Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Petition to ban excel
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:31 pm 

This is a petition to ban people from using excel and pieces of paper, or any other method of memory to record the position of locations that can later be retrieved.

As the old saying goes,
Quote:
Its nothing but 100% cheating LOL

I simply do not see the point in trying to do anything other than click the moves with ya mouse, as the game is set up for.

Why bother playing this game if you cant be bothered playing it correctly.

And you do not want to play the game as its intended to be played. Thats why its cheating, cheating the system, and the establishment.

Thats my humble opinion.

Just play the game, and ENJOY IT for the awesome game it is. This site is for Pirate The World.

According to this logic, ANYONE caught writing any series of 1 to 3 numbers then the letters "n","s","w" or "e" should be immediately banned. And because you have made similar decisions in the past, the precedent should hold up, right?

Or are you guys just hippocrites?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:36 pm 
Professional Smartass

lol, good point bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:37 pm 

Okay guys we're not being hippocrites. The program is an auto map generator and people think that it's cheating. They don't find anything wrong with people manually making their maps or using excel. They just didn't like what the program was used for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:38 pm 

I agree with shelvock....

Make your own map fine....ask friends for ship locations fine....but automapping....NO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:41 pm 

The invetion of the motor meant that people no longer had to use horses to travel, or complete strenuous work.

It's called Progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:43 pm 

SilentBob wrote:
The invetion of the motor meant that people no longer had to use horses to travel, or complete strenuous work.

It's called Progress.

Yes but you buy a car......and pay the royalities....you are giving this program free.....see the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:45 pm 

fearthefox wrote:
Yes but you buy a car......and pay the royalities....you are giving this program free.....see the difference.

I have no problem with paying royalties/ fees.. I thought it would be a good way to help the game get started - shelvock declined sighting "Security Issues" (Although i dont see what security issues there might be with me paying money)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:46 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

jamie... thats horrible logic... leaving it open to everyone makes it so not only people w/ money can use it... everyone can and its even chances

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:51 pm 

Quote:
Okay guys this is it plain and simple. People threatened to quit over this program being legal. Now of course I can't do anything about you telling people off this site about the program. I can say that it doesn't work very well and you're better off not using it. The game was made without this program and the game works just fine without it. All I'm asking is you refrain from advertising it on here. The map will change eventually to keep the game interesting. This isn't going to happen monthly or anything, but it will happen.

Deal, i wont advertise it on here if no one is allowed to advertise their sites on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:55 pm 

No one should be advertising any sites on here, unless we agree to some sort of banner exchange.

Post subject: i agree with bob
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:09 am 

I think if you are going to ban one thing you should ban them all.
They both do the samething but one is easyer.
I see no problem with eXplor3r.
before i used it i was using notepad.
since there is no way to stop that way ban eXplor3r.
and the bit about advertising the website, these are public forums i see no problems with him posting a link to a web address.

Last edited by cipher on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:11 am 

The only thing banned is advertising of any third party programs on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:13 am 

we've got somekind of satisfaction with this topic....
http://piratetheworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1219

Shelvock is (hopefully) going to be neutral and make rules that everyone has to follow, and not pick on people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 am 

Yes I'm going to remain neutral as I was in the beginning about this program. Everyone is subject to the rules. My intention was never to pick on people. I wish for everyone to enjoy this game like it should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:36 am 
SilentBob, you need to be banned for you blantant disreguard for the game. Your defiance in using a program that has been banned from use, is not on.

But as its a waste of time in mapping, then you might as well the damn thing. People like you hell bent on always trying to cheat in games, destroy the good name of the game.

Why cant you just play the game as its intended. If its that much beneath you clicking a mouse to move a ship, then why are you here?

And as you will not be banned...this game has fallen into the realms of every other game on the net.

You are a smart man, and you are not happy playing games because you get board. Thats why you have to destroy games by cheating them. Well done man. Well done.

I am but 1 voice condemming you. Take some advice. Just play the game. Dont try to be wise about it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next