Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: white page of death
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:46 am 

I wish something would be done about this annoying friggin white page of death glitch.

larryx6 Success 33294 Lost
another day wasted

Post subject: Re: white page of death
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:03 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

If someone can give me instructions on how to generate a white page of death then I can do something about them.

It doesn't happen for me, so I have no idea how to solve it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:57 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

Sea captainn I've only been able to kinda purposely get it to happen on two occasions, and both involved having more than one thing open. If i am in chat and moving about and have my attack log open and scanning and still have the home page up the game will start to lag then it will throw up to screen and log me out. (doesn't happen all the time but i don't risk it with fame)

And it happens occasionally when fishing if i have multiple screen open like my attack log scanning and such, if i sit for a bit then click on someone it at times throws up the screen on me. Like the other day i was sitting there for a bit, had my log open and was in chat conversing with gargemel, then along came maggie... hit and fail, i tried to hit her back and i got the white screen. Luckily i was able to log back in fast enough she didn't get to far away to donate to my cause :twisted:

Ive noticed chat does it to me alot, and leaving the home page up, so now when i play i only have the game screen and attack log open and i rarely get it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:40 pm 
the evil pirate

wwsucks from the way i see you move there is nothing wrong with your connection as it usually takes me 4 or 5 tries before i can actually catch you.

the "white page of death" happens for me when i send multiple request to the server at once. this happens when you are using the keypad to move and the mouse to search an island/town/laggoon AFTER you have made your move.

try it out, you will see..... sit on on island make your move and quickly search the island before the server registers your request to move to the next spot and voila the dreaded white page of death.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the game code on this issue

regarding your BIG loses , perhaps a change of strategy is due? I dont mind you being FAMEous but i don't want you to quit out of frustration either.

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:10 pm 

i got the white page of death while i was ticking the boxes to authenticate
i even took a screen shot of it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:08 pm 
John the Fisherman

:safe:

*giggles*

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:50 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

Lol, what a character you are.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:23 am 

Hi SOCORBAN just give it time and it will finish loading after you click in the meantime I know they hit you while you can't see them because its blank oh well thats a pirates life.......and a time lag between clicking too fast and the server responding while its still answering the click that it had before the last click Happy Hunting ...... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

appearantly fred you haven't gotton the white screen of death yet. As that's not the case. I am well aware of overloading the server with requests.... but how about when im sitting still for a few minutes then click on something and get it? surely i can not be overloading the server as i have not made a request in some time.

Before it was innocent but last night it finally cost me a few k to blazin pyro. I was still and just went to move once, got the screen and logged back in just in time to see him strolling off with my gold. rrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

I am very displeased at this moment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:34 pm 

I got there just in time for your sails to come out and you moving because I was just strolling through. I am with you -- been there, done that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:53 am 

Froze up, not white screen just not coming up with where I am at.
Was attacked in the middle for 10k. Looks to me like the attack itself might have caused the hang but not sure.

Was moving, steadily but deliberately and not hastily.

This is definately frustrating

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:25 am 

I agree with tiqvah with the freezing. It's like you're going along and then suddenly you can't move. This happened to me with smiller, mrsair , popcan and Larry all near by. The freeze and white page of death happened to me this morning as well but I didn't get chased..maybe someone was near and we couldn't see each other? :scratch:

DorEli53 made a post which said:
I hate the lag...I move great until an active player shows up in the grid and then I get hit because I can't move. How convenient. The only reliable thing here is Smiller...guaranteed to drain you on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:52 am 

Yip her post is at viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2274&p=22911#p22911

I guess I'm 1 of the few people to not have the white screen bug. Only problem here is I get cut off the internet by what I've been told is a bad line.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:17 pm 

I don't so much get the White Screen of Death as I get the Sudden Wonky Really Big Screen After a Major Lag.

It cost me 60 grand and change today. Going along, doing well and **BAM** suddenly I'm dead in the water and the game screen doesn't fit in the window correctly so I wait, hit the change ships button (because it's the only one I see) and my gold has been ganked.

Well, at least I had it to lose! LOL! :eye: