alertclerk Success 397 Lost May 14 23:11:14
mandytech Success 400 Lost May 14 15:57:17
chi_ra Failure 0 Lost May 14 14:37:44
larryx6 Success 404 Lost May 14 14:20:56
alekhaz Success 408 Lost May 14 11:36:30
ptrdanno Success 302 Lost May 14 08:28:12
mr_six_shooter Success 299 Lost May 14 08:17:16

and this doesn't count the thousands yesterday , one person got over 6000

after farming for days, tonight I couldn't find any resets. so I couldn't lower the fame and all that work gone.

I even have spent money on this game trying....I haven't been able to get an upgrade and without them I will always lose.

So Capt, since it takes so long to help the newbys, you will continue to lose them

There is no way for me to run from these gangs when I cant upgrade my ships.

So they pounce in get you and run and your left with nothing you can do.
you guys keep yelling about the fame being low but not always is there a reset of fame around.

I was gone long enough for some kind of change to be made but it wasn't
I came back to try once more and now I am finished

so go find me and get the rest

Capt you can keep my money

Post subject: Re: I quit again
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 am 

This whole thing of complaining is really getting old. You came back expecting things to be handed to you on a silver plater with little to no work or effort put into it by yourself. Think again, there are no free rides. You had to make changes in the way you played yourself. The game dont change to suit or hand you anything.

MssDarla wrote:
maggieblueelm Success 4434 Lost May 15 00:51:27
lherring Success 11032 Lost May 15 00:31:13
goldpirate Success 11070 Lost May 15 00:28:08

You got caught with fame here, by 3 players who i havent seen working as a fleet. That isnt there fault, the fault lies with you for haveing ran your fame up leaveing your backside wide open to loseing to the gold.

MssDarla wrote:
alertclerk Success 397 Lost May 14 23:11:14
mandytech Success 400 Lost May 14 15:57:17
chi_ra Failure 0 Lost May 14 14:37:44
larryx6 Success 404 Lost May 14 14:20:56
alekhaz Success 408 Lost May 14 11:36:30
ptrdanno Success 302 Lost May 14 08:28:12
mr_six_shooter Success 299 Lost May 14 08:17:16

Dont look like you where doing to bad here, normal loses for running around with little to no fame. You where playing smart here. Of course smartest part of this play style is you where prolly logged out of the game.

MssDarla wrote:
after farming for days, tonight I couldn't find any resets. so I couldn't lower the fame and all that work gone.

Should have learned how to use the ingame mapping feature. Used it to make areas of islands to run to, to look for resets. Most of the time by useing the map this way only time i get caught with fame is when I want to. Otherwise I have found that running fame past 5 is almost impossible by running into a reset in my mapped areas or stumbling on one just running along. Again, its your fault for not changeing your play style.

MssDarla wrote:
I even have spent money on this game trying....I haven't been able to get an upgrade and without them I will always lose.

In an attack run, it is not impossible to run up 30k or more, I dont know how much your upgrades cost, but they cant be more than 50 to 100k, should have been easy for you to get an upgrade at least once a week if not more.

MssDarla wrote:
So Capt, since it takes so long to help the newbys, you will continue to lose them

There is no way for me to run from these gangs when I cant upgrade my ships.

So they pounce in get you and run and your left with nothing you can do.
you guys keep yelling about the fame being low but not always is there a reset of fame around.

I was gone long enough for some kind of change to be made but it wasn't
I came back to try once more and now I am finished

so go find me and get the rest.

There is no one to blame other than yourself for not learning to play the game. You cant get to be one of the top dogs by running around gathering gold and think your not going to get hit. You had to adjust your play style on an almost daily basis. Logging in zooming around the map attacking everything in sight is no way to gather gold. That play style is only for the pricacy list.

I'm sorry your didnt have it in you to adapt to the game an once again have quit like so many before you have. Guess you didnt learn anything other than you are a quiter and cant adjust.

We all lose gold on a daily basis, from the top dog in the game on down to the losest bottom feeder.

You didnt work for it, so you gave up because it wasnt handed to you. Its your fault no one else's, so quit your crying.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:17 am 

I wasn't blaming the people.

You have no clue what your talking about.

I was moving 1 space at a time trying to find a reset of fame. Mapping as I was going

could not find a reset of fame

Your probably right I don't know how to play the game good.

but if a person doesn't feel their moving forward and always going backwards

well never mind, like you said enough said

You wont hear any more complaining from me.

But it would be one thing if I were the only one complaining. but it is most new people.

and it just lays on deaf ears..

and now not only does no one hear, now your saying you don't want to hear it

fine. I will move on

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:20 am 

Quote:
oh well ike, whatever do you mean?
perhaps pokers not your game.
i know, lets have a spelling contest!
doc holiday-tombstone

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:44 am 

oh mssdarla oh mssdarla oh mssdarla piratine
you are lost and gone forever oh mssdarla piratine

please come back!here's a glass of warm milk with honey and 3 chips AHOY cookies to ease your delicate sensiblities and make the game fairer according to: as you see it,sorry you weren't having fun,i get whacked so hard some days it takes hours to stop the ringing in me ears,and then i say to meself,aye what would a fine spring day at sea be if it didn't rain once in a while.
well i'll tell ya!
it's like starting a post and nobody comes to mix it up with ya, that's what it's like see, i need some tissue now!
cya or not, that is the question

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:54 am 

Mapping while carrying Fame? Wow!

That's like robbing the bank while the driver is figuring out the getaway plan!

Its so funny how many folks get impatient, and try to do too many things simultaneously-- and then say that they don't feel they are making progress.

Progress in this game takes time, effort and focus. When you are mapping out some sectors, you map out the sectors and don't attack anything. That way later, you do some attacking and have a map to go back to to hunt up resets!

This is getting lame, and we're losing some players because they can't adapt, but we are losing others because they read the above crap and think that they don't have a chance to succeed either.

VishnuDamnit I really really hope the upcoming changes don't dumb this game down to the lowest common denominator out there.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm 
John the Fisherman

sound slike you needed a bigger ship

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:51 pm 

"I dont know how much your upgrades cost, but they cant be more than 50 to 100k, should have been easy for you to get an upgrade at least once a week if not more."

You're wrong. It's NOT easy to get an upgrade when you get to this level. You can stick to just farming, and everything you make is gone from attacks when you're not logged in. So you have to start attacking. Oh wait. You can't take anything from people who have been here longer than you. It's impossible to move up after a certain time. Face it, it's true.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:03 am 

Actually, its not Sixer. How do I know this? 'Cause in January my upgrades were in the 30-50k range. Right now one of my upgrades is almost 300k if I go for it.

I EASILY got an 80k upgrade in less than a week farming, despite as much as 25 incoming attacks a day.

Whats required to farm for upgrades:

Mapping. And if you are really serious a small map just doesn't do it. My current map is so large that it takes me two days to hit every sector that has an island.

An upgraded Ship for better movement. I really recommend putting all the upgrade dollars into ship movement til you can move at least 5 moves per turn, ignoring defense and offense til you get the fund raising ability.

When I farm with a level 5 ship and really focus on it, (no attacking anything, not a town not a single green dot) I ALWAYS bring in 20-30k a day. So lets see what would have to happen for you to lose an entire days worth of farming with no fame:

sixer wrote:
"I dont know how much your upgrades cost, but they cant be more than 50 to 100k, should have been easy for you to get an upgrade at least once a week if not more."

You're wrong. It's NOT easy to get an upgrade when you get to this level. You can stick to just farming, and everything you make is gone from attacks when you're not logged in. So you have to start attacking. Oh wait. You can't take anything from people who have been here longer than you. It's impossible to move up after a certain time. Face it, it's true.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:06 am 

Lets just estimate 15,000 per day: (with the knowledge that that is actually a low estimate with a level 4 or 5 ship, that 20k+ is actually more realistic.)

Day 1:

15000 in
3000 lost in attacks (assuming 20 incoming attacks)
12000 net

Day 2

12000 already
15000 in
------
5400 lost in attacks (assuming 20 incoming attacks)
------

Day 3

21600 already
15000 in
------
7320 lost in 20 attacks
------
29280 net

Day 4

29280 already
15000 in
------
8860 (lost in 20 attacks)
------

Day 5

------
10085 (lost in 20 attacks)
------

Day 6

------

You play early enough in the day, and you get your 50k upgrade on the 6th day

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:09 am 

So, Sixer, how is it that you can't farm up a 50k upgrade? Is it lack of ship movement? Is your map too small? Are you receiving more than 30 attacks per day EVERY DAY? When I was really in the 50k dumps myself (was stuck there for a couple months til I got a clue), I had some days where I had more than 20 attacks but it was usually only one or two days that week and the rest of the week it was more like 10 or so.

Once I spent some time making a serious map, I started getting 100k upgrades in a week.

Prove my math wrong, or find some other way to explain how I went from 30-50k upgrades to 2 Cashouts for SD and one for GDs in 4 months-- Cause there is no reason you can't make it as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 am 

I'm impressed you took the time to calculate everything. Well done. The issue is that I'm not a big enough nerd to sit down and map this game. I have better things to do with my time. Maybe I should say for the "casual" player there's no chance. I can make roughly 10000 a day farming. Which gets me up to 50,000. 20 hits and it's all gone. Rinse and repeat.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 pm 
John the Fisherman

then that all depends on what kind of player you want to be, I guess

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:01 pm 

So your statement:

sixer wrote:

You're wrong. It's NOT easy to get an upgrade when you get to this level. You can stick to just farming, and everything you make is gone from attacks when you're not logged in. So you have to start attacking. Oh wait. You can't take anything from people who have been here longer than you. It's impossible to move up after a certain time. Face it, it's true..

Is not completely true:

sixer wrote:
I'm impressed you took the time to calculate everything. Well done. The issue is that I'm not a big enough nerd to sit down and map this game. I have better things to do with my time. Maybe I should say for the "casual" player there's no chance. I can make roughly 10000 a day farming. Which gets me up to 50,000. 20 hits and it's all gone. Rinse and repeat.

You've made a choice to limit how you play, thus limiting how far up the chain you can progress. And now of course those of us who have put the extra effort in are 'nerds' (or at least that is the implication of your statement). So thus, its the games fault! Good, nice to know folks tearing down the game here really, really TRIED.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:12 pm 

And a further follow up as a help for those out there who aren't "Nerds" who wish to have a little bit of mapping info.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2499&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=map

CricketChirp has/had a mapping project going with map sharing, sort of a mapping fleet if you will. Now I am ethically against fleets, but since there is no rule against it, a bunch of non-"Nerds" could map a few sectors share em with each other and have one nice map for farming, easily making it so that they can upgrade and do the non-nerdish activities of attacking and running away and such.

(Or is even mapping a few squares too 'nerdish/nerdlike'?)