Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Day in the Life of MadMorganBonney
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:46 am 

If anything bizarre can happen on a short walk to the post office and the store, it will happen to me. I am just a magnet for the strange.

Sold a book on Amazon. Realized we needed sugar. Wanted to get our local weekly free newspapers too. Shoes on, coats on, book packed, money in the pocket, beautiful, cool spring morning. All is right with the world.

Hit the post office, ship the book. Get the sugar. My son is being a good boy, picking dandelions and sniffing tulips. I stop up at the corner to get the weekly papers out of the boxes and see a billfold/checkbook looking thing. Figuring someone lost it I pop it in the bag with the sugar and paper to take home and see if there's ID in it to call the owner.

Home again, home again, jiggety jig. Off with the shoes and coats. Out of the bag goes the sugar and paper. I check inside the billfold for ID but there is none.

There is, however, a crack pipe and some acoutraments.

Yes, I said a crack pipe. With "accessories" and all.

I don't want to put it in the trash because if the trash should get ripped open by our local raccoons or opossums (armadillos as my neighbor calls them) I wouldn't want one of the local kids to find the thing. I certainly don't want it in my house either so I call the police and explain my situation.

Over comes a very nice officer who checks the thing out, confirms that yes it is indeed a crack pipe and things that go with such and takes all my information for his report while my son tells him all about our walk and how he sniffed, but didn't pick, all the tulips he saw. And that mommy had a crack pipe.

The officer asked me how I knew it was a crack pipe. The only answer was the truth, inane as it is. I have seen them on "Cops". I give the officer credit for keeping a straight face.

I'm staying in for the rest of the day I think! I mean, really, why do I find this kind of stuff and not a bag chock full of unmarked, non-sequential hundred dollar bills??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:29 am 
John the Fisherman

hahaha

that's creepy..I hope I don't find that stuff

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:09 am 

awww man you should've sold the thing! :lol: haha thats a really weird story though. I guess watching tv does help out doesnt it! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:18 pm 

You should have sold it on Ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:58 pm 

I did entertain the thought of putting an ad on Craigslist saying something like...

Hey, crackhead, I found your "billfold" on the corner of X street and Y avenue the other day. If you can describe what's in it, it's probably yours. I'll take my reward in cash please. Unmarked, non-sequential bills is fine.

But then that pesky conscience of mine reared it's ugly head (I can usually stifle it with chocolate but my son ate all the M&Ms) so I did the right thing.

Stupid me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:55 pm 

that's funny. because what is one of the number one excuses that crackheads give when cops on "Cops" catch them with their crack kit. >>>>"I just found this. I saw it laying on the ground and picked it up, but I haven't look in it yet.">>>> Good thing you were not stopped on the way home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:57 pm 
John the Fisherman

mrsludgemaster wrote:
that's funny. because what is one of the number one excuses that crackheads give when cops on "Cops" catch them with their crack kit. >>>>"I just found this. I saw it laying on the ground and picked it up, but I haven't look in it yet.">>>> Good thing you were not stopped on the way home.

hahahaha

I never noticed that before!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman