Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

is an automatic map maker:-
Cheating? 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Totally OK 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
I dont mind, i wouldnt use it though 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: eXplor3r - Cheating or Legit Utility?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:53 am 

For those of you that don't know, eXplor3r is a utility that i made that automatically creates a personal map for you as you sail around the world. (More info at eXplor3r.net)

One individual has expressed his concern that using this program would be cheating the game, while myself and the ptw owner have the view that it is simply a short cut for those who map using excel.

I have had 37 downloads since it went live last night, but no one has commented yet, i would like to know everyone elses opinion on this subject?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:11 am 
I Rawk The Patch

well, sir... to be honest, I used it and it did not map my moves. When i got done everything was still labled as uncharted territory. Also, the chatroom was not working at all, so it was just easier for me to use the original game. Plus, the scroll bars in the window are a little frustrating. But I think that having a map would be very beneficial, especially for newbies who aren't strong enough to attack someone's defenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:15 am 

Shanell wrote:
well, sir... to be honest, I used it and it did not map my moves.

We have had a minority of cases where the program does not function correctly, we are working on this. But you feel that if it did work for you, you would not be cheating by using it, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:41 am 
Its nothing but 100% cheating LOL

I simply do not see the point in trying to do anything other than click the moves with ya mouse, as the game is set up for.

Why bother playing this game if you cant be bothered playing it correctly.

Why go to the bother of writing a program to do the work for you......if this was the way the game was ment to be played, then I am sure the programmers would have made it that way. But they didnt.

And you do not want to play the game as its intended to be played. Thats why its cheating, cheating the system, and the establishment.

Thats my humble opinion.

Just play the game, and ENJOY IT for the awesome game it is. This site is for Pirate The World.......I feel you are using it to push your personal agenda, and advertise ya sites.

Dont get me wrong, I think that you need to do what ya doing to that other spam site, but this site is no a scam. Its Open, it honest, and its fair.

You doing this, to this site...is not being fair. I think theres a time an place.....this isnt it.

I commend you for ya skills in able to create these programs. Maybe create ya own game with auto mappers in it, and leave those games that are not yours, alone, for the enjoyment of the people that are actually playing the game as its intended to be played.

Food for thought.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:38 am 

enzed wrote:
I simply do not see the point in trying to do anything other than click the moves with ya mouse, as the game is set up for.

Apparently, you palmy boys arn't so smart... if you did ANY research at ALL you would know that i am strongly AGAINST automatic searching/attacking programs. eXplor3r runs in the background while you play the game through a web browser... you are clicking... it shows you what is around you, if you have been there before (it learns the map as you move). The owner of ptw has even recommended keeping a personal map for the tresure hunts. How is this cheating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:41 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

i dont think its cheating when its just keeping a map for you... shanell... i havent had problems with it keeping a map... just w/ the "updated" version of it i get a runtime '9' error... cant read subscripts... whenever i try to go and buy upgrades in a town...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:25 pm 
Its cheating

I with draw my support from this if this is allow.

Silentbob, go destroy another game. And leave this game alone.

Shame on Admin for allowing this to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:49 pm 

SilentBob we've had too many complaints from users about this program so we're going to not be able to allow it. I know you worked hard on it, but you can't post the links for people on here. The wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few. We want to make this game as fun and enjoyable as possible. It can be enjoyed without the use of the program, I feel.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]