Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Moving not working?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:14 am 
John the Fisherman

well well well...

recently, I have noticed that my moves don't like to work for me anymore...I press a key to move, and a move gets deducted, but my ship stays in the same place...

now, I used to think that it was just me...but then when I had one move left one day, I clicked to move, and the move was used, but I stayed on the same spot...so then I knew it wasn't me

recently, it has been happening a lot...I keep getting hit for it, and it's not making me happy...

this happening to anyone else?

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: Moving not working?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:29 am 

yeah i'm pretty certain this has happened while i was playing also.
i'm very certain about gettin hit and being unhappy about it.anyway you might talk to xt about that he likes to get hit. i wonder what his secret is?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 am 

My secret, hmm, paint your ship floresant orange and make sure to attack as many other ships as you can. Also, it helps to make as many enemies as you can. This will ensure that you will be tracked and lagged everyday. Those damn gremlins can be nasty. HAHA :alien:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 pm 

OK, I thought that my previous post was easy to figure out as a joke. I am sorry if I confused anyone with this post. Let us break it down shall we.

“My secret, hmm, paint your ship floresant orange and make sure to attack as many other ships as you can.”

First, can anyone paint his or her ship? No, that specific color is used for many signaling purposes or to draw attention.

“Also, it helps to make as many enemies as you can.”

I thought this was a no-brainer. If you attack, you will be attacked back. It makes sense to me; again, I am sorry if some are confused.

“This will ensure that you will be tracked and lagged everyday.”

Now this line here was directed to those members of fleets. Let us look at it this way if I hit you, you know where I am, and you are a member of a fleet it just makes sense to pass on any information to your teammates. The lag issue well that is experienced by everyone. I will say this I have noticed that lag becomes more relevant when two or more ships are moving in the same area. Unfortunately, for others and me we seem to have fame at the time.

“Those damn gremlins can be nasty.”

Hmm where to start with this one. Gremlins is a darkly comic American horror movie directed by Joe Dante and released in 1984. A gremlin is a folkloric creature, commonly depicted as mischievous and mechanically oriented with a specific interest in aircraft.

I hope that this post helps to clear up any misunderstandings that may have been made.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:21 am 

hmmm well thank you for cleaning that up so articulately. hmmm you really flatter yourself with a definate effeminate tone.hmm or perhaps your humor mimics that super successful comic arsenial hall. hmm your killing me( LOL )hmmm in any case all your hitting on me won't get you what you really want. hmmm i'm hetro. i know it will take some time yet being of the same occupation as that famous dude from nazareth i can promise you that you'll get hammered but good! hmmm don't get excited there was no sexual pun intended! i'm enjoying our cute little volley so much i've decided to dedicate a couple of songs to your and jw's honor

hair of the dog by nazareth
kind and generous by natalie merchant it's a very pretty and lovely song i do hope you appreciate it
(pun intended with relation towards the game)
and last but not least
feelin stronger every day by chicago oh lol

ok girlie boys you polish your cannons real good now ya hear.

Quote:
never match wits with a half wit you'll lose every time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 am 

jerryrocks wrote:
hmmm well thank you for cleaning that up so articulately. hmmm you really flatter yourself with a definate effeminate tone.hmm or perhaps your humor mimics that super successful comic arsenial hall. hmm your killing me( LOL )hmmm in any case all your hitting on me won't get you what you really want. hmmm i'm hetro. i know it will take some time yet being of the same occupation as that famous dude from nazareth i can promise you that you'll get hammered but good! hmmm don't get excited there was no sexual pun intended! i'm enjoying our cute little volley so much i've decided to dedicate a couple of songs to your and jw's honor

hair of the dog by nazareth
kind and generous by natalie merchant it's a very pretty and lovely song i do hope you appreciate it
(pun intended with relation towards the game)
and last but not least
feelin stronger every day by chicago oh lol

ok girlie boys you polish your cannons real good now ya hear.

Quote:
never match wits with a half wit you'll lose every time

Dude, knockin Chicago can cause some CTA's to get a lil not happy.... might want to polish your own cannons.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]