Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sick of all the high levels attacking all the low levels
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:41 am 

<Sigh> So you think newbies are the only ones getting attacked. So you lose a portion of your intake each day---- we ALL do! You have to make a mental shift away from watching how much you lose to finding better ways to increase what you gain. You gotta mentally write off some of the gold each day--- You will get attacked, someone else will get some of the gold you were carrying, that's how it works. You just have to get smarter in getting the gold, using it for upgrades and eventually you get to see some things I left in this one (that I edited out of the other one) --- some folks Failing to get through, you then keep your hands on some more of the gold than you were able to before.

Then maybe you make a cashout, or maybe you get some offense and give some good cannon ball back.

Why don't you see folks like Dwazzy or Korbabe or others who started after me (one as recent as this past winter) here griping about this? 'Cause they get it. They've found ways to make things work. There's similarities in how they and I make it work, and there are differences.

dragonbane Failure 0 Lost Apr 29 23:43:47
popcan Success 1640 Lost Apr 29 23:33:17
lherring Failure 0 Lost Apr 29 22:29:46
XTKiller Success 1631 Lost Apr 29 20:19:39
Blazinpyro Success 1637 Lost Apr 29 20:00:42
alertclerk Failure 0 Lost Apr 29 18:54:46
ptrdanno Success 1563 Lost Apr 29 14:42:32
MadMorganBonney Success 1570 Lost Apr 29 14:21:21
flkb Success 1586 Lost Apr 29 14:04:07
JacksPirate Success 1602 Lost Apr 29 13:09:02
ratpatrol Success 1562 Lost Apr 29 11:58:23
larryx6 Success 1572 Lost Apr 29 11:56:48
mr_six_shooter Success 1493 Lost Apr 29 08:10:04
flexo Failure 0 Lost Apr 29 06:49:37
Kwlkiwi Success 1484 Lost Apr 29 06:18:05
Nimizts Success 1486 Lost Apr 29 05:10:31

I get the frustration. I really, really do, but this multi-posting is getting a lil rediculous, and pretty much destructive for players who have the potential of understanding some of the strategies (i.e. Farming, fishing, etc) that will lead to success.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 am 

I am getting a little tired of all the griping too. When I started, I was such an idiot, running around attacking everything and having a ball. I certainly took my share of hits (and still do!) Slowly, I began to figure things out. But a lot of players were kind enough to give me advice, and I listened. It has taken a lot of patience to get where I am, which is somewhere in the middle. I am certainly not a big player, but I have moved up and can now hit some of them back. This is what keeps it fun for me.

The big question I must ask is: Why is this making some players so angry? Were you expecting to be top dog and can't handle the thought that you are not? For heavens' sake, it's just a GAME!

By the way, a good deal of why I play this game is because I have met a really terrific group of people here. People like Tiq, Mary, Darkmyst, JWM, Soul, Globell, Striker, XT, Nimizts, Lherring, Korbabe and Janny are regulars whose company I enjoy. Some of them are even (gasp!) friends. Even MrsAir, Smiller, Airrogue, Mandy and Smokey are fun to talk with, when they come to chat. Most of them hit me, but I don't take it personally. That's because there are WAY too many things more important than whining about a game. Take a deep breath, let it out and run around the board having FUN for a change!

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Last edited by dwazzy on Thu May 01, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am 

I have to agree with tiqvah and dwazzy. Very well put, both of you. And thank you dwazzy, you are pretty terrific person too. lol Now back to the game, and that is what it is, a game. Have fun.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:28 pm 

agreed
see i allowed myself to fall into the grip and complain mode there also so i appologize if i rained on anybodies parade ok.yeah and if i'm gonna tell the truth most pirates out there are pretty fair cause i've seen many examples of leniency see,i know i didn't come in here knowing much about the game and i know a little more now than then so yeah it's still fun. the other night i was talkin to one of my favorite pirate advisors and he told me he hadn't upgraded in nearly two months and didn't i feel like a big baby after hearin that.and i remember when i first got here i'd drop into chat and pick up little tid bits here and there and things start to click,ah ha!
and sure isn't tiqvah a cool dude giving all that info out for anybody to grasp,ty tiqvah,like i used to hear in chat all the time have fun
p.s. i like to give some good cannon ball back!
and i just missed dwazzy while writting this post
argh! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:17 am 

Kind of funny for most of you to sit there and say stop posting when I feel like the game is unfair to newbies well I have not seen one of you with the exception of one person even offer me any help in the game. The only help most of you telling me to shut up is what wait attacking me repeatedly. Guess what doesn't really matter I quit.
AND NO I DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE TOP DOG I JUST KIND OF WANTED TO GET A STINKING UPGRADE THAT ONLY COST 25K KIND OF FUNNY WHEN IT TAKES A WEEK TO JUST GET THAT. HERE IS THE DEAL I GOT MY FAME UP TAKE ALL MY GOLD I WON'T BE COMING BACK TO AS YOU SO PUT IT COMPLAIN THAT THE GAME IS UNFAIR TO NEWBIES FACTS ARE FACTS IT IS UNFAIR TO NEWBIES BUT JUST REALLY DON'T CARE THERE ARE TONS OF OTHER ONLINE GAMES THAT I GLADLY PAY TO PLAY. HAVE FUN I AM OUT OF HERE.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:49 am 

ladylove Success 1360 Gained May 06 07:34:23

I got that before reading this post. And if that's the best you can do, we're probably better off without you. See Ya! Can we go back to having fun now?

-Chuckles

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 am 

Its not just posting about frustration, its posting and posting and posting.

To put it in 70's sitcom terms, it's like listening to Fred Sanford talking about when he's gonna have that big heart attack and die and leave it all to LaMont. At one point it was 3-4 within an 8 hour period. We got it, we got it with the second post.

Someone offered you some detailed help, lets see what you do with it, or do we keep going rounds and rounds in this forum?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:04 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

There's going to be some MAJOR updates to the game very, very soon.

One specific thing addressed is how this game is slanted against new players.

It's not going to be solved in the way that you think, though. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:02 pm 

WOO HOO!!!!! Can't wait to see the new changes!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:08 am 
John the Fisherman

*makes big happy anime eyes*

^_^

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am 

How about more resets? Hard to find them sometimes, and when you do there are 3 side by side. maybe spread them out.

kinda of boring just to farm all the time.

I don't think much can be done about the gang bangers. but that is what kills ya, when one finds you and they call their gang to hit you too.

I left for quite a while due to this issue, But thought I would come back to see if anything is different
well shall see

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 am 

speakin of gangs mssdarla
do alfafa and waldo know your out there sailin yer own boat?
if not,i've got a banjo and can read some poetry :P

Quote:
as if thought plunged into the sea of words and came up dripping

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:34 pm 

I guess that was a funny,

My point isn't that other players shouldn't attack, thats the game..so thats fine.

My point is the game is a little unbalanced.

For the newby the upgrades are far off in the distance. A hit can cost you days play.

Leaving you feeling like you'll never get there. so whats the point

When you new you are disoriented and trying to understand the game, the maps, the upgrades etc and then bammmmm

Someone got you and bam then another.

All I am suggesting is change the game to where you have some time to learn the game.

Maybe less is taken per hit or no attacks for a week. or a certain amount of hits in a day, I don't know but something.

Being new and trying to get 57,000 for an upgrade is nearly impossible.

There are so many factors that could be improved on for a newby

My complaint is the game should change something, not the players

So then people quit before learning that it can be a fun game.

Its just sad when people quit, unless your wanting them too?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:50 pm 

Take comfort in this, Seacapt said "there will be changes very, very soon but not what you think." Suppose to help new players in a way that right now is still a secret.
The pain you feel right now is the same thing many pirates have been complainning about for some time now. I have found myself in the crosshairs of fleets and like many didn't like it very much (who would?).
I have found that it does help to go into the chat and get ideas from other players (if you can luck up and find players in the chat lounge that is). Most are friendly and give good advice. Also helps if you can get them to form a truce.
Good luck and stay out of the storms.

Six

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:04 pm 

That great news thanks