Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game Impressions - Sugestions
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:30 pm 
Overall i think this is a really cool game.

But I think some things need to be imporved or more clear.

1. How do your level affect how much gold you steal from someone? Someone attacked me for 43 gold and i have lvl 1 defense. I attacked them with lvl 2 cannon and lvl 1 crew and i only steal 30 gold?

2. The map needs to be much smaller. I run into 1-3 pirates a day and when I attack the most i get is 40 gold. You should be stealing more gold from pirates then from islands and towns.

3. Whats the diffrence between cannons and crew? In the FAQ they appear to do the same thing so why have 2?

4. It would be cool to have like a leaderboard to see who the best pirate is.

I like the game a lot and enjoy playing I think with the addition of the above, the game will run very smooth and even funner to play.

Thanks
Skinz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:39 pm 
Official PTW Bastard

the map size is fine. youll see tons of people when there are more players, and you upgrade your radar and ship. right now theres like 140 players between 16000 spaces or so, so obviously people will be rare.

we do need clarification on how the stats work though.

we also need a suggestions forum.

Post subject: Re: Game Impressions - Sugestions
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:50 pm 
-debbieDowner-

Skinz wrote:
1. How do your level affect how much gold you steal from someone? Someone attacked me for 43 gold and i have lvl 1 defense. I attacked them with lvl 2 cannon and lvl 1 crew and i only steal 30 gold?
Im sure that hasnt been told so you will have to figure it out for your self.. Don't want this game to be too easy, you have to work for the money you get.

Skinz wrote:
2. The map needs to be much smaller. I run into 1-3 pirates a day and when I attack the most i get is 40 gold. You should be stealing more gold from pirates then from islands and towns.
I think the map is fine.. for now all you need to worry about is hitting towns and islands, because thats where the real money is.

Skinz wrote:
3. Whats the diffrence between cannons and crew? In the FAQ they appear to do the same thing so why have 2?
thats just the thing, this game isnt like sharkwars, or wealthwars.. the stats are much more complicated.. If this makes more sence to you.. If you have 5 cannons on your ship? who runs them.. You need crew to run your cannons.. thats why there is 2 for attack. This game is more than just your 4 stats.. (attack, fort, secruity, and stealth)

Skinz wrote:
4. It would be cool to have like a leaderboard to see who the best pirate is.
Im sure this will be done as soon as all the game issues have been figured out.. thats a to-do not must-do

Hope that gives ya some info... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:12 pm 

Your fame level determines how much gold is stolen from you. It basically works like this (fame*.01)+ (modifier) = percent of gold stolen. The higher your fame level the higher percentage of gold plundered.

The leaderboards are coming. We're updating things daily.

The map is fine. It's your radar that needs to increase. Once you reach a ten radar you can see 100 spaces at a time to attack. Radar is going to be a key feature to get.

All stats are used and factored into gameplay. We can't give away too much other than cannons and crew will affect your power, hull and navigation will affect your defense, observation will help you to see their defense and compare your power to it and show you a color of the pirate based on whether you will succeed or not, and navigation also helps to keep them from seeing how strong your defense is.

We want to make this game the best it can possibly be. We will take every suggestion into consideration. We are here for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:00 am 
so the higher your fame level the more gold you steal from others or the more gold is stolen from you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:15 am 
-debbieDowner-

Skinz wrote:
so the higher your fame level the more gold you steal from others or the more gold is stolen from you?
the more gold thats stolen from you im guessing? i dunno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:16 am 
Spasm Master

ya - more gold that is stolen form you - fame level is bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:01 am 
Official PTW Wench

mattmc419 wrote:
ya - more gold that is stolen form you - fame level is bad

Your "fame" level is actually your infamy level. Fame is a good thing, infamy is bad. :) Clear as mud, no? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:31 pm 
i suggest along with Pirates on the map there should be MERCHANt ships that travel along the map. That way you can plunder them and get loads of cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:38 pm 

That's why we made towns guest. Right now all towns have a defense of 0. You will get more depending on the level of the town.