Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My poker strategy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:37 pm 

I dunno if anyone else here plays poker, but i get together with my friends and we play texas hold'em for a few hours with a $5 buy in. I've tried card counting, but its alot of work and only helps one in every 100 hands or so.. so ive come up with this:

(in texas holdem, you get two pocket cards (your private cards) and 5 community cards... you can use any 5 cards out of the 7 to make up your hand)

If my pocket cards are:
Not royal: if the difference between the numbers is more than 2, look at my watch. if its in the first 6 seconds of the minute, bluff. if not, fold.

Are royal: if the other card is lower than 8, look at my watch. if its in the first 6 seconds of the minute, bluff. if not, fold.

in all other cases i play them.

Does anyone else play and have a good strategy you want to share?

ps. the watch and 6 second thing is because i like to bluff 10% of the time when i have crap cards... 6 secs is 10% of a minute, so that just makes it random!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:03 pm 

Um...... Go all in on the first hand if you have pocket aces, then tell everybody you have pocket aces, nobody will believe you and they will try to convince the person with the best hand(who wants to fold it) that you have nothing(because they think you have nothing) However they will finally convince him to call, and you WILL win the hand(pocket aces on the first hand never lose, know from experience). Other than that your strategy seems fine, mine is different in that i just call the blinds with almost any hand, hardly every bluff, just try to catch some cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:07 pm 

Dumpy25 wrote:
(pocket aces on the first hand never lose, know from experience).

yeah but that would only really work once, they would call your bluff every other time.

i have lost with pocket aces before... what if the community cards are 7 8 9 10 and someone has a jack? instant straight. i guess it would be wiser to tell everyone you have pocket jokers (we leave them in as being wild). but then the chances of that are pretty low... even lower than pocket aces, so im sure everyone else would call your bluff aswell.

Dumpy25 wrote:
i just call the blinds with almost any hand, hardly every bluff, just try to catch some cards.

Yeah... usually i dont really follow my plan.. depending on how everyone else reacts. "Oh damn" usually means they got good cards, while thinking then being excited usually means their bluffing. The stink thing is that the people i play with are really loose so they will keep calling me when i bluff and usually win :( lol

edit: or maybe i just give it away too easily when im bluffing. lol. Note to myself: look at your watch when you have good cards as well as **** ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:26 pm 

dumpy you do realize that that is not smart. i play with like $100 buy ins, haha we will pick off your tell in no time. nice try though. best advise just play. come up with a better stratagy if you ever wanna make some big bucks