Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: And let the whining begin lol
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:46 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

This is not really a whine from me, but if you want to take it that way, more power to you lol.

Total Gold 258729

During cash-out (10/31/2006) you did not meet the $20.00 minimum.
At cash-out 265151 gold pieces = $20.00

Last month they introduced the new attack system a couple of days early and since my calculations showed I would lose 50-66% of my gold I made an upgrade so I would not lose as much, but while I was adapting to the change another player *cough*fox*cough* whined so hard that all the gold plundered was returned to it's original owner and those of us who tried to adapt were left with our upgrades and therefore screwed out of cashout.

This month is mostly my fault cause I let my guard down and uncle got lucky on me, but while uncle makes claims of people not using 'bots' and multi's I have to disagree. I have watched several pirates either 1) steadily farm at a slow rate (8-20 seconds between moves) that if you anticipate and block their next move will sit there for about 2 minutes before continuing. I did this to one pirate 4 times in a row and was never attacked and they never moved to another area to farm like you would expect a person being messed with to do. I have 2 computers, my desktop and my laptop, I play the game on my desktop while consulting my map on my laptop, if someone blocks me, I pick another spot and keep going or move 30 spaces and start anew. There is also the pirate that has what I call a runaway script. It is completely automated and when you appear on his radar he jumps in a random direction to get away. Another one has what I can the tempting script, when you appear, they immediately move a couple of spaces to give the impression they are actively playing so you will be more likely to attack them while they have 0 fame. This was another easy one to mess with, cause I was farming when I saw this pirate's antics and attacked, I failed but was never attacked back while I continued to farm for a reset, but every move I made, even if I took 20 seconds to make that move, resulted in a corresponding move from that pirate. I think there has also been a lot of taking advantage of the 'attack bug' and hopefully admin is taking the time to sort through to catch the people who abused it. I watched the cashout jump almost 40k in the last 12 hours of game play. 40k means that 2 million gold was added into the system. Let's do a little math, 40k in 12 hours means 166,667 gold an hour, 2777 gold a min, 46 gold a second. Might not sound like a lot, but with the lag, it would take five to ten people at once hitting ONLY towns to average around 46 gold a second for 43200 seconds. 360-720 people would have to spend their entire 600 moves on towns alone to come up with this. And for those of you that are going to prattle on about sinking ships, don't bother... it would take 400 ships to sink to enable that. even if you went 200 ships sunk you'd need about 180 people to play. And the key thing to remember is that no one is likely to run around with very high fame hitting only towns and being lucky enough to escape detection and getting attacked for half their gold. I think that this will show that the attack bug was a problem and hopefully the admin will be able to fix the problem with minimal downtime.

To Jan, Repustech and Shelvock, I apologize if I sound like I am bashing you guys, for that was not my intent. I work on another online game and I know how hard it is to 1) find cheaters and 2) prove it. The previous site most of us came here from was on the other end of the spectrum, they were out to ban as many people as possible for anything that remotely appeared to be cheating. You guys have done a great job, most of the whining you hear from us is due to our addiction, not the result of a bad game on your part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:36 am 

good post bcp, I'm with you all the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:39 pm 

well it could be..... i guess i didnt look at it that way... but then again you could say the same things about how i would play

if i seen some of the bigger people on my screen i would jump a couple of spaces to see if you would attack( make it look like i was running) someone comes on my screen again move a couple more spaces
and if they did end up hitting me i offten wouldnt hit back (i felt that if they were following me they didnt care if i hit back cause they had little or no fame).. so wait for a better time

alot of times i seen people (that looked like they tried to block me farming) so i would just keep hitting refreash to see what you were doing.... i thought you were taughting me to hit you.... then i would move like 20-40 spaces away and farm somewhere else

just because someone would hit me doesnt mean i hit back.... i have learned that there are many more teams or even people that talk and if i hit they send someone else over to hit me even harder... so i would go on my merry way and farm till i found some more moves and could give a good chase...

I loved getting to thursday and looking at my attacks and seening that all the big dogs had hit me 3 times and i have only hit them maybe once

as for scripts... I have never made used or seen a script that you could let auto play for you..... if i was moving i was sitting in front of my computer

the couple of scripts we have are way better then auto anything and maybe we will talk about them later...

as for the attack error i have been on both sides.. i have been attacked and not lost the gold... and attacked someone and and they didnt lose it....
this really pisses me of cause i believe that this is the main reason cashout has jumped in the last 2 month.... it is the reason less people cashout.... it is the reason why people quit(cashout is to high im not playing anymore)... it had to happen on the 31st cause cause i watched cashout jump up 20k in 30mins

CLICK HERE for the Most Offensive T-Shirts EVER!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:38 pm 

Great post bcp. Hopefully there are some positive changes to the game when it comes back, because I really like this game and I dont want to go through what I went through in the month of October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:19 pm 

Love your article bcp19, for an old fart; of course I don't have any room to speak.
It was a great game, although in order to keep this game going they must make a profit. Hopefully in the next couple of months they will implement a strategic that allows this game to profit for them. Otherwise it is history. When any one puts an effort to make a little money for themselves it must be lucrative. If not you close it, sell the company, or restructured. Having a number of businesses that were closed and some were sold brings an understanding of what they are going thru.

Sometimes we approach life without center or direction and people are left in a state of perplexity and anxiety. To all those pirates that are not sure of what life they come to choose. Let me assure you that sometimes they just want to justify themselves to themselves. I shall stop here and applaud all those to the good life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:21 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

unclegar95 wrote:
well it could be..... i guess i didnt look at it that way... but then again you could say the same things about how i would play

if i seen some of the bigger people on my screen i would jump a couple of spaces to see if you would attack( make it look like i was running) someone comes on my screen again move a couple more spaces
and if they did end up hitting me i offten wouldnt hit back (i felt that if they were following me they didnt care if i hit back cause they had little or no fame).. so wait for a better time

alot of times i seen people (that looked like they tried to block me farming) so i would just keep hitting refreash to see what you were doing.... i thought you were taughting me to hit you.... then i would move like 20-40 spaces away and farm somewhere else

just because someone would hit me doesnt mean i hit back.... i have learned that there are many more teams or even people that talk and if i hit they send someone else over to hit me even harder... so i would go on my merry way and farm till i found some more moves and could give a good chase...

I loved getting to thursday and looking at my attacks and seening that all the big dogs had hit me 3 times and i have only hit them maybe once

as for scripts... I have never made used or seen a script that you could let auto play for you..... if i was moving i was sitting in front of my computer

the couple of scripts we have are way better then auto anything and maybe we will talk about them later...

as for the attack error i have been on both sides.. i have been attacked and not lost the gold... and attacked someone and and they didnt lose it....
this really pisses me of cause i believe that this is the main reason cashout has jumped in the last 2 month.... it is the reason less people cashout.... it is the reason why people quit(cashout is to high im not playing anymore)... it had to happen on the 31st cause cause i watched cashout jump up 20k in 30mins

Trust me uncle, you sitting at your computer would not move like these pirates did. The one with the tempting script as I call it moved ONLY when I did, even if I sat and refreshed for a minute it would not move until I did again. And the farming script, who sits there and methodically moves every 8 seconds over and over and over? I look at my map, get a route in my head, move and change ship as needed for 5-7 islands then look at my map again. So I am moving every 1-2 seconds for 10-15 seconds then am still for 5-6 seconds. Human nature does not move methodically, we move in fits and starts. The run away script I mentioned was also obvious, cause they would move in a random direction for 25 spaces. I am not stupid and do not make comments I have not investigated, this one was the hardest to figure out cause sometimes I would only see them vanish once, sometimes twice. The night I ran into them, moved, ran into them, moved and didn't see them but on my next row run into them again, move, run into them again, I started to figure it out. I test things out, I would see them take off and move in a spiral around my location to find them again. When they again took off, I would repeat the spiral. Each and every time they would jump once and stop. If I have fame I am moving more than just once and stopping. Also, the farming script is VERY obvious, since it jumps to the nearest unhit island each and every time. On a group of 7 islands that could with a human intelligence be hit without changing away from the dinghy switches ships several times because of the tendency to go either in an intended direction or randomly. Machine intelligence cannot compare to human intelligence, and it is very easy to see the difference. Ever follow a pirate when they were doing their farming? If you can follow that pirate while they do 100 moves at a constant and steady pace, they are either the most patient person in the world or a bot. That is another difference between people and scripts, you can never rattle a script.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:26 pm 

On my travels i have never noticed that bcp, nice spot there and i hope that the person gets done for doing it, takes the fun right out of the game.

Post subject: Re: And let the whining begin lol
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:32 pm 

bcp19 wrote:
This is not really a whine from me, but if you want to take it that way, more power to you lol.

Total Gold 258729

During cash-out (10/31/2006) you did not meet the $20.00 minimum.
At cash-out 265151 gold pieces = $20.00

Last month they introduced the new attack system a couple of days early and since my calculations showed I would lose 50-66% of my gold I made an upgrade so I would not lose as much, but while I was adapting to the change another player *cough*fox*cough* whined so hard that all the gold plundered was returned to it's original owner and those of us who tried to adapt were left with our upgrades and therefore screwed out of cashout.

This month is mostly my fault cause I let my guard down and uncle got lucky on me, but while uncle makes claims of people not using 'bots' and multi's I have to disagree. I have watched several pirates either 1) steadily farm at a slow rate (8-20 seconds between moves) that if you anticipate and block their next move will sit there for about 2 minutes before continuing. I did this to one pirate 4 times in a row and was never attacked and they never moved to another area to farm like you would expect a person being messed with to do. I have 2 computers, my desktop and my laptop, I play the game on my desktop while consulting my map on my laptop, if someone blocks me, I pick another spot and keep going or move 30 spaces and start anew. There is also the pirate that has what I call a runaway script. It is completely automated and when you appear on his radar he jumps in a random direction to get away. Another one has what I can the tempting script, when you appear, they immediately move a couple of spaces to give the impression they are actively playing so you will be more likely to attack them while they have 0 fame. This was another easy one to mess with, cause I was farming when I saw this pirate's antics and attacked, I failed but was never attacked back while I continued to farm for a reset, but every move I made, even if I took 20 seconds to make that move, resulted in a corresponding move from that pirate. I think there has also been a lot of taking advantage of the 'attack bug' and hopefully admin is taking the time to sort through to catch the people who abused it. I watched the cashout jump almost 40k in the last 12 hours of game play. 40k means that 2 million gold was added into the system. Let's do a little math, 40k in 12 hours means 166,667 gold an hour, 2777 gold a min, 46 gold a second. Might not sound like a lot, but with the lag, it would take five to ten people at once hitting ONLY towns to average around 46 gold a second for 43200 seconds. 360-720 people would have to spend their entire 600 moves on towns alone to come up with this. And for those of you that are going to prattle on about sinking ships, don't bother... it would take 400 ships to sink to enable that. even if you went 200 ships sunk you'd need about 180 people to play. And the key thing to remember is that no one is likely to run around with very high fame hitting only towns and being lucky enough to escape detection and getting attacked for half their gold. I think that this will show that the attack bug was a problem and hopefully the admin will be able to fix the problem with minimal downtime.

To Jan, Repustech and Shelvock, I apologize if I sound like I am bashing you guys, for that was not my intent. I work on another online game and I know how hard it is to 1) find cheaters and 2) prove it. The previous site most of us came here from was on the other end of the spectrum, they were out to ban as many people as possible for anything that remotely appeared to be cheating. You guys have done a great job, most of the whining you hear from us is due to our addiction, not the result of a bad game on your part.

You are all wrong... i only complained about losing the gold i did because they changed the system like 2 days before cashout...that was my main point...if you can't understand that then no skin off my back.

Post subject: Re: And let the whining begin lol
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:34 pm 

fearthefox wrote:
if you can't understand that then no skin off my back.

don't you mean fur?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 am 

well first off the reason i am defending this is because i have been accused of cheating at ww and i was also accussed of cheating here in the past but i guess i was cleared but dont know cause i didnt receive a response saying i wasnt cheating...

i was also accused of trying to get extra moves which leads me to believe that the admins have no idea of how this game is run.. because the cases that i didnt recieve moves was at the first reset and didnt make more then 20 moves for the day and have no moves left... and then their move thingy says i got my moves... well its total bs cause i didnt get my moves

im not saying your accusing me of cheating here but you could be cause i have watched you watch me play and there isnt a little chat box that pops up that i could of said hi to ya... so you would have known that i was sitting there playing

auto farming
if the person is smart enough to make a script to auto farm then why wouldnt they add a random delay

i dont always use a dingy to search a patch because you cant hit all the island that way you would have to skip one or go over the same spot 2 times

im always looking for a pattern in the gold recieved and moves found so alot of the times i would try to search island at the same time like wait 3 sec or four sec to search

when ever you (bcp19) come across my screen i move 20 spaces west because that is where you will be in less then 2 mins

and when taz comes across my screen i move 20 spaces south

everyone has a pattern you just have to find it oh by the way when you notice that someone keeps going on your screen you change and move east to west or west to east and move 20 spaces south

possible scripts that i have seen

auto attack
i move on to someones screen and they hit me but the dont move to find a reset
(could be used to fish and catch movers)

auto move
i move on to someones screen and they move but only one space... i attack them and they dont have any gold they dont move any more they just stay there
(could be used so people have fame and someone bigger attacks and takes my gold)

auto move

they move accross my screen at a steady pace dingy or what ever and it takes me 30 times to attack them only to get 20 gold pieces
(could be used so people have fame and someone bigger attacks and takes my gold)

I didnt even think anything auto would even work because i cant even play the game without it timing out because of all the lag.... i had to every 10 mins or so go and reset my cache

shouldnt the admins beable to look at the timestamps or something and see that a person hits every island at 8 sec or whatever your saying

and yes now i have nothing better to do with my time but to sit here and read the forums lol

bcp im not mad at you and i hope you are not mad at me i feel that if there is a cheater they should be banned...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:10 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Gee uncle, none of my comments were directed at you, but you sure seem to have a guilty conscience.

Last edited by bcp19 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:23 am 

hmmm.... what is that soposed to mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

unclegar95 wrote:
hmmm.... what is that soposed to mean

ROFLMAO! Nice calm reply, but I am sure your heartrate spiked when you read that. Spies are great, aren't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:52 pm 

actually i am still clueless

"All right stop, collaborate and listen"

i just didnt know for who..... and what ever your talking about it didnt come from me

"You better hit bulls eye, the kid dont play"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:18 pm 

bcp19 wrote:
Also, the farming script is VERY obvious, since it jumps to the nearest unhit island each and every time. On a group of 7 islands that could with a human intelligence be hit without changing away from the dinghy switches ships several times because of the tendency to go either in an intended direction or randomly. Machine intelligence cannot compare to human intelligence, and it is very easy to see the difference.

Sorry but thats not VERY accurate it's the way I play. I don't play the way you do anymore because I never knew where I was in regards to islands visited already. Currently, I number the Islands and towns moving in seemingly random directions but in whole I am systematically visiting 99% of all the islands and towns in that location. I'd have to say its one hell of alot easier than figuring out what to do next on the fly. So spend an hour or two numbering all of them and then all you have to do when you start playing is remember the number you're on, figure out which ship you need, change ships and move, search, change ships, move, search..... So it really isn't VERY Obvious!

Visually inspecting the way someone plays cannot determine if its a script in any way. It could be a slow player that takes a long time to fill in the information on his map and it only looks like he moves every 8 seconds because he does. By jumping around the grid it could be a human that has found a better way to make his moves and you see it as a script running.

Heres how I set up my route to take (took me about 2 minutes to make)
Its 16x21 has 100 locations numbered out of a posible 152 and if you watched me run this you would probably think I was using a script because I can run it efficiently and effectively.
my starting point would be Z29 and if it took me more than 10 minutes to finish I would be surprised.