spent $2100 in a 3-4 month period on. Unlike here, I do not have the chance to cashout anything, I was out to make a point and since I am currently the #1 player there, I think I have. It seems obvious that Capt and I are not strapped for cash and are able to indulge in things like this. Unlike many people I know, I do not go out and spend $60 on friday night to become so drunk I am in danger of getting a DUI on the way home, I also have no care about fashion, jeans and a t-shirt work for 95% of what I do, so that is another expense I don't have to worry about. I spent over $1000 to go to Florida in Feb for the Daytona 500 and I am sure a lot of people would feel that to be a waste of money. Can you examine your life and say that you have never spent money on something that others thought was foolish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:44 pm 

Thank you Bcp. You said it all. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:46 pm 
Beware of Kitty

Oh NASCAR I would spend money on that, in fact I have several times and it is not a waste of money. Oh and btw bcp I like the car I had a 1992 Trans AM GTA but I got rid of it, big mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:51 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Cherimike29 wrote:
Oh NASCAR I would spend money on that, in fact I have several times and it is not a waste of money. Oh and btw bcp I like the car I had a 1992 Trans AM GTA but I got rid of it, big mistake.

That was a nice car, shame you had to part with it. The one in the picture is my baby, 1985 Trans Am 5.0 H.O. with almost all the bells and whistles and still what you would consider stock. I also have a 1992 Camaro Z-28 5.7 automatic that has been built up a bit but am still fighting with the computer, since the rebuild now causes the knock sensor to go off and robs most of the new power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:03 pm 
Beware of Kitty

mine had a 5.7 in it, but with 4 kids and one in a wheelchair it had to go, but i regret it bad. I love camaro's I want a 1967. My husband has a 1972 El Camino sitting in the garage, hopefully some day he will get it up and running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:32 pm 
bcp19 wrote:
Can you examine your life and say that you have never spent money on something that others thought was foolish?

I can say that. :lol: i'm one of thos less fortunate people that has always had to struggle to make ends meet for one reason or another. Mostly the reasons have been health related, first my children, then my hubby and now myself.

I wish I had that money just to spend on meds needed and things needed just to survive each month. We are struggling to live on $700 a month so a minimum cashout for me would be like itting the lottery :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:34 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
bcp19 wrote:
Can you examine your life and say that you have never spent money on something that others thought was foolish?

I can say that. :lol: i'm one of thos less fortunate people that has always had to struggle to make ends meet for one reason or another. Mostly the reasons have been health related, first my children, then my hubby and now myself.

I wish I had that money just to spend on meds needed and things needed just to survive each month. We are struggling to live on $700 a month so a minimum cashout for me would be like itting the lottery :lol: :lol:

Dude...log in.