Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sick of all the high levels attacking all the low levels
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:26 pm 

You have a limit on one person attacking only 3 times a week. But when you have 30 high level people attacking one person who is carrying lets just say 30k gold everyday. Well they lose 7 to 9k gold everyday how is this fair. Now I know why I never played this game very much. QUESTION: How many times does a low level player ever cash out at all?????? Answer: Never!!!!!!!!! We can't hold on to enough gold because we are constantly being hit if a higher person thinks they can get 300 gold from a lower person they will hit us. THIS IS VERY UNFAIR TO ALL THE LOWER LEVELS. We want to keep playing but why should we if we can never get enough gold to upgrade. There should be a limit on who can attack who. Something to the effect that you can't attack someone who is prehaps 3 levels lower in defense or 3 levels higher in defense or attack. Popcan shouldn't be able to attack me over and over again week after week and that goes for all these other high levels make them attack each other and leave the little one's alone. These guys are to the level that their next upgrade cost 1 million gold but they keep attack the lower levels and all we need is 25k or 35k for an upgrade and we can't even get this because everyone keeps attacking you day after day after day. I sit in the game chat and watch other high level players telling other high level players who is on the move and if they have fame. So now if there are 4 people in chat now everyone knows where you are and they go and attack you too. It seems kind of funny that I would play my money to play this game if I know for a fact I may never have enough money to cash out. I can't keep enough gold to do a 35k upgrade while there is people like popcan and others sitting on 500k to 1 million gold for cash out and I can't get my gold back from them after they hit me. Not very fair. Plus after the conversation with a very high level player last night in chat I will never spend anymore money for more turns and resets as long as I know that there is no way I have any defense against high level players. To me that would just be nuts I can't hold on to enough gold to do low level upgrades and to me the game just isn't fun anymore. It took me almost 5 days to get 35k for an upgrade because with no fame and only island and lagoon hopping I only found very little gold but then I was attack by at least 20 high level players each day these people who know I can't attack them back oh I can attack them but I fail everytime. To me this is a very one sided game only the high levels ever cash out and no matter how long you play it would take years to ever get even close to enough upgrades to keep these people from attacking you. So, I think there should be some limit either on how many times you can be attacked each day or who can attack you. I think prehaps both would be even better, it would give the new players a chance to actually play before they are attacked and robbed and they get truly frustrated and stop playing. FACT: Why would a new player come in the game and spend money on the game if all they are going to do is be attacked and constantly lose their gold and have no defense against higher players. This is very unfair to the newbies and to alot of players. Make those high levels attack each other and leave the newbies alone. Seems to me that would be a good solution to get and keep newbies and other players who seem to not play very much bring more business into the game and more players into the game and keep more players who actually like to play but feel the game is unfair. Just my opinion prehaps this would make the game better for more people.

Post subject: Re: Sick of all the high levels attacking all the low levels
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 pm 

What if there was a chance for new players to buy one upgrade per month via paypal..
the higher the up grade the more it would cost you,the more money going into the game,the lower the cashout would be..
the lower the cash out the more people cashing out to buy ship upgrades,,,ect ect ect
least this way it gives new players a chance to get somewhere
i figure this would bring the level of the new players up to a more formidable opponent..and make it a little more interesting for us older players
gold doubloons could be held in ones treasure chest to either cashout for paypal money or spent on bigger ship upgrades
Just an idea..that maybe needs to be moulded by All players and the admins
This is just an idea and im wondering how people would feel about it
let me know your thoughts and opinions
but please dont bash me if you dissagree..its just a thought

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:21 pm 

just thought of this also
say if you next cannon upgrade was 35k for instance
lets say you could buy that next cannon upgrade for $3.50
the prices could be based around the current prices at the tavern
say you wanna buy a new ship upgrade which for eg. would be
500,000 gold pieces..then lets say you should be able to buy that upgrade for $5.00
this way..the more money you put into the game via paypal..instead of it being stolen from you could make the choice to be able to buy it
something to ponder :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:10 am 

How about a Bronze dubloon for cashout?

Lets say that bronze dubloons cost a fixed amount of 10k...each month any player can cashout 10k (if they have it obviously) for a bronze dubloon, this can be exchanged back at any point back for 10k...smaller players could quickly save a couple of bronze dubloons either to top up for an upgrade or to combine and get an upgrade.

There would be a limit of one bronze dubloon per cashout month.

It kind of builds on the banking/burying idea but these dubloons would be safe as they would go in the treasure chest.

And for higher level players, the odd 10k in dubloons each month won't make much difference. (If my lowest upgrade is about 200k then I'd need 10 months to save enough bronze dubloons!)

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:45 pm 

i like both of those last 2 ideas. At least newbies and mid-players would stand a chance. To be honest, I am ready to quit, myself, since I can't seem to get higher than 50000 gds and like LadyLove said next day you are back down to 15000 to 25000 down with no fame. Then if you try to hit towns and other ships you may acquire 5000-6000 gds only to have a larger pirate come along 3 to 4 different ones, mind you, and take 15000 gds off you in one swipe. It kills you no matter how you play. To Fame or Not To Fame! That is the question......but what the heck is the answer!?! The only players who can have a game plan are the ones who are higher level. They have to plot to keep their gold from each other so the same 10-15 players can cash out each month. I have noticed that Bugabox doesn't seem to play any more and she was a good one who climbed up fast. A lot of others did the same and have quit. This game is dying and it is a slow death. I have loved this game since I joined in Sept, but it is getting so hard. I just don't have the time, not with all my family problems, to devote to it that it requires. I can't be on it 24/7 like some people, and I just can't afford to put money into this game. Granted, the only money I put it was for fame resets, but I was thinking about it, before. Until something is done to level out the playing field, I will not put any more money in even for fame resets. It is a waste of my money. I should just transfer the money to a bigger player right off the bat! If the upgrade system Mrs. Air was talking about I just might decide to do that if it were implanted. The other problem is that until a certtain amount of pirates reach the same high level, I think the levels should be leveled off. I believe there should be only a certain amount of levels, not unlimited levels. Then enter a different pirate realm to start building up. Change of scene, change of islands, change of towns. I have seen games like this and it eliminates the boredom. Plus it would protect the newbies. My one kid is pestering me right now, so My thoughts might not be coming out the right way I mean them. The jist is that something needs to be done and done quick, before this game has no option but to close down. I don't want to see this happen. But if I am getting frustrated, I know others are too. I like my friends here, they are the best, but we are disappearing little by little. My daughter joined a few months back, but it took only 2 months before she up and gave up, crying it was way to hard and not worth it. I just wish things could change and fast. Oh well........good ideas you two had. Just hope somethng happens before it is too late.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:19 pm 
John the Fisherman

MrsAir wrote:
500,000 gold pieces..then lets say you should be able to buy that upgrade for $5.00
this way..the more money you put into the game via paypal..instead of it being stolen from you could make the choice to be able to buy it

I dont like that idea

I would be powerful, but broke

:lol:

in truth, it sounds decent

why not make a membership option, or subscriber if you will...give them special options for their game, such as more assayers open, better gold findings, maybe even a re-bate on gold taken, etc.

the more money the game makes, the more money the game can dish out...it just needs to go to the right players, that includes those that pay along with those that devote their time here

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 pm 

MrsAir wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
gimmi gimmi gimmi
then maybe i'll be able to slap pop back in about maybe a year instead of maybe never!
yet and this is where others might have different opinions is that 3.50 usd buys 200 moves see and there really isn't much chance of a lower or mid-level player getting 35,000gp in 200 moves so it would need to somehow better corelate with present values.sure i think it's a great idea.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm 
John the Fisherman

the problem with that is that when you do purchase something, it should have a benefit for you...here, you buy something, and it MIGHT be a good use to you...but then one mistake and it's all pointless and it helps someone else out

It would be cool if you can find certain upgrade "parts", like a gold cannonball that can increase attack power momentarilly, or find a silver plank that helps defense...

you can either buy these things with your gold in the shops, or trade them to other players!

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:21 am 

These are some great idea's hopefully things will change to make it more fair for the lower level players. I played for a while about a year and half ago but stopped because of the same reason. I came back a few months ago and now I am just as frustrated as I was before. When a game is no longer fun then people stop playing. I am sure this game is fun for the higher level players but for the lower level players it isn't fun at all. I like the bronze dubloon idea but if you are only allowed to cash out at the end of the month for a bronze dubloon that idea would not work. Ofcourse I am not sure how the cash out thing really works since I never have any gold for cashout. It would be great if I got 10k and could cash it out right then for a bronze doubloon and save it in my treasure chest and save them up until I could get enough for an upgrade and lets face it these bronze doubloons could have a limit of 10 (you could hold no more than 10 bronze doubloons in your treasure chest and they could only be used to cash back in for gold for upgrades). This sounds like a great idea to me. And lets face it when your upgrades are costing more than 100k then you are kind of own your own this would For that matter of fact even better idea, lets just say it would cost $5 to use this bronze doubloon option per month. Sounds fair and brings money into the game. So, here would be the idea if you pay $5 you get the extra area of the treasure chest that holds 10 bronze doubloons. You can cash in 10k for 1 bronze doubloons and hold them safely in your treasue chest until you need to upgrade then reverse cash them back in for the 10k gold to upgrade when you have enough bronze doubloons for an upgrade. Lets face it this idea would be a great idea because lets say I have 8k gold and 5 moves I would be willing to buy 200 more moves just to get the extra 2k to store as a bronze doubloon. This allows new players to save gold and get upgrades and not make us such targets for the large pirates. Thank you MrsAir this is a great idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:32 am 
John the Fisherman

ah, I like the idea!

you need to be a "subscriber" in order to use the bronze doubloon idea

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:15 pm 

I have to say, this posting has more than the recommended daily allowance of Irony in it.

Some months ago, I was in a very similar spot--- and it seems to happen right at the 50k gold mark. Could not make any headway as it felt like it was 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Was sitting in the chat room and had a conversation with Globell and with some of their encouragement and building on how they shared how they were playing, I managed to get past the block-- and last month I made gold cashout.. got some SDs the month before. Probably get a few SDs this month as I got some mid level expensive upgrades this month.

These enhancements sound pretty good-- and might help. And I'd also add that one problem is that with high level ships and radar the map is too small. (So I hope whenever Cap gets done with the recoding ship classes 7-10 disappear, or we have a much larger map.) Its too easy for someone with a big ship to cover too much of the map in one day. Striker would argue thats OK because they only get good cash when they catch a mover. I say its only not good gold for them--- but is still a pounding loss for the newer and lower level players when so many attacks can be leveled.

I'd also add that we need a reload of prize pearls to attract new players and give incentive to others. The lil silver bars I got really lifted my spirits and gave me a lot to keep going.

I guess I can't consider myself low level anymore since I've cashed out once. But a few things I did learn are:

1) This is a hard game that does take some effort. But the potential payoff, once you have the a-ha moments are worth it.
2) You have to think creatively in this game. The movement is straightforward but the path to victory is subtle.

If ladylove and globell want to talk some strategy sometime and see if I can help over the hump some, PM me and I'll share what I can.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:42 pm 

I agree with tiq
and also I never did congratulate you ladylove on your prize pearl.
That is something I have never found. Congrats and keep trying,
I was little not so long ago too and I know you can do it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:45 pm 

I have another great idea!!!!!!

WHY CAN'T THE NEW PLAYERS HAVE IMMUNITY????????
WHEN YOU BEGIN THE GAME THE PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE IMMUNITY MEANING THAT NO ONE CAN ATTACK THEM AS LONG AS THEY DON'T ATTACK ANYONE ELSE OR TOWNS. ONCE THE PLAYER FEELS LIKE HE IS HIGH ENOUGH TO ATTACK OTHER PLAYERS THEN HE CAN COME OUT OF IMMUNITY SIMPLY BY ATTACKING ANOTHER PLAYER OR TOWN. IMMUNITY SIMPLY ONLY HOLDS UP AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING NOTHING MORE THAN ISLAND HOPPING OR LAGOON HOPPING. I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA HELP OUT THE NEW PLAYERS AND GET THEM BUILT UP. I WOULD BE WILLING TO CLOSE MY PRESENT ACCOUNT TO START OVER THAT WOULD BE GREAT TO ME. OR SIMPLY HAVE MY ACCOUNT RESET AND START OVER.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:58 am 

popcan Success 176 Lost Apr 30 02:07:20
mopsis Success 205 Lost Apr 30 03:40:55
mws1962 Success 226 Lost Apr 30 05:20:00
ratpatrol Success 265 Lost Apr 30 07:16:12
JacksPirate Success 263 Lost Apr 30 07:17:31
XTKiller Success 298 Lost Apr 30 14:29:52
flkb Success 301 Lost Apr 30 14:29:33
bolifantje Success 302 Lost Apr 30 15:32:41
zigitex Success 319 Lost Apr 30 16:44:46
mandytech Success 313 Lost Apr 30 18:05:21
Plague Success 316 Lost Apr 30 17:42:29
CSStriker Success 319 Lost Apr 30 17:15:38
wilmann Success 303 Lost Apr 30 21:16:32
chi_ra Success 306 Lost Apr 30 20:49:17
alertclerk Success 310 Lost Apr 30 20:31:57

This is the exact crap I am talking about. I am low level trying to save as much gold for an upgrade but how can I when the highest players in the game can attack me this doesn't make any sense. There are a few missing from the list that usually attack everyday I will just conclude the list for right this second this was to give you the idea of the crap I am sick of. This game doesn't make any sense when a high level can attack someone who is pratically a newbie. This is the reason so many people quit after first joining. I wanted to show you how frustrating it is when you are a newbie and all these other long time players have no respect for new players and they repeatedly attack them and never let them upgrade hey guys how long do you think we will keep playing? It will be kind of funny to see all the low level players you steal all the gold from quit then you will actually have to go and island hop and lagoon dive for yourselves instead of stealing it all from new players. Already 12 players have hit me today alone and I am sure before the night is over there will be at least 10 more this is total crap. Wonder why people quit and you only have a few newbies to pick on constantly this is the reason.

LETS SEE I STARTED THE DAY OFF WITH 17600 GOLD AND THROUGH OUT THE DAY I HAD ALMOST 5000 GOLD STOLEN FROM ME ABOUT HALF OF WHAT I FOUND FOR THE DAY NOW TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE??????????

Last edited by ladylove on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:26 pm 

WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE ATTACKING YOU EVERYDAY THIS IS THE REASON WHY NEWBIES QUIT AND NEVER COME
BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!