Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: moves , gold ,storms ,cashout
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am 

I am the grand prize winner. I actually won the laptop, with an extended warranty. This is the only game where I can honestly say I have ever won anything great. Don't lose hope. By the way, the Gateway laptop is fantastic and wasn't cheap either. Keep playing sealander, it is a great, honest game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm 
Crotchedy Old Fart

There have been numerous prizes, from the laptop, an x-box 360, digital cameras, $50 gift certificates to name a few. The reason for the limit was to try and keep it so anyone has a chance to cashout, like what we did the last several months with the challenges. A lot of people give up when they see the same 4 or 5 pirates cashing out every month and they have no chance to get in there. Between adding in the anytime cashout to SD and the limit, it is hoped that more people will have a chance to get cash since it should help lower the amount needed for cashout each month. Also, each and every person has a chance to win a prize, they are not from islands, but from prize pearls that can be found in lagoons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:55 am 

Like BCP19 said, I was just lucky enough to find the right prize pearl. There are still some great prizes left. Check out front page and click on prizes .....it is under the login. You can find out what has been given in the past and what is still left.I am writing this on that same laptop. I love it and SeaCaptainN and BCP19 and PTW and all you pirates. SSSSMMMMMAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!! That was a kiss not a hit...lol!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:34 pm 

I won a $50 gift from Amazon a few months back! Have also won 5 replica dabloons (which are always sitting in front of me when I play). Still looking for a t-shirt pearl if there are any still out there. I think that jwmcn has a good idea about splitting the cashout with pearls found. That would keep the newbies interested. As it stands now I don't see how a newbie would begin to understand mapping with the co-ordinates not posted. It's the experienced players that know how without the co-ordinats. So a prize pearl (and I think it should be rigged so that they find a pearl right away, even if it's only worth .01 gold) would be something that might strike their interest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:35 am 

I totally agree Mr. VI ! Pearls are one of the things that kept me going in the game when I was a newbie. I never found anything worth over .01 for the longest time, but it was still fun finding them.

Sealander, I found a digital camera pearl just last month, so there are some decent prizes still to be had. The game is worth it if you're not just looking for cash. Just have fun with it and enjoy the company of the great pirates around you. Even those on your hit list. Hehe.

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.