Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warning to newbies: Don't waste your time with this crap
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:47 pm 

There's a reason there are no more than 20 people playing this trash at a time - it's a joke.

You waste months upgrading your "defense". It does no good. And don't lecture me about fame either. Another joke. You don't get attacked for 10 hours, get a couple fame, and magially you're attacked and lose half your gold. Uh-huh. You also waste months upgrading your attack - so you can plunder 5 gold from other ships. WOWOW - that's just flippin' fantastic! Over 100,000 spent in ugrades so I can plunder 5 whole pieces of gold. THANKS!!!

Thanks for helping me waste hours of my life on this crap. You might want to adjust some settings if you actually want more than 20 morons playing this.

Peace out.

Post subject: Re: Warning to newbies: Don't waste your time with this crap
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 pm 

There's a reason there are no more than 20 people playing this trash at a time - it's a joke.

Personally I think 20 people playing at a time is a good amount. If you check the amount of people often you'll find it never goes below 5 at least. Then think that the average playing time is about an hour, which makes it that there is at least 120 different players playing each day.

You waste months upgrading your "defense". It does no good.

(Attacks on You 2642) - (Successful Attacks on You 513 ) = 2129, and defense does nothing??.

And don't lecture me about fame either. Another joke. You don't get attacked for 10 hours, get a couple fame, and magially you're attacked and lose half your gold. Uh-huh.

To lose half your gold you need fame of 50 or more, which is a bit more than a couple (Which is around 2.). So were you moving for the 10 hours before that, and were the players who hit you players that you had just attacked??. Sounds a bit like you took a bite of someones worm (On the end of their fishing hook.).

You also waste months upgrading your attack - so you can plunder 5 gold from other ships. WOWOW - that's just flippin' fantastic! Over 100,000 spent in ugrades so I can plunder 5 whole pieces of gold. THANKS!!!

With only 100k spent of upgrades that partly explains why you would only get 5 gold. The key is to attack moving players which have costly upgrades to get. In which case you could get 16k * that much.

Basicly my point is to just keep at it and you'll get there. If you search the forums and enter chat then you'll find lots of good tips to help you get ahead in the game. It's a game after all, so not everyone wins, but with this game you have as long as you like to build up your stats, rather than making 1 mistake and failing the game, :) .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:28 am 
the evil pirate

myst

you are a great advocate for this game but the game has many issues that need to be resolved.

the concept of this game is great, there should be hundreds if not thousands of people online at a time...not 20 !

even I havent been playing as much these days.

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:16 am 

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2353

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:36 am 

CLAPPING very loud for Darkmyst9. That is it exactly. If you stick with the game, you can scratch your way up. Up to where though? I see all of your points and I know sixer’s frustration. I run around the map hitting almost every ship I see. Most of the time, I get that annoying message “ your attack succeeded but so and so had no gold to plunder”. There is that occasional ship that you sink and it makes you smile for a second. This is a hard game with a big learning curve. You have to be patient and make your moves fast when you are attacking. The draw back is the lag. It sucks when I am attacking and all of a sudden, the lag monster hits me. I am almost praying that some other ship is not near me when this happens. You can lose your shirt when this happens. Any way play or don’t play it is up to you. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:38 pm 

This is another reason I have spoken up for a reset. It is very upsetting for a new player to start so far behind the rest of the heard (or in this case fleet). Once they start getting attacked by 4 certain players that are obviously using their radars togather they can go from 40k gold to 2.5k gold in just a couple mins. While I havn't lost that much I have lost from 20k down to 1k in less time than it takes to think about it all because of a lagg (by the way I have noticed less lagg in the past few days, in fact I have been moving lightning fast at times).
Reset or not, it's still a game that is to be played for fun. So have fun! Why someone would complain about all the time they lost playing I don't understand. If they had more pressing matters at hand then they shouldn't be playing this anyway. Perhaps there could be another way to make things a little more fair for the newer players (and even the players like myself that get tired of paying taxes to certain players). I think it has been suggested by someone before that instead of 3 hits a week change it to 2 hits a week. Just a thought.

Six

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:23 pm 
John the Fisherman

wow

a whole new light has been shown...I must say, I have to agree with what has been said...

Like I said before, I don't mind a reset...I remember how much fun it was in the very beginning...this time I'll be able to stay on top!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:52 am 

I don't think this is crap;this is a fun game.I say stick to it and you'll get to the top in no time.I'll make sure with my shark at my side. :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:04 pm 

LOL :lol:
You want to make it to the top? Then you'll have to spend a lot of money on the game to make it and once there you'll most likely have to keep spending to stay at the top. And it will definitely take a lot of time too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 am 
John the Fisherman

play smart and you don't have to spend that much...

there are a couple examples out there, you just have to look for them and figure out what to do...

the vets get to the top because they know how...

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman