Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 am 

I know this may seem way off-topic and plus I don't say a whole lot but I felt compelled to say thank you to all on this game. You have helped me laugh for the last six months when I was not wanting to feeling too well. I would read the about the complaints of who hit who (and think they hit me too), the laughing when someone hit someone else (and think how come I didn't make it through) and everything else in between. No I haven’t won anything, yes I have spent a few bucks but it is a game. During this past six months I took a break from other games and kept on coming back here for the hilarious stuff.

I wanted to say something now before I forgot which has happened a lot lately because I was diagnosed with cancer on July 10th. Have gone through chemo, surgeries, shots, pills, tests and more tests but I always came back. My last chemo was Tuesday of last week and still feeling it but know it’s on the upswing. I am going to continue to play and get pounded every so often but wanted to say thanks again for the laughter. I needed it…..

Oh and when you pirates talk about going into "port", I start thinking about the one in my chest they put the drugs through. Ouch!!! Laugh, it's ok.

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 am 

sorry to hear blazin hope everything goes well for you i also had chemmo 2 yrs ago and let me tell you your memory is never the same lol i forget 2 seconds after i do something the chemmo kills those brain cells i think.lol but i am totally enjoying ptw and the monthly resets gives everyone a chance even newbies. take care.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:19 am 
Crotchedy Old Fart

Wow. It is nice to hear that you are doing better, I know of people whose comments on chemo were 'Yea, the treatment is killing me almost as fast as it kills the cancer'.

Good luck and hope everything stays on the positive side for you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 am 

Having known and chatted to you elsewhere i feel for you blazin and hope all the associated pain and problems have done the trick mate!

Life just wouldnt be the same without your name permanently appearing in my attack logs like clockwork :lol:

Having had a tumour successfully removed 2 or 3 years back, the docs decided that as it is one very common to return that i would have to undergo 3 chemo treatments every 6 months as a preventive measure. Although, because of its location, i dont have to have the chemo in the bloodstream the stuff knocks me out for 2 days at least and makes every joint in my body feel like its been hit with a baseball bat, so i can only imagine what others go through, and may i say that when i very un-expectedly went to the top of the ranks last month it was a real nightmare having to try to stay awake long enough to get my dailys done after treatments :lol:

Although im not a religious person my prayers are with you my friend and i wish you the very best xmas and new year!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:58 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I too hope for the best for you in the future.

A pirate who wishes to remain nameless has transferred a gift to your treasure chest. You should take a peek. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:26 pm 

Hey Blaze, gotcha in my prayers too. I lite candles for all my friends and there is one lite for you too. I have loved this game too from the very start that I started and I get a lot of laughs from it too. Ihope you feel better and get better and better. I have found great strength from some of our friends in this game, and I hope you continue to also. I dont have cancer, but I have a back injury and sometimes the cure can be worse than the injury...lol! A few yrs. back the doctors had me on Neuronton. What they didn't tell me was that while it helped minorly with the leg pain caused by the back injury, it also wipes out the brain cells and cuts into your memory....Soooooo....I can honestly say I am brain damaged....lol! I laugh so much thinking about it some times. If we can't laugh, we have nothing....and since we can laugh, we all have each other. Good luck, hon!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:24 am 

Ah blazin, you are in my prayers. Stay strong and keep getting better. I too love this game and have enjoyed the laughs. Hope I gave you some too. lol

Take care my friend...........see ya on the seas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:34 am 

First and foremost that 100 gold doubloons wasn't necessary Capt. :wink: Second thank you for all the kind words. I didn't write this in anyway for sympathy but I seriously just wanted to say thanks...well you know in a joking manner to make people laugh. I am doing better and am going to be that much better soon. I was told on my last chemo there would be no more tests till my year anniversary. I am guessing that from my last chemo not from my first. Now it's one more surgery, to get the port out, and get ready to go back to work.

I was lucky that the drs. were able to get all the cancer before my treatments and I do believe the treatments are worse than the cancer unless you are at the end. My mom passed away with colon cancer last year but they couldn't take it all out and she was fine until the last two months when it started growing out of control. I actually had my first chemo on the day she passed away the year after. I knew she would be there for me and I needed the help.

I have lost six months of my life and career to this disease. Please don't let the lumps and pains go without checking them. I was lucky because I felt it and planned on going in till my son hit me. I went in that day. I ended up having Stage 2 and a cancer which the drs. can't give me a % of where I stand with everyone else because it was so rare. They can't say I didn't get it from my job as a firefighter but can't say I didn't. Hopefully I can go back to work soon and continue being on Kingman's hit list in the future... :lol:

Have a safe holiday season and hope you get everything you want. I did when they said I was done. Thanks again for making me laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:08 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

FYI -- the gift in your treasure chest was *not* from me. :-)

And I think I can speak for the pirate in question in saying that it's not about sympathy but more of a "thank you".

I don't think anyone thought you made the post for sympathy--we're all just happy that you're still here with us!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 am 

Good you're still around and we hope you get better soon Blazinpyro. I like how you can not be well and not be getting much (E.g cash.) from the game, but can still stick around for the fun and for the other players. Am hoping you will get better and will get more from it, but is good to know you'll play either way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:50 pm 

Well thank you to the generous pirate -- is that possible to be both? I believe it is. Thanks again for the kind words from everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 pm 

Blaze, Wishing you the best of times and thinking of you in my prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:33 pm 
John the Fisherman

what a nice little community we got going on!

best of luck to ya, blazin...I always enjoyed watching you sail about while I was ready to go to sleep, haha

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:00 pm 

This is my first time writing in the Forum. After reading your post Blaz, I couldn't stay quiet any longer, it touched me to the core. Sometimes we need reminding that there are others out there finding lifes journey that much harder than our own. My thoughts go out to Blaz and the many others who are in the same boat, (so to speak). Keep smiling and have a great Christmas & New Year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:37 am 

glad to hear your improving blazin its refreshing to know you have the right additude to stay on top of it i too have a medical problem (MS)and can relate to how it changes your life and your perspective about whats important in life which is why i like the fun and interaction this game provides you have my repect for not letting it run your life and i wish you all the best and maybe next month i can go back to hitting you and vice versa (please bcp and sea captain no more 10 hull and nav)how about 10 radar and ship, and in the words of monty python ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE keep well