Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone see the news about the crooked judges from PA.?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm 

Just outta curiousity I was wondering if the news from Luzerne County, Pa about the crooked judges was anywhere else in the country. Mr. Ciavarella was the ..........that sentenced my daughter who was raped to Vision Quest after a little stint at Pa Child Care. My husband and I fought for 3 yrs to get her outta the system and off of probation. She now has emotional, mental, and physical problems from that .......! She quit school because she couldn't keep up out of the system, tried for her GED and failed, all because she wanted to be home and not locked up. She didn't get rape counseling or anything. I am very proud to say, that this Jan. she decided to go back to school and try to graduate. With the help of a wonderful school physcologist and a wonderful guidance counselor she is doing fine. She got a 91 on her first geometry. I am so proud of her. They started her in 11th and she will graduate with my other daughter, just from a different school. Those two judges I hope will get everything they deserve, for using the youth to line their pockets. If you want to know more and didn't hear about it go to:citizensvoice.com/judges
There is gonna be a lot of blood sweat and tears to come, hopefully for them.

Post subject: Re: Anyone see the news about the crooked judges from PA.?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm 

I personnaly hadn't heard about the judges but am very glad to hear that your daughter is doing better and going forward. It must have been hard on you and your husband through the ordeal. I hope the judges get what they deserve.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:58 pm 

I haven't heard about them either but I hope they fry. I am glad to hear that your daughter is doing better now. and I am sorry that she had to go through that. She deserves a better life and getting her education is the first step. I am proud of her.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:07 am 

I'm very, very sorry to hear that your daughter had to go through that, Globell. That she had the strength to go on after such horrific things is a testament to you and your family. Big hugs to you for being such a caring, supportive mother.

I went to the website you listed and my stomach is sick over such huge unjustices. What it has done to the lives of so many children is just horrible. Those men should be required to pay back every bit of that money AND pay the families restitution. So many children were put in there! I am completely outraged, and I'm sure your entire community is as well. I hope their indictments serve as a lesson for any other dirty judges. Ugh. How discouraging.

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:24 pm 

Thank you all for your encouragement. They will be getting their just desserts soon I hope. There are attorneys now look ing into whether or not to do a class action lawsuit or separate suits against him. I personally think there will be a lot of lawsuits against him and he deserves every one. Things like this is one of the reasons why I love this game. It helped take my mind off and relax me during a very hard time in my life. If not for this game, the computor, and all you wonderful pirates out there, I might have gone crazier than I did. I guess what really bothered me with all this, was that she had to testify against her rapist while she was in Vison Quest locked up. We could only visit her 2-4 times a month. Her crime was that she couldn't deal with the rape and went to schoool drunk. That is how we found out about the rape. I guess you can tell how much I can't stand that judge! Well, once I again, I just want to thank all of you for your kind words or encouragement and prayers. I love you all. And prayers back at you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:53 am 

I hadn't heard the news. Sorry to hear your daughter had to go through something like that, and then was punished for trying to cope. There's just so many wrong things there which would impact the whole family, including that they probably made out you and the hubby to be bad. I hope the rapist got dealt with properly also.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:40 pm 

Thanks Ralph. He did. That was one of the things that really got my husband and myself. She was forced to testify from Vision Quest. They knew she wasn't lying because he confessed after she testified. What got us was she "had to be punished" according to that crooked b..............! Trying to deal with it wasn't enough.....and she didn't want us to know since she felt like we had enough going on with both us being disabled. So we didn't even know until she went to school drunk and got a call from the school. I knew something was wrong, but she kept telling no, don't worry. So until the school called and her and her friend started spouting about Liz being drunk, we knew nothing. The sad thing in all this is that the first hearing, my husband and I snuck into his office and made sure he was aware of her being raped just 1 1/2 months ahead of time. He didn't want to know...and told us she still had to be punished for her sins. Well, now it is his turn. Just keep her and us in prayers as we are gonna need it.....Thanks for caring.

Gloria

globell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:16 pm 

Gloria this is for your daughter :

Our Father
Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from the evil one
For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory
Forever and ever, Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 am 

I will Janny. It is hard to forgive but knowing that God is punishing him makes it a little better. I just when I see my Liz hurting. Strange in all this, she has gotten closer to God for which I have prayed for for many yrs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:01 pm 

Forgiveness comes with time, I know for a fact.
What is important right now is that she knows she is loved no matter what and it wasn't her fault
I came to realize that after the many trials and tribulations in my life God has always been there helping me.
I am now happy with who I am and I accept what happens in life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:03 am 

from the details you gave she was raped twice, once by the criminal and once by the system. This is a sad system we have at times. It is better than most but when judges abuse their power the worst parts of it come out. Your daughter will be in my prayers and thoughts. It will take time but the best thing is that you have gotten in touch with a person to treat her and it seems to be working because she is driven to do well in class. Good luck to her, you and your family. marshall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 am 

Thank you so much for your kind words. Liz reads this forum and realizes just how much support she has and is grateful as I am too. Thnak goodness I have my pirate friends to keep me sane.....lol!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:30 pm 

wow, so sorry to hear about this. I try and keep up with the news from all around and I had not heard about that either. my heart and prayers go to you and your family! keep strong, and I hope justice is done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 pm 

As a mother of two boys (one on Earth, one in Ether) I cannot imagine my child having to go through anything so horrible. A mother's heart just aches hearing things like this!

I hope the crooked judges are judged just as harshly as they have given.

And I am so proud for you that your precious child has risen above and excelled!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am 

Thank you so much all of you for being there. You are gratefully appreciated.