Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: And you need people to stay and play this game...?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:43 am 

Ok
I have read the post's about fleets and all that and also about fame....

But you really need to do something about it, to make it fair on the players that do not belong to fleets
For someone to advance in this game they need to get a little fame here and there otherwise it takes months to get an upgrade because of the 1% taken by hits when you are not playing...

and no i was not above the 50 fame for those that can not work it out and no i am not at the point to have a ship that lets me run away from these ppl at 15 or 20 moves in one.. need the upgrades first a...lol

ptrdanno Success 3036 Lost Apr 05 00:32:03
ratpatrol Success 4990 Lost Apr 05 00:31:31
larryx6 Success 8027 Lost Apr 05 00:30:24

its a joke larryx6 had 100 GD, 10 SD
something needs to be done about it...
from 500 to 600 down to 390 ppl playing now... and you wonder why.....?

Post subject: Re: And you need people to stay and play this game...?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 am 

The main thing is to keep at it. Doesn't matter if players are in fleets or not, they can still do well in this game. Just takes skill, and some trial and error. If the water balloons don't work, then try putting them in the freezer first.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:04 am 

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT !!!
there's gold in them darn hills!
i wonder what tee time they had?
FOUR!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:01 pm 
John the Fisherman

my goodness

those 3 fight over scraps!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:23 pm 

the problem is many:

The game loses people for several reasons. Some of them have been posted an disscussed over an over again

the game never has anything new added, and when something new does get added it only lasts for a few weeks before it is forgotten about (ie: taverns)

the lag and other problems. while some have this problem some dont, but in the end it effects everyone.

the fleets, while i agree with haveing fleets. For the new people it is a real problem, such as the slovo you took from larry an crew.

upgrades an cost of them. I am really loseing faith in upgradeing. Most cost well over 500k now which is almost impossible to get. But when you do get an upgrade at that level it seems to have little to no effect . Even at times it seems to reverse the effect an only make things worse.

Fame, fame is a big problem, you have to get fame in order to get anywhere. but yet when you take a hit you lose so much that it really makes it seem pointless to continue to play.

as for attacking back on larry an his crew, among others that are strong. What's the point, you know your going to get a hit of 3 fame and then get even more taken when the rest of the crew gets there.
Oh i know you'll come back with you may get lucky and score a big hit. well sure you may, but in a year of playing this i have only gotten lucky on smiller once, and never on larry or rat.

As it is now the game will not go much farther than it is. You have the same players continuly playing with no real newbies entering that last any length of time. Plus there is nothing to keep them here or in the game other than to rush through there moves. Site makes it right now towards payouts with the same people putting money in in hopes of gaining it back, but all we do is put money in to be traded amonst the same players, with Larry an pop and the likes getting the biggest share.

As much as some of the older timers hate to admit it, things have to change that effects both old an new players alike. Admins of the game have to come up with new things to keep players here, promiseing a new version only not to hear any more of it for months does nobody any good in keeping them here.

I been here since before the restart, and nothing has changed to make it any better. it just stays the same. I dont see it changeing any time soon. Unless the admins really do some changes and soon i dont see it staying around much past this next year. Maybe the admins should consider adding some help to do the codeing, game ideas, adding new things, and so on. Plenty of suggestions have been put forth, but with the admins being only 2 people, and haveing little time to make these changes, none of them get acted upon.

Just my point of view, and knowing I am really rethinking why i spend so much time here and get no where.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:53 am 

I very much agree with Nimizts...everything you said is true. I have never participated with a treasure hunt and to me that looks to be very interesting but of course it means pay more money...none of the game issues have been resolved and the only players getting anywhere are the ones who are at the top...obviously they must play constantly, or were using the script to get there. Now that I can reflect on the beginning I'm thinking that these stronger players must have paid in alot so they could get a good head start. Now the problem is that all we do is feed the strong players. Now, I'm not a weakling, but still I get no where..I started out with over $239000 and after being slaughtered today I have less that $70000.
There needs to be some changes in the amounts taken...it's just too much. And ditch the stealing..

It would also be helpful if some of those pearls would contain more upgrades or more gold. A few expensive prizes doesn't really cut it. The fun is gone and I'm PO'd because the prospect of upgrading is shot to hell once again. I keep saying I'm going to quit but then I have a good couple of days and decide to donate to the treasure chest only to regret it. I always regret it.

We should be able to buy in for a lesser amount via paypal...$20 is alot at one time..we should be given the option to pay as little as $2 if we want.
Nimizts mentions upgrades at $500000 :? thats way beyond me and most other players - thats fricken astronomical and definately not something I expect to ever accomplish.

I am sick of paying for everyone elses upgrades, I'm sick of the lag and I angry at the players who used the script to get where they are today.

Once my treasure chest is empty I will resign from the "suckers anonymous" group and move on to something else.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:12 pm 

suck and plague
just for your info i have never used scripts and would not know how to even find one and i have got were i am through hard work and playing the game
so who the hell do you think you are saying the top players must use them I DONT AND NEVER HAVE AND THE ONLY TIME YOU OR THE WIFE POST IS TO MOAN
so you got hit get over it and be a grownup about it and stop all this moaning between you both it is pathetic
we all suffer with the lag and the white screen of death and as for the amount taken wot are you doing running around with 50+ fame if you dont want to get hit we all get hit you guys hit me so offten it is a pain but i dont post in here all the time crying and saying i will quit grow a back bone suck it up and move on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:39 pm 

I got to agree with Mandy there, you seemed to have no trouble at all today staying away from me. And you where very fast about it to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:18 pm 

hey nim well said my man and mandy you go girl lol i mean this is a game after all see and i posted this mornin about you opening up my can and takin a bite see and take a guess who was the first dog to come sniffin to lick up what might be left in there,yeah it sucks bein small and havin to grow up here in this jungle of the sea lol and enjoying everybodies spin on the things we do in the never ending battle to be top pirate see,say i'm thinkin now after readin css's post about scapes ok and i'm weighin the alternatives see would i rather be larry and make the money and have no social particaption or css and have a lot of fun here,what can i say all my decisions should be so easy to make see.
back to nim's address,yeah ditto, i concure,in full agreement yeah and this is the way i'm seein it after 3 months here is that i'm wantin to be part of the game and ofcourse like most things in life i need a sense of accomplishment to balance with my efforts ok and as you who have been playin there's much for me yet to learn lol ok yet after all i've read and the responces i've received so for from the capt. and bpcb's (1) they seem unusually vague,missin the point and in one case the capt (was it seemed to me)outright dismissive.so there it is,i'm a voluteer here and refuse to take a victums perspective ok,yet i love this game and have a few ideas which i'm pretty certain could launch this game into stardom
again i read somewhere that i shouldn't try to feed a camel that has already spit at me see lol so i refrain from offering these ideas here anymore.
i'm comin to draw the conclusion that perhaps admin is more pennywise and certainly a pound shy.
still hopin to be wrong there so hey worst case
i had fun and am glad to have made many of your acquaintances. and that's on the level see.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:16 pm 

wwsucks wrote:
1) "only players getting anywhere are the ones who are at the top"
2) "obviously they must play constantly"
3) "or were using the script to get there"
4) "these stronger players must have paid in alot so they could get a good head start"
5) "amounts taken...it's just too much"
6) "ditch the stealing"
7) "buy in for a lesser amount via paypal"

1) Lots of players I've chatted with in chat are getting upgrades, and quite a few of those are still green on my radar. Some have even gone from green to blue. They all have low fame when they get hit though, or at least most of the time as far as I know.

2) It's not possible for any of us to play non stop as we all have lives outside the game and computer. The key is to know when to play and when not to bother.

3) No players that I know of are cheating in anyway which includes using scripts to play for them. No one smart would bother, as not only would it risk their account and cashout, but no computer programs are smart. 'AI' is a term for programs made to seem smart, but as the 'A' points out, it's not real intel, just repeated patterns which are easy to notice and work against. That being said there is 1 script I do use, but it's only the 1 script, and it's open source on these forums for all to use. You can see and use the script at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2095 . All it does is time for 20 mins like an egg timer, but unlike an egg timer it doesn't make noise so you won't fall out your seat.

4) Cash won't help you win the game just by putting it in. You would still need to mix the cash with time, planning, reaction time, etc, for it to be of use. You can still get ahead without putting in more cash, it's just about how you play.

5) I think the amounts taken is fine. If you don't have fame then you only lose 1% per hit, which is like losing $1 when you have $100. It does add up if you get hit many times, but that means it's time to get more defence upgrades which will help heaps with that. And for those that choose to run with high fame, then just think of it as gambling that % of the gold you have for the chance to quickly gain more. How much of your gold are you willing to gamble remembering that your upgrades play a part in the amount of chance you have.

6) Again it's a gamble. The only difference being that the player who you attack doesn't need to put in the effort, making it more like a player VS slots machine than it is player VS player. I really like getting out of bed to see I missed a player who is in my logs, but they were nice enough to pay me anyway.

7) Heaps of things have a minimum you can buy and bonuses if you buy more. It's to help cover fees, the time spent by the people working with it, etc. Same applies to why there is a minimum needed for cashout and why it's only once a month. There's no 5 cent coins here anymore as the cost of making them is more than the value of what they are worth. Kind of a hard topic to explain, but there is a purpose behind it all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:50 pm 
the evil pirate

1) "only players getting anywhere are the ones who are at the top"

false.... we are faced doing 7 digit upgrades or going for large cashouts because most of us would rather have $100 bucks instead of a cannon upgrade.

2) "obviously they must play constantly"

true.... top players play every day and usually have the game window open 4-12 hours a day

true.... dont get me started on this subject :(

4) "these stronger players must have paid in alot so they could get a good head start"

false... Myself I havent put 1 cent into the game since the relaunch and I'm sure there is many more like me

5) "amounts taken...it's just too much"

true and false ..... 50% fame should be 50% loss to get the reward you must risk big losses , true for the 1 fame that extra 3-5% loss really stinks as it doesnt encourage pirates to attack others

6) "ditch the stealing"

true... I dont personally like it , at the very least it should be capped at 4-5% max loss of your gold

7) "buy in for a lesser amount via paypal"

true.... discourages newbies from making that first purchase

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:54 pm 
John the Fisherman

so popcan, you seem to frown that face of yours everytime scripts are mentioned

what re your real thoughts on this subject?

if you don't want to post it in public, feel free to pm me

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:58 am 

"and the only players getting anywhere are the ones who are at the top"

Geez, that 20GD this month must have been a mirage.

And Fleets do suck--- those who are acting as fleets, and are as strong as you are, well, you must want the game to fall over dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm 
the evil pirate

CSStriker wrote:

so popcan, you seem to frown that face of yours everytime scripts are mentioned

what re your real thoughts on this subject?

if you don't want to post it in public, feel free to pm me

frankly I dont really care anymore , people can cheat or use scripts all they want .

It's the admins problem and it's up to them to put a stop to it , my time is better spent elsewhere which explains why I dont post in the forums much anymore or visit chat.

http://www.coinscoinscoins.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:14 pm 

It sure does hurt a little when you get hit with fame aye