Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: leaderboard
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:07 am 

ok see im a lower level player green to most i havent really been playing like i should have been lately untill like 4 days ago right......well since my name was posted its like my flags have become large dart boards and them same with my g/f cutiewithabooty and i dont mean to complain but we both agree that all that board does is single out players that are on the go and collecting money.....for instense i was cruising the world and ran across LordAmbush and i happened to stop in front of him....i didnt think he was playing so i paused and waited a sec to see if he would do something and he didnt....but like 40 moves later i lost 1500 gold to him so he just followed me and let me collect more money and then he decided to hit me at a store right before i tried to buy a upgrade.........and i know for a fact that i am a green dot on his radar......so all this leaderboard is doing is targeting players....like i said i dont mean to complain or anything...im simply suggesting that maybe something could be done about this...

and if there is already a thread for this topic i apologize for posting a new topic but i couldnt find the other one if there is one

nate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:15 am 

Hi. I didn't see you the first time. I was cruising around attacking everything in sight and did hit you for a good amount. I didn't see you move and didn't know you were active.

cutiewithabooty has already hit me 3 or for times in the last two weeks, so I definitely watch for her and hit her tonight I think.

No hard feelings. I agree with you though, the board will probably put a target on us. Even posting here puts a target on us. That's the negative effect of real fame.

But I already get hit a lot by the usual suspects, SeaCaptainN, NiceNaughtyNurse, popcan, Fearthefox, etc...

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:16 am 
Beware of Kitty

I don't think it's so much the leaderboard, if your playing and you see a ship moving that is when you usually get attacked unless your a blue ship then they get you the 3 times your allowed in a week. Because if your moving there is a chance that you have fame and they can get more from you that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:21 am 

You realize that we want people chasing each other and attacking other pirates. It's all part of the chase and the fun of the game. I didn't set out to make a boring tedious game and I really hope it hasn't turned into that. We're working on new ways of making the game more exciting and the leardboard ranks will do that. As I said before just because you're on the leaderboard doesn't mean anyone will get jack from you. If you're worried about fame you can purchase a fame reset. Some people do some don't it's all up to you. If I was playing this game I could be at number 1 and still cashout without purchasing something. I have played other games like it and found it no problem to deal with bigger players. You need to find what works for you and develop your own strategy. If you notice someone following you you can stop or try and outrun them. I find it hard to believe anyone could track you easily if you were just moving randomly in certain directions in under a second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:58 am 

the leaderboard does draw attention to you look and see

attack log

Cutthroat_Kate Success Aug 05 00:31:05
Cremaster Success Aug 04 19:47:45
Cutthroat_Kate Success Aug 04 17:41:32
Nolita Success Aug 04 15:44:15
fearthefox Success Aug 04 13:44:23
neo98292 Success Aug 04 13:44:20
Meshell Success Aug 04 13:02:06
kath2367 Success Aug 04 11:20:53
huskerswrkhavoc Success Aug 03 23:53:49
fearthefox Success Aug 03 21:45:02

none of these pple ever hit me before i was on the leaderboard.......ok i can see one or 2 of the higher/mid level players hitting me...but let see there is 5 higher/mid level players that have hit me.....coincidence...mmmm...i think not....lol...oh and there are other players that have hit me other than them...lol

well i guess thats how it goes...but i think my point is proven...

nate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:41 am 

Wow there's just somethihg really wrong with making it to the forum in less than a month before I've even joined it. :roll:

We're not supposed to farm the islands and apparently we're not supposed to attack either if 2 attacks gets you here. :?