Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stealing sucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:41 pm 

JacksPirate Failure 11913 Stolen - now thats a low blow considering I already lost to smokeyone Success 14888 Lost

Jeesh I wish I could steal like that.
Of course thats not going to happen cause once my treasure chest is empty, I'm backing off from this game...If I need a feel to suffer or punish myself I might play here and there but since I've invested so much money and only got maybe $20 back, I've decided that I just don't want to do this any more. The quality of the game sucks since the lag issue never gets resolved, and I might get close to an upgrade only to lag and lose...It's like buying new tires for my jeep only to have em go flat all the time. Eventually someone stubborn like me has to back down and walk away. I'm not giving up, I've just had enough..there really is a difference. I've actually found another way to make real money without the BS..it's been taking up my time, tis a bit boring but I'll have real cash for my kids at christmas without it coming out of my pocket.
WWsucks is of the same mind - he says if the game gets fixed then he might play like he used to. I shook my head when he told me that 3 days ago he had 207000 and after playing yesterday he only had 53397 - with no upgrades - lag lag lag..and btw he started after I did and is stronger than I am and we both played everyday until this week...The hope of upgrading is a thread that is frayed in the middle. It gets to a point where you don't even want to test it's strength cause you know it's going to fail you. :x :cry:

Post subject: Re: stealing sucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:59 pm 

And Again - what's up with this?
Bee's not even as strong as I am as far as I know..
Bee Failure 11776 Stolen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:15 pm 

Wow, Come attack me, please! I could really use the gold. -Chuckles :cheese:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:58 pm 

Stealing definitely sucks, especially when we can't do it ourselves.
I often get stollen from and yet never did I steal from an attacking pirate(none that I've seen anyways)
I would really like to see a complete guide to PTW(calculation, formulas,what,when,where and why things happens), that way we would know what to expect.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:13 am 

i agree with the assessment of stealing.
and whats the reasoning behind not allowing the calculations involved in pirating to be available to players.i mean every parker bros. and milton bradley game i ever played had the rules and conditions clearly printed for all to see. i can see where some discovery of the strategies for playing need to be developed through trial and error and a genuine interest and dedication to the game yet this and other issues are becoming more and more validated by those to whom many seem to crying or complaining like sore losers. i'm starting to see that the imbalance and want for possitive action to correct said issues from the same perspective.
say it isn't so! i've said so before and i'll say it again that the concept,format and challenge of this game could, i believe could be for computer gaming what if not monopoly was but let's say risk was for board games.seriously whats a novice to programing such as myself supposed to believe with all these games today with detailed graphics and depth levels way beyond those here.

Last edited by jerryrocks on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:25 am 

I'm kinda of two minds on stealing.

On the one hand, it encourages you not to go after guys who are definately more powerful than yourself-- After investing several moons and some severe gold in upgrades, I'm starting to see stolen gold come into my coffers....

However, it can discourage new players when they get the surprise

But if Stolen gold is what makes you leave the game--- well, you don't know what broken is--- And though there is the lag issue(and a resolution would be a large boon there) this does not constitue a broken game.

If we strictly went by the documented How to Play, then Pearls don't exist either-- so lets demand that pearls and lagoons be pulled from the game! Hey but that is a GOOD suprise so we have to keep that....(Sarcasm intentional)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:14 pm 

it's not just the stealing that bothers me. It's the lag, which happens even when attacking towns or just plain clicking, having to double click, failed clicks, white pages, game grids that open white and look kinda like "safemode" until you click refresh hoping it works, connectivity lag and then there's the cheaters which cause the lags.

Jackspirate was green and I always thought green was safe, or at least most of the time. I got hit hard by stealing again today but I don't remember who it was cause i had high fame and didn't want to stop.
I don't mean to sound like a whiner but I've put way too much money into this game only to be this frustrated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:19 pm 
John the Fisherman

I remember failing on a noob a couple months ago...I couldn't believe it, haha

I think it's name was Yoshi3 or something....probably got sunk a while back!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 am 

DorEli53 wrote:
JacksPirate Failure 11913 Stolen - now thats a low

I can agree... stealing give u a double feeling... certainly when u loose some steal on someone thats almost equal or not as strong as u are...
the day before u loose this steal i loose more than 14K to Smokey in a stolen...
and when i was new in the game i loose a stolen on attacks on Capt and BCP... that was a big surprice and give a bad feeling when u are new in the game....
So for me, u can ban those stolens out...

But DorEli what i dont understand is this :
U give this stolen as DorEli53 and this was on my screen :
Plague Failure 11913 Stolen Mar 08 12:17:27 ?????

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 pm 

Jack, my forum name is DorEli53 but my pirate name is Plague . sorry if I confused you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:44 am 

OK, thanks for the info Dor_Eli_53_Plague ! :eye: :wink:
I didnt know this, because "as a pirate" ... You are "born" before me here... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:40 pm 

failure-4079 stolen,this same pirate attacks me earlier the same day and i take a shot back and get 4k stolen is just plain B.S. :evil:
IT'S NOT DIFFICULT ENOUGH TO PLAY A GAME WHERE SENORITY OVERWHELMINGLY DOMINATES ANY AMOUNT OF EFFORT OR INVESTMENT,YOU NOT ONLY TAKE THE RISK OF GETTING SLAPPED WITH THE HIGHER FAME FROM A FAILED ATTACK ON A HIGHER RANKED PLAYER YOUR SUBJECTED TO SUBSTANTIAL LOST TO RUB A LITTLE SALT IN THE WOUND.IT ONLY FURTHER SUBSTANTIATES MAINTAINING THE STATUS QOU-TA.
LIKE THE FIX IS IN!
B.S.
OFCOURSE IT'S NEAR MONTHS END AND CASHOUT SO WHAT'S A BIG SUCKERFISH SUPPOSED TO EXSPECT?
CREW/4=AMOUNT STOLEN COCKCA, I GET ATTACKED BY NEWBIES ALL THE TIME AND HAVE RECEIVED STOLEN GOLD ONLY ONCE IN 4 MONTHS!
ALONG THE SAME LINES I'VE HIT BACK AGAINST PLAYERS LIKE POP,LARRY,PTR AND NIM AND HAVE HAD NOTHING STOLEN SO HAD DO YA EXPLAIN THAT? TOTAL COCKCA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:09 pm 
John the Fisherman

Mouth on that one

I havent had a stolen hit in a couple weeks...

me thinks it deals with observation, but we aren't entirely sure

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 pm 

I am still trying to understand this game period. As I orginally understood the game all green pirates was lower and those were the safe one's to attack but when you attack some of those you can lose and lose gold???? Yes, this has happened to me as well while attacking someone who is green to me. Don't understand that one is it not bad enough that the few I can attack never have any gold but then to have someone who is green steal my gold. Doesn't make alot of sense. But this still goes down to the same fact that the game obviously is one sided geared strickly to high level players and the low level players don't stand a chance. So since there is no immunity for the low level players then what is the point of playing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:40 pm 
John the Fisherman

ladylove wrote:
I am still trying to understand this game period. As I orginally understood the game all green pirates was lower and those were the safe one's to attack but when you attack some of those you can lose and lose gold???? Yes, this has happened to me as well while attacking someone who is green to me. Don't understand that one is it not bad enough that the few I can attack never have any gold but then to have someone who is green steal my gold. Doesn't make alot of sense. But this still goes down to the same fact that the game obviously is one sided geared strickly to high level players and the low level players don't stand a chance. So since there is no immunity for the low level players then what is the point of playing.

I have failed on greenies before..crazy stuff happens sometimes

I want to be a fisherman