Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: And you need people to stay and play this game...?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:22 pm 

tiqvah wrote:
CSStriker wrote:
3) "or were using the script to get there"

true.... dont get me started on this subject

so popcan, you seem to frown that face of yours everytime scripts are mentioned

what re your real thoughts on this subject?

if you don't want to post it in public, feel free to pm me

frankly I dont really care anymore , people can cheat or use scripts all they want .

It's the admins problem and it's up to them to put a stop to it , my time is better spent elsewhere which explains why I dont post in the forums much anymore or visit chat.
CSStriker wrote:
3) "or were using the script to get there"

true.... dont get me started on this subject :(

so popcan, you seem to frown that face of yours everytime scripts are mentioned

what re your real thoughts on this subject?

if you don't want to post it in public, feel free to pm me

frankly I dont really care anymore , people can cheat or use scripts all they want .

It's the admins problem and it's up to them to put a stop to it , my time is better spent elsewhere which explains why I dont post in the forums much anymore or visit chat.

Posted:

its sad to say... but i can only agree with that ... and ... U even get not an answer anymore when U send a direct email about the lag ... the other rewards are gone for 2 months ... whats happening here ... ???????????????????????????????????????????????

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 pm 

The game is dying. It has been said many times and all we get from the captain are the same old stories. “It takes time and there are only two of us.” I personally am going to give this game up. So if you want some gold come and hit me.

xtkiller wrote:
This game needs some changes and fast. First off, get rid of fame. It is a crock and only more advance players know how to play with it. You need to just have hit points like most games in this genera do. Use experience points to gauge the level of players. Players should not be penalized for attacking. Isn’t that what a pirate does? As far as upgrades go, again this is ridiculous. It takes so long for new players to get anywhere with the current system. There needs to be quests or something along that line to allow the players to gain experience and build up their strength. Just moving around on a blip map looking to attack other lower level players and hoping for a big payday is stupid. The reality of it is that big guys are going to get you. You have no chance of every getting that lousy upgrade. The game itself has a flaw that I believe everyone has experienced, killer lag. This has upset many players. Its cause has not been discovered as far as I have read on the forums. This needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I will not get into it more than to say read the forums and you will see it happens to new players as well as to long time players. The idea of invisible ships that cannot be seen on your radar is also unheard of. I could see if there was fog or maybe an island between you and said ship but this is not the case. The bigger guy has just gotten more upgrades and because of this, you cannot see him. HAHA Come on is this really the kind of game where you need to be invisible form someone of a lower level. Well I think I have given my thoughts on the game say what you will but the day is coming when those ghost ships will be gone and there will only be 30 or so blue ships left for the top level guys to hit.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:39 am 

Quote:

It's the admins problem and it's up to them to put a stop to it
, my time is better spent elsewhere which explains why I dont post in the forums much anymore or visit chat.

THIS IS REALLY THE BIG PROB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm 

JacksPirate wrote:
Quote:

It's the admins problem and it's up to them to put a stop to it
, my time is better spent elsewhere which explains why I dont post in the forums much anymore or visit chat.

THIS IS REALLY THE BIG PROB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep hearing these allegations of scripts... and cheating.

1) How can you be so sure someone is running a script?
2) If someone is using an intense script, I'd imagine they'd be the ones rolling in the gold. They'd have done better at cashout than me, who definately did it manually. And if Pops and his mafia aren't using scripts then basically that would leave Mrs Air, CSS Striker and Smiller. In short, I don't buy it.
3) If the problem in this game is inequality, and things being tough for new users, why, oh why does the gangbanging from some of our Top players continue? The main complaint of the original post was from the rapid fire hits of RAT, PTR and Larry within literally NINETY-NINE SECONDS. I'm sorry, but right now it sounds to me like Pop's way of hijakking the thread, accusing script use, to change the subject away from abusive fleet use! That's right, Im calling Bullsh!t on some of this.

Fleets aren't against the rules, but when the strongest players have banded together in fleets, it then is exponentially harder to oppose them or to even think of ever reaching their level. And getting the new folks together in a fleet isn't going to help unless they are all in one with folks just as big--- Another reason I had opposed the "Superfleet" is that the result would be only new folks who had the luck to join it could rapidly progress.

I'm a sole practitioner, and I'm having success in this game. I've learned to compensate for the fleets, and found ways to get gold and to hold onto a good portion of it. It took a lot of screw ups and still I hit setbacks, but I can come on strong and still get somewhere. I've gotten some cash, and a prize, and if cashout inflation doesn't go exponential, I'm getting some upgrades and some cash in the next couple months. And I'm going to wear my PTW T-Shirt with pride (once it gets here.).

That being said, I have to say some of my success has come from talking with other folks about how to play and thinking about different subtleties.

The lag is a real issue. I think it is going to take a lot of real digging to resolve it. I'm beginning to think it is being done inadvertantly by someone who doesn't even realize they have some form of Precache, etc (as the Cap announced on the Member Home Page.), or possibly some form of odd other configuration issue. That needs to be resolved to keep people here and to get new folks to start. The fact that it comes and goes so sporadically....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:35 am 

the whole top and bottom of this is when people get fame and get hit others they dont like it but it is ok for them to hit everyone else it makes me sick and as for the scripts pop you protest far to much i would not even know How to find one never mind use one and i for one am getting sick of all this crap
FOR THE RECORD I DO NOT NOR EVER HAVE USED A SCRIPT
we all need to remember it is a game and ment to be fun but with all this moaning from the boys in the game it is daft and they say it is women who moan well all i see is men moaning when they get hit and of course all who hit then must be cheating this is a daft way to look at things just play the game

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 am 

mandytech wrote:
the whole top and bottom of this is when people get fame and get hit others they dont like it but it is ok for them to hit everyone else it makes me sick and as for the scripts pop you protest far to much i would not even know How to find one never mind use one and i for one am getting sick of all this crap
FOR THE RECORD I DO NOT NOR EVER HAVE USED A SCRIPT
we all need to remember it is a game and ment to be fun but with all this moaning from the boys in the game it is daft and they say it is women who moan well all i see is men moaning when they get hit and of course all who hit then must be cheating this is a daft way to look at things just play the game

yep :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:48 am 

Musta hit too close to home...

3 hits in 65 seconds. A new PTW World record!

larryx6 Success xxxx Lost Apr 09 21:36:22
popcan Success xxxx Lost Apr 09 21:36:10
ptrdanno Success xxxx Lost Apr 09 21:35:17

Was over the top watching pops stay in my path from time to time waiting for his buds to catch up for the whomp. Would have been a surprise if I hadn't been farming and he didn't keep sitting on islands.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:43 am 

I agree with the big post tiqvah.

Personally I think this site and the admins are doing fine. When I first started playing this game I felt really bad vibes from it. Every time I logged in and started playing, I would feel really cold and couldn't help shivering. Evil is easy to see, and at that time the vibes from the site were just that. No idea what made those vibes, but as soon as sea and bcp brought the game those vibes were gone. The vibes from a site alone are enough to make me stay or go, and in this case I'm here to stay. Along with the good vibes, I'm also happy with how things are being handled and how no one is running from questions and problems, rather staying to help and fix.

P.S:
Part of the vibes from the site now are things like gold watches on big hairy arms, blue tshirts, working at dairies near the sea, and fishing. Mainly the gold watch though, like it's a hand-me-down maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 am 

Strange you saying something about vibes Darkmyst9, I joined here after hearing about it elsewhere but never really played until it changed owners.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:25 am 

that was me too. I joined under old management. But I kept seeing it and getting emails about coming back, so I decided to give it a shot. I definitely do not regret it at all. Considering how busy this world is, I think it is amazing that admin even has time to monitor this game at all. I personally think they are doing great. It takes a long time to develope a new game and work out all the quirks so that even trial periods can be monitored. Remember, folks, this is a paying game if you want it to be. There aren't very many around and if you find a good honest one, you stick with it. Admin cannot be held for dishonest players. which I don't really think there are too many if any to be honest. LIke it has been said before, your strategy is really what counts. There are ways to play and there are aways to play. I haven't got all the answers, but I refuse to give up. I wish that there was a way to put the chat screen on the bottom of the page, just like on another site. I think it would be a lot harder that way to pm co-ordinates to other people about other people's amount of gold pieces and where they are. Don't give up folks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:35 pm 

You are joking right??? Don't give up??? I have read alot of the post in the forums in the last week or so and the same post are just reposted in different forms. I see people gripping about they can't get upgrades that cost 1 million or more when newbie players can't even get an upgrade that cost less than 40k because all these high level players attack them over and over and over every day and even with no fame they get 10% each time. Today, and it is now 6pm have been hit 12 times and I am sure within the next 5 to 6 hours I will be hit at least 8 to 10 more times for a total lose of oh say 6k. I play everyday as much as possible here lately 6 to 10 hours I never have fame because I can't risk losing more than 10% of my gold. And the fact that I am a very low level player that the few I can attack never have any gold so it is just wasted fame. And god help me if I try to hit a blue person I just fail and add 3 to my fame. And the fact that the 2 blue players that I can attack and win never have any gold and never move that is still a waste. And they want new players to come and stay and play this game and invest money in it???? I don't think so. I am not paying for someone else's payout's when I can't even get a 38k upgrade. I find 10k gold a day and all the high players attack me and steal 6k a day so I am left with 4k so in maybe 2 weeks I can get an upgrade doesn't make it worth playing and most new players feel the same after playing a couple weeks and they just quit and never come back or they play every great once in a while and then remember why they stopped playing after being attacked a couple times. And they just go away again.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:31 am 

Then its time to change strategies and your earning power.

popcan Success 1640 Lost Apr 29 23:33:17
XTKiller Success 1631 Lost Apr 29 20:19:39
Blazinpyro Success 1637 Lost Apr 29 20:00:42
ptrdanno Success 1563 Lost Apr 29 14:42:32
MadMorganBonney Success 1570 Lost Apr 29 14:21:21
flkb Success 1586 Lost Apr 29 14:04:07
JacksPirate Success 1602 Lost Apr 29 13:09:02
ratpatrol Success 1562 Lost Apr 29 11:58:23
larryx6 Success 1572 Lost Apr 29 11:56:48
mr_six_shooter Success 1493 Lost Apr 29 08:10:04
Kwlkiwi Success 1484 Lost Apr 29 06:18:05
Nimizts Success 1486 Lost Apr 29 05:10:31

Im actually posting values (I normally xx them out) mostly due to getting some SDs and thus not having as much gold as listed above to come get. I'm posting that in 24 hours I lost 18,826 Gold. You'll also note that I started the day with appx 148600 gold and ended it with 164000, which is a net profit of over 15k for that day. (Gross intake would have been around 33k for that day.) (It was courteous of rat and larry to have at least a minute between their attacks this time.)

I did this not as part of a fleet, not with massive attacks, but on my own. And some days I do better than that...and once I get a few more upgrades I will do better. I did PM you back with some assistance-- and not the only way to succeed, just the way I have so far.

So yes, I do expect folks to stick with it and persevere, but I'm beginning to think it takes folks who can get creative about it, or that will receive mentoring from stronger players. (And if approached, or even run into in the chat room or here, there are several of us who will help.)