Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost PMs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:52 pm 

So I was up really late last night replying to PMs and the forums were going too slow to use. While waiting for the last message to be sent I thought maybe stopping it and clicking agian would help. It didn't so I gave up waiting and clicked outbox only to find I had sent the last message a few times even though it never said "message sent". I then marked the few copies and clicked "delete marked" and all looked fine. Then just before going to bed I had a final look in the outbook only to find all the messages gone which means I must have clicked "delete all" by mistake. Trust me that if you were up until 4 Am writing messages then found they were all gone, that you would not be happy. I would rather lose gold in the game than messages I have put heaps of thought into on the fourms. Not all the rants in this forum have to be about the game do they? Well I would say that was my 2 cents but it was more like 2 hours :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:59 pm 

Sad story....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:24 am 

Actually.. the messages you send on this board remain in the outbox until the recipient reads them. So my guess is that they were read by the people you sent them to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:08 am 

repustech wrote:
Actually.. the messages you send on this board remain in the outbox until the recipient reads them. So my guess is that they were read by the people you sent them to.

Not if you delete them from the outbox though which is what I meant I did by mistake. Went to delete the copies I made by mistake but deleted all the messages by mistake. Moral of the story is that making lots of mistakes wastes time and effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:04 pm 

Darkmyst9 wrote:
Moral of the story is that making lots of mistakes wastes time and effort.

Not sure, but I think that describes me and the game ;).