Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello again!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:09 pm 

I'm genuinely surprised that this site is still coasting along, and that there are some fimiliar names still active on this board! I see we've all done a bit of growing up in the years that I've been gone - hope you're all doing well. I ended up finishing a business degree, then became a drifter and have been working all over Europe for the past couple of years, I'm currently living in London doing some good old fashioned online marketing analysis.

The other reason I'm here is to rally the troops. I happened to log in to hotmail (the first time in years) and saw seacap'n online. After a nostalgic chat, I began to convince him to reboot this project (with the development of in-game and video advertising, and the emergence of facebook/mobile games, i think it could do quite well in today's environment) - he's busy with life though, and it'll never get done as a one man project, so I'm proposing a group project to get it going - if anyone has developed special skills (web and mobile development, design, testing, marketing, management) over the past few years, and is prepared to commit to this project, I would urge you to post here - let seacap'n know you're serious, because it's never going to get done if he's in it alone.

Post subject: Re: Hello again!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:18 pm 

Hello and welcome back SilentBob! Good to see your name pop up again.

Your proposal sounds very interesting and I feel it would also be a go with the additions you suggested. I am glad that someone heard from SeaCapt and that he is doing well. We all wish he would reboot this game and get it back to what it should be, that is why some of us are still here. We love this game and it is hard not to play it even though it is getting harder and harder to get the upgrades. Anyway, I would help all I can; don't know much about the writing of the games but there are several here that I think do. I would help by way of promoting the game. I don't invite anyone right now because it would be useless to try and bring new people in where everyones stats are so high. The new people just don't stay long right now with not many playing.

The only problem with your proposal is that SeaCapt hasn't signed in since April 13th. Your next problem is getting him to sign in and see the posts.

Again good to see ya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:29 pm 
John the Fisherman

I can test and such, haha. I'm still floating around. Good to see you return, even if only for a bit! I'd love to see this get rebooted!

i'm sure we would all agree! Seeing this on Facebook or something similar..it could get HUGE.

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 pm 

I would be no good you technologically but I will help by continuing to play :) :)