Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To eXplor3r users,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:20 pm 

Unfortunately, it seems that the view of the minority has ruined it for the rest of us, eXplor3r is no longer approved by Pirate the World. However, it is still safe to use, as it uses your real browser, they have no way of tracking you. We just cant post about it here anymore.

Just thought you should know without having to go through other topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:30 pm 
The Playful Wench

I was all for using it and started my map. But now, I gotta say that even if I wanted to, I wouldn't use it if you paid me to. You were told politely that because many of the members didn't want it to be allowed, the Admins could not condone it's use. meaning it would be cheating. The poll showed that many considered it cheating. Your post to encourage ohters to cheat after the admins said no is just wrong. The game just started and you want to do something like this. Unreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:36 pm 

Thanks for your opinion, but i'm not going down without a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:40 pm 
Professional Smartass

creatsparkz wrote:
I was all for using it and started my map. But now, I gotta say that even if I wanted to, I wouldn't use it if you paid me to. You were told politely that because many of the members didn't want it to be allowed, the Admins could not condone it's use. meaning it would be cheating. The poll showed that many considered it cheating. Your post to encourage ohters to cheat after the admins said no is just wrong. The game just started and you want to do something like this. Unreal.

i dont feel that if someone thinks that it is cheating, that it is cheating. that is their opinion and might not be fact.

Also, that poll was nowhere near being scentific. it is possible that the poll did not reflect the opinion of all people, only a few of which happened to have a certain opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:46 pm 

Okay guys this is it plain and simple. People threatened to quit over this program being legal. Now of course I can't do anything about you telling people off this site about the program. I can say that it doesn't work very well and you're better off not using it. The game was made without this program and the game works just fine without it. All I'm asking is you refrain from advertising it on here. The map will change eventually to keep the game interesting. This isn't going to happen monthly or anything, but it will happen.

Last edited by shelvock on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm 

jaeger wrote:
i dont feel that if someone thinks that it is cheating, that it is cheating. that is their opinion and might not be fact.

Also, that poll was nowhere near being scentific. it is possible that the poll did not reflect the opinion of all people, only a few of which happened to have a certain opinion.

Exactly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:53 pm 

Well I'm trying to come up with some sort of common ground on this issue. So if anyone has any suggestions leave em here. We don't want a war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:55 pm 

make specific rules pertaining to third party programs, advertising on the forum, paid advertising on ptw, and warnings that programmers have to give, and (if they are fair) i will follow them to the word.

edit: + Publish these rules for all to see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:58 pm 

Alright I will make it so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:00 am 

SilentBob wrote:
i'm not going down without a fight.

Quick fight :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:06 am 
Professional Smartass

so it wont be cheating to use the program, but a bad thing to post a link to it here.

is that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:10 am 

jaeger wrote:
so it wont be cheating to use the program, but a bad thing to post a link to it here.

is that right?

We will have to wait for the rules to know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:10 am 

Yes, there should be no advertising directly on the forums. You also can't sell any maps without our approval because the map is our property of this game, without compensation to us. As long as you keep to your word SilentBob that this program will not ever be made to be like the one from WW. That's what ruined it and you said that would be cheating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:50 am 
-debbieDowner-

SilentBob wrote:
See dude i never really had a problem with this program of yours, and i didn't concider it cheating.. because its only a mapper something you could do your self with a pen and paper. BUT admin has decided that your not aloud to use it.. So i would just drop it and let it go, Play the game by the rules or leave... thats just how it is..

thats how i feel about this whole problem..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:59 am 

vista wrote:
SilentBob wrote:
See dude i never really had a problem with this program of yours, and i didn't concider it cheating.. because its only a mapper something you could do your self with a pen and paper. BUT admin has decided that your not aloud to use it.. So i would just drop it and let it go, Play the game by the rules or leave... thats just how it is..

thats how i feel about this whole problem..

You spoke to soon amigo http://www.piratetheworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169