All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Total reset on restart
Yes 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
no 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:20 pm 

Quote:
Flawed attacking script is one of the big reasons. That and who knows when or if this game will ever go back to paying. Redo the attack script set everyone to 0 stats and begin the game over again. All this free time to do upgrades does not do anyone any good.

However if it was part of the rules that you'r stats got cut in half upon cashing out that may make a big difference. Otherwise with the way it is, it will allways stay like it is, you will have those who have not, and those who have.

Once again I think the big issue is being missed here. The game belongs to the admin. They can do what they want with it. They could reset everyones hull to zero today. Then everyone will have something new to bitch about.

There is a story from my childhood. A hen wanted to make bread. She asked who will help me fetch the water for the bread and the cow said not I and the duck said not I, and the horse said....... etc. She asked who would help her gather the grain for the bread and the cow said not I and the duck said not I, and the horse said............ etc After every step in the bread making process she asked the same question and the answer she got was "not I"

She finished the bread and asked who will help me eat the bread? The cow said I will, the duck said I will ............ So at the end everyone wanted to be equal and eat the bread but no one wanted to put the effort out to bake the bread.

This story sure makes a point when you change the animals to things like rich guys, poor guys, republicans, democrats, big oil, green peace, and PTW players and PTW whinners.

When I started playing PTW I would have loved a reset so all the hard work others did would go down the drain and I would not have to try so hard.

I think the game would be much more enjoyable for all if everyone would just play the game the admin offers us.

As for the "flawed attacking script" that was implemented to even up the low players and high stat players, sort of not make stats so important so that the newbees could hit popcan, jack pot, and buy upgrades so they could be come a high stat player. The one thing admin has given to accomplish the leveling of the playing field has been bad mouthed from day one (myself included). If you really can not stand the game quit. If not adapt and learn.

Sorry for the rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:50 pm 

Cremaster when the "flawed attacking script" is referred to. I believe it was meant in the context of players hitting each other and not being credited with the booty etc... Rather than the stats being altered to accomodate new players. At least that's what I thought it was in reference to.

Quote:
Once again I think the big issue is being missed here. The game belongs to the admin. They can do what they want with it. They could reset everyones hull to zero today. Then everyone will have something new to bitch about.

Yes, that's a valid point. They are free to make any changes they see fit. But I personally feel that it's good to get other people's varying points of view in an open forum. Whether or not they listen to that or take it into account when implementing major changes is another matter entirely :wink:

Last edited by myboardnick on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:40 pm 

The admins seem to have gone awol, hope they are working on that new game :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:07 pm 

Perhaps shelvock is working on a new & improved ptw as we speak :D Also I think he is in the middle of his finals? which is probably why he's not been around. Now you mention it Repustech hasn't been on the forums for ages though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:09 pm 

myboardnick wrote:
Cremaster when the "flawed attacking script" is referred to. I believe it was meant in the context of players hitting each other and not being credited with the booty etc... Rather than the stats being altered to accomodate new players. At least that's what I thought it was in reference to.

Yes I guess I was not clear. The origional post I was replying to used the term attack script or something like that so I just did not change it in an attempt in an attempt to not confuse anyone. As usual I seem to have muddied the water again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:04 am 

Quote:
As usual I seem to have muddied the water again.

No not at all. I understand where your coming from. In terms of the point you made above. There is a very thin line between peeps discussing the issue reasonably and an out-and-out bitch and whine <smiles>

Post subject: reset
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:46 pm 

I wasn't aware the cashout option wasn't happening anymore...why are we still playing then? Will it be started up again, why are we not able to cashout. I admit I don't access the forum much lately so am not on the heads up. Also, if there is going to be a reset, the sooner the better I say...that way we are not wasting our time for nothing. I love this game and look forward to playing everyday..I don't mind putting a little $$ towards my fame etc, but I was looking forward to the day that I could actually cash out and recoop some of my expenses.

WWSUCKS