Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you do it
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:29 pm 

Everyone has something different in different parts of the world and I was just wondering

.....How do you bring in the New Year?

my family always has kraut and pork!!

Post subject: Re: How do you do it
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:29 am 

what we do here to bring in the new year is get liquored up and shoot off our shotguns and then 8 hours later when we get out of the drunk tank at the sheriff's office we go back home take a little nap and cook blackeyed peas with neckbones and cornbread lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:50 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

lol this year was not my usual new years celebration, but....

1. I went to see the movie Avatar.
2. While inside the theater, almost 3 inches of snow accumulated on the ground.
3. With the snow putting a kink in my evening plans, I stayed in with my roommate, had tasty tasty bean soup for dinner that had been in the crock pot all day, played games, watched movies, and drank margaritas until now.

Happy new year everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:40 am 

For me it is to take my very attractive wife to a party. She loves dancing and I sit around and watch and then dance the slow dances with her. Can someone tell me why it is that there is always some guy at every party that we go to that thinks it's ok to go around and hit on all the married women at the party? Last night was no different but lucky for him most of the married women had very understanding husbands this time (well, except for one). I watched this guy hug and in some cases kind of grab women and forcibly kiss them. A couple of times the husbands or dates were standing right there when it happend. My wife could see the steam building between my ears and asked if it was time to go. So just after midnight and we left a couple hours earlier than normal. His wife was there getting pissed off by the minute also and I just didn't want to wait around and see who was going to kick his ass first, his wife or some date/husband.
Didn't mean to sound like I was complainning because other than that it was a great party.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:53 am 

rickrude24 wrote:
what we do here to bring in the new year is get liquored up and shoot off our shotguns and then 8 hours later when we get out of the drunk tank at the sheriff's office we go back home take a little nap and cook blackeyed peas with neckbones and cornbread lol

rick are you my neighbor? lol sounds like what some of the good ole boys around here do. and I don't say that as it is a bad thing lol
sounds like you had a good time as well as SeaCapt and 6 shooter. Sorry about your party 6, but there always is a jerk somewhere at a party. Glad you and your wife had a good time anyway. :D

Wish more would have posted, it is fun finding out what other people do for New Years but I guess they thought this was a dumb post.. or maybe they just don't do anything now as they grow older lmao ....oh well ... Happy New Year