Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Tried To Be Reasonable!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:57 am 

Nobody has to read this, I'd kinda rather they didn't. I'm just desperate to bitch and grouse. Everyone else does, even people who cashout for $200 get to whine and moan about the game being unfair.

So now it's my turn.

I joined at the worst possible time. You wanna talk about unlucky and unfair? Try joining after the attack but before all the changes. So I never even got a shot to be on the new players leaderboard, let alone the overall rankings board, and yeah I know I'm on it for now, but fully expect to get the boot soon enough.

Not only did I not get to play while the site was down, I didn't realize when the site came back up because I figured the forum was just about a game I couldn't play cuz the site was down!

So I practically missed the entire first month of the game being back online, for others this is the 3rd month, for me it's more like the 2nd of it being back up.

People who actually joined after me but played longer are still considered new players at least according to the leaderboard rules. They're stronger than I am, cuz they got to upgrade for that long as well.

I read I should map, so I mapped, then I read they're gonna start changing the map all the time, so I stopped mapping, then I read they're not gonna do it anytime soon so I started, then I read they are, so I stopped. Criminy, what gives? Change it or don't, I'm just tired of being confused, and not wanting to waste my time on a map that could be obsolete in a week!

Now they're talking about roping off a seperate little wading pool so the greenies can splash and play and pirate and get stronger without fear of attack from someone bigger. MORE NEW PEOPLE WHO ARE STRONGER THAN ME!!!!

I scrimp and save for upgrades. Got hit plenty before even participating in the forum, so that whole, stay hidden in the forums thing is a load of hogwash. So yeah, scrimped and saved, but didn't matter, maybe will never matter.

The person who posted the referral link I used, said you can get money here but you have to work for it. No problem. I get here and it's a game, so I get to have some fun while "working" for it. Again, no problem.

But when folks who were here b4 the attack are ginormous, and folks who arrived after the attack, but also after the game was just relaunched, are stronger than me, and a whole buttload of greenies will be a whole lot stronger than me, after their roped off play area. Criminy-crapola, darn it all to heck! Not exactly pirate talk but I don't care!

I'm getting a middle-child complex! I can't be all alone! I just can't be! There's gotta be other people in the same damnable predicament. We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't, and maybe just maybe we'd be better off entering sweepstakes.

I didn't think I'd get rich. All I hoped was that over the course of a few to several months, I'd be able to save up enough money in $20 incriments less paypal fees to get myself a spinning wheel. Yeah, I'm that boring, I like to spin yarn and I want a wheel!

Tomorrow's a new day, and maybe I'll wake up on the right side of the bed. I'll pray to the gods for calm seas and an abundance of gold and resets. Won't pray I don't get attacked, that really would be wasting my time.

For now though, after reading other folks whining and complaining about how the new system just isn't fair, boo-hoo, I'm just, "woe is me" :( :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:38 am 

if it makes you feel any better (and i hope it does), being higher in stats isn't that great either...especially when you upgraded past people that have played longer so they couldn't bother you anymore, and the new change has "given" them the right/ability to attack you again...it's aggravating, to say the least, since for me the top players weren't the ones hitting me 3 times a week...it was the ones barely above me that were bothering me the most...so i upgraded to fend them off...then i upgraded to attack them back...now, they can attack me again, and i can SOMETIMES attack them...and they may not succeed 3 times a week, but the fact that they succeed AT ALL is killing me...there's one player (i won't name names) that attacked me 3 times a week for as long as i can remember...i upgraded enough to stop him...but for the last couple of weeks, while i was still upgrading, he kept trying just about everyday, failing every time...now with the change, he's succeeding again...

being in the middle (where i appear to be) is rough...people above and below you can attack you...being at the top sucks too, i assume, since now people below you can attack you and you fail on some of them...being at the bottom would be SWEET right now, since everyone can attack you, but with the new system, a bunch will fail, and there's plenty above you to try to succeed against...and when we started, we weren't afforded that luxury...i only have about 15-20 players (from what i saw in my logbook before the change) that are higher than me...i might succeed on 1 of them a day...hell, i finally succeeded against popcan yesterday for a whopping 76 gold pieces...woo-hoo, right?? i even laughed out loud, it was either that or throw my mouse against the wall...

i just wanted you to know you're not the only frustrated player...i know a few who are having trouble adapting...some days are better than others, some days just SUCK...thank god (or shevlock & repustech) for 0 fame...with all my new attackers, i've still only managed to lose about 7% of the total gold i've found/plundered...so keep your chin up...i was on the leaderboard for all of a week or so last month, but i dropped off cuz i decided piracy points weren't a priority, upgrading was...

i sincerely hope it gets better for you... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am 

Someone call the WWWWwwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhmbulance!

I'm in it too! Doing OK but taking MAJOR hits that grab half my gold.

So I drive my crew insane with my incredible grasp of the Vulgarian language and hurl epithets at those who drag my dingy down!

Very frustrating when I fail on a greenie but one hits me for an assload.

Frustrating too, yesterday, when I get a BIG hit on someone, over 2 grand, and they turn around and hit me BACK, with that ONE extra fame point for the hit on THEM, for MORE! Grrrrr......

Part of the game I know. OK, my hanky is soaked so I'm a done cryin'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:50 am 

LOUD NOISES!!! (sorry was watching anchor man and thought that was funny)

Hahaha.. well i got nothing to complain about. I was doing good before the change and doing even better after the change. Especially around the mark when you could take like 4-5% while they had 0 fame. That was a fun time. Well yeh... i really love the ship sinking feature cause after iv attacked everyone 3 times i start sinking ships. I think i've sunk like 23 now. So yeh thats my 2c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:18 am 

Yeah, I was never able to hit you before, Onyx, but I did today!

Got Tazomatic yesterday too!

Sunk me a lotta boats.

Can't complain too much! Still it's an enjoyable diversion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:19 am 

i bounce back and forth between loving it and hating it...would've hated it yesterday, since there were 9 successful attacks against me out of 19 (as opposed to 4 the day before out of the same amount), but hit someone i couldn't before for 130,000 or so...you just gotta adapt and overcome, i guess... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:29 pm 

MadMorganBonney wrote:
Yeah, I was never able to hit you before, Onyx, but I did today!

Got Tazomatic yesterday too!

Sunk me a lotta boats.

Can't complain too much! Still it's an enjoyable diversion!

Have i been a big target for you then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:42 pm 

Was doin' fine then the fox came back and jinxed me, yeah, that's gotta be it, can't be my lousy playin' it's gotta be the fox. He hits me one time and suddenly I can't hang on to my loot!

It's okay, think I'm back on track now :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:56 am 

See there? It's good to vent :) Managed to make cashout and shocked myself. Didn't have any idea how much to save so just hustled and farmed for what felt like forever. Yeah, I admit it, I attacked on occasion, but not much, that is to say I attacked way less than I was attacked.

Oh, I better pm some folks, so they don't think I'm dead.