It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Total reset on restart
Yes 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
no 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Total Reset on restart........if it even restarts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:14 am 

I belive that there should be a total reset of eveyone, once the game restarts. If it ever does.

my thoughts.
1. The main page should be updated to show the game is not paying cash outs for the time being. With it being left the way it is people will join thinking they are working for prizes and maybe even a cash out.

2. All players should be reset, what with the rampant cheating going on and there not being a cash out currently you have some players who are not even playing and then you have some who are just building up stats.

3. Current attack code has to be changed, to more reflect a persons stats rather than a lucky chance of odds on hitting someone.

4. The big question is will the game ever restart....or will the admin continue it the way it is now and keep collecting the revnue from the advertiseing and people unknowingly purchaseing moves. (as posted in the forum now some are still purchaseing moves.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:44 am 

Quote:
All players should be reset, what with the rampant cheating going on

Despite the fact that this topic always sparks a mass debate, I voted no again.

Nimizts, surely a reset would punish everyone for the actions of a few. And I personally do see it as a punishment. Mind if I ask why you're in favour of a stat reset apart from the reason above? btw huskers...huskers.. where are you buddy? it's another "let's reset the game" topic :) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:16 pm 

are votes dont matter.as long as there is 1 person that can cry very well ( he has proven he can )then it wont work out. and because by the time admin gets here it will be locked cuz i hav posted in it.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:48 pm 

Quote:
Mind if I ask why you're in favour of a stat reset apart from the reason above?

Flawed attacking script is one of the big reasons. That and who knows when or if this game will ever go back to paying. Redo the attack script set everyone to 0 stats and begin the game over again. All this free time to do upgrades does not do anyone any good.

However if it was part of the rules that you'r stats got cut in half upon cashing out that may make a big difference. Otherwise with the way it is, it will allways stay like it is, you will have those who have not, and those who have.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:54 pm 
John the Fisherman

I kinda liked an idea with however many multiples of 20 you cashout, then you lose that many stats points for each stat, besides radar and ship

cashout 20$ = loss of a cannon, hull, navigation, crew, and observation
cashout 40$ = loss of 2 cannons, hulls, navigations, crews, and observations

etc.

all I know is that I have been working hard and putting a good bit of time and effort into building my stats, and would hate to see all that go to waste...

but I would love to see this game go in full swing again

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:17 pm 

working hard?!? i thought u u started gave up then started again? thats doesnt seem like working hard to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:35 pm 

Quote:
all I know is that I have been working hard and putting a good bit of time and effort into building my stats, and would hate to see all that go to waste...

Absolutely!! I couldn't agree with you more. A flawed attacking script does not warrant resetting everybodys stats in my eyes. If anything the game needs to be temporary taken offline to work out those issues. In fairness to the admin they did try that. Until everybody started getting withdrawals (myself included) :D

I would really like to see more people voting on this, one way or the other. I suspect it would break down overall as: Medium/High level players = No reset. Newbies = Reset. Not all votes would go like this but I suspect that would end up the average. Striker, I think that's also a good idea you have with regard to cashout. Depending on how much a person takes out of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:01 pm 
John the Fisherman

1rocco wrote:
working hard?!? i thought u u started gave up then started again? thats doesnt seem like working hard to me

I have recently been working hard on this game...

I did play, then I stopped, then I came back...

now I upped my strategy and it is paying off..it's a lot of fun

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:06 pm 
John the Fisherman

myboardnick wrote:
Striker, I think that's also a good idea you have with regard to cashout. Depending on how much a person takes out of the game.

yeah...

seeing as how some people were able to stay on top and keep cashing out, with that in mind, it might make them want to re-think about cashing out 240$ next time...

(nothing against you seacap..haha)

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:44 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

myboardnick wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely!! I couldn't agree with you more. A flawed attacking script does not warrant resetting everybodys stats in my eyes. If anything the game needs to be temporary taken offline to work out those issues. In fairness to the admin they did try that. Until everybody started getting withdrawals (myself included) :D

I would really like to see more people voting on this, one way or the other. I suspect it would break down overall as: Medium/High level players = No reset. Newbies = Reset. Not all votes would go like this but I suspect that would end up the average. Striker, I think that's also a good idea you have with regard to cashout. Depending on how much a person takes out of the game.

i am going to 100% disagree with the statement i bolded..

i have been 100% FOR a reset the whole time... all along.. and to say that a flawed attack script doesnt warrant a reset just shows how little time you have been here... the attack problems are HUGE... there are people who have upgraded because they didnt lose the 120k they were hit for.. or didnt upgrade b/c they didnt get their 80k they hit someone for... i would be willing to guess the middle stats would be VERY mixed up if it wasnt for this attacking scheme...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:45 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

CSStriker wrote:
myboardnick wrote:
Striker, I think that's also a good idea you have with regard to cashout. Depending on how much a person takes out of the game.

yeah...

seeing as how some people were able to stay on top and keep cashing out, with that in mind, it might make them want to re-think about cashing out 240$ next time...

(nothing against you seacap..haha)

and as to say with that.. capt hasnt taken over half the earnings he is deserved.. hes has let them be put back into the game to get the nice prizes that were out there to be won...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:05 pm 
John the Fisherman

haha

yeah, I wasn't saying that to show that people win tons of money, it was more of a statement to show just how much gold one can be able to hold at cashout

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:12 pm 

Quote:
i have been 100% FOR a reset the whole time... all along

Yeah of course I know that :D And I enjoy debating it with you even if we disagree. Hence the friendly, semi-humorous, comment above :wink:

Quote:
and to say that a flawed attack script doesnt warrant a reset just shows how little time you have been here... the attack problems are HUGE... there are people who have upgraded because they didnt lose the 120k they were hit for..

That's a a bit harsh! I'm not so new that I wasn't around when the changes happened. And the attack problems are happening I don't deny that. But to suggest they happen on a scale to justify a complete stat reset.... well that simply doesn't wash with me. let's say 20% (conservative estimate) of all hits are affected by the attack bug. What about the other 80%? It's certainly not happening on a large enough scale (in my opinion!) to make any difference to the level pirates are at. What about all the legitimate pirating. The attack bug has only happened to me once since the changes where made. So I have reached the level I am at currently through legitimately investing time in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:52 pm 
Bros Before Hoes

oh i would disagree it doesnt affect levels.. espeically one you get up.. with 250k a ONE fame hit can cost you 17-22 grand... which is a TON.. now think of running w/ fame.. getting hit for 100k of that.. and not losing it... then upgrade 30 minutes later cause you got lucky... i mean its legit...

and i dont think its the ONLY reason to reset.. i think that the cashout levels are way to high.. i thikn that the upgrades are way to expensive.. just simple little opinions, but yea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 pm 

As i have stated before, i am in favour of a reset, i have high stats and don't mind losing them tbh, thats if the system reverts back to the old one.