Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:06 pm 

whats good for the goose is good for the gander

i asked a general question and you tell me to get a life
read my question first before you start jumping all over me
it was a general question with no names attached to it
and you go and make it personal seems to me you the one who needs to go get a life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:12 pm 
the evil pirate

now my post to deal with the hypocrits

TAZ arent you launching your own game?

what about the plans you made this month to discourage players from playing PTW which would only benefit you getting more members on your site, care to talk about those?

if capt trust you then that's up to him but i know for a fact your a backstabber... once a backstabber always a backstabber.

now i will open everyones eyes as to who has been actually been taking advantage of the bug. if this bug is so easy to fix then why wait for other people to fall into it by accident and then call them a cheater?

how long did all of you know about the bug?

since im a dumb cheater i will show all of you how a "smart cheater" would take advantage of the bug.

to avoid the log detection a "smart cheater" would set us a radar web and as soon as someone appeared they would run over with the ship that is visible on the screen. basically a single pirate could double his radar and never get caught.

now apply this to a "team strategy" where 4-5 pirates double their radars which would basically catch every mover in 1 whole quadrant.

Now all you finger pointers can put your finger where the sun doesnt shine because your group knew about the bug way before anyone else did, before i ruined your "smart cheater" strategy and you had to "report" the bug how many people did you guys swoop in and get?

Tazomatic wrote:
Thanks husk, fell right into it, lol run to popcan and give him the chat details.

Didn't you say that using a bug is ok? i'll post the logs if you want, as its not a written law.

I don't care what you said to pop, post the rest of the log to show to others, didn't i say that using a bug is considered cheating? and what did seacaptainn say after you said it wasn't a written law.

Plus i said if he used a bug then action should be taken against him, not that he used a bug, don't just post snippets and make it look bad on me when others said they would use a bug to there advantage too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:18 pm 
the evil pirate

MrsAir wrote:
whats good for the goose is good for the gander

i asked a general question and you tell me to get a life
read my question first before you start jumping all over me
it was a general question with no names attached to it
and you go and make it personal seems to me you the one who needs to go get a life

what would sinking a ship have to do with a radar bug?

the post was NOT general and was directed directly at me as I WON THE SHIP SINKING race last month

get my point now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:25 pm 

not all of us know what the radar bug is and frankly i dont give 2 craps about it about it
and since i know nothing about what the heck the radar bug is how would i know what its purpose isand or how to use it,all i asked was does it have anything to do with the amount of ships sunk last month
yeesh

you worry too much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:37 pm 

Now you know that is full of **** popcan, I reported that bug long before fkb posted about you attacking him, I gave seacaptainn everything i knew about it and only used it when seacaptainn told me too.

On my game part your so full of ****, whats the banner on my game ****, yes its a banner to PIRATE THE WORLD so if i wanted to **** ptw over i wouldn't put it there right? your just pissed because fkb ratted you out.

Seacaptainn would you like proof that i don't want this game to die? sorry to bring you into this but i'm sick of being accussed.

Think before you post popcan, and don't accuse people of using 2 radars when you know nothing.

Actually I see where this is going and i **** quit, I really liked this game but a twat just has to spoil things.

Do as you please popcan, i know you will and my game will not be a cashout game so this site is safe now go **** yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:43 pm 

i have recently found out what the bug is and youre right it had nothing to do with the amount of ships sunk
you have openly told everyone that you used it to your advantage
once an accident,twice maybe a double accident,but possibly up to 10 x
wheres the accident in that
sounds like cheating to me
we all have lag issues but we all dont use game exploits in our favour
this to me and seen by many other players as a cheat and therefore should be dealt with in a cheaters fashion
Capt has already said he will ban those caught cheating
look what happened to random kitty
we all have lag issues and we all have to just deal with it
if we were all to start using this game exploit the server lag would be so intense that no one could play
the rules in the game say that if you find an exploits,test it out then report it to capt or bcp
if not reported you will be classed as a cheater and dealt with accordingly

im sure i speak for alot of people to keep this game honest
but its not alot of fun when someone can see you move from the other side of the map

ill still play cause i like this game and im sure the admins will deal with this issue accordingly
im not gonna sit here and bitch people out but im sure after people read my post they will surely agree with what i have to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:16 pm 
the evil pirate

http://forum.piratetheworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=2105

i started this thread BEFORE i even knew the bug existed

did i go looking for a bug? the answer is no

if i didnt have to use 2 browsers i would of never known about the bug nor would of I looked for it and everyone that knows me, knows that.

why was the bug out there for a month and not fixed? if someone falling into a bug that was out there for so long to be considered a cheater.

if they admins want to roll back the questionable hits they can do that , i will amount to around 15k during a 5 hour period.

if the admins want to ban me than I will respect their decision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:37 pm 

Quote:
did i go looking for a bug? the answer is no

Does not matter if where looking for a bug or not, you found one, and by the sounds of it continued to use it to your advantage. In fact you used it by your own admission for as much as 10 hits on others. 1 time to find the bug, 2 times to test it, third time should have been to show the admins. should be no more hits than that.

Quote:
if i didnt have to use 2 browsers i would of never known about the bug nor would of I looked for it and everyone that knows me, knows that.

I can think of no reason why you would have 2 browsers open at once to the same page, other than to use it in a questionable way. If one was giveing you trouble you should have closed it to then open the other one.

Quote:
why was the bug out there for a month and not fixed? if someone falling into a bug that was out there for so long to be considered a cheater.

The time it takes to get a bug fixed does not mean you can continue to use itor think that it is ok to use it. Question is, did you report it to the admins? or just go on about useing it.

Quote:
if they admins want to roll back the questionable hits they can do that , i will amount to around 15k during a 5 hour period.

A roll back? you got to be kidding. You used a bug to your advantage by your own admission. Now you think all you should get out of it is to have 15k taken from you.

Quote:
if the admins want to ban me than I will respect their decision

For a person who knowingly used a bug to there advantage, this is the only possible punishment they should recive. anything less is unfair to the rest of the players, and to those you used the bug against.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:55 pm 
the evil pirate

if ANYONE else would of stumbled onto this their wouldnt be such UPROAR

how come unclegar andrew and they other cheaters are still allowed to play and they cheated over a 1-2 month period and i had a working radar while i was farming for the first time in 1 month.

if i have to switch browsers by logging in and logging out when im going for 400k upgrades than i will quit before being banned. i have been doing it for speed and not cheating . you realize how much gold i lose with 1 fame when the upgrades are that high? then you will see my point about getting quick fame resets.

hopefully an admin can post their decision sometime tonight and get this issue over with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm 

if you were doing it for speed to find a reset
then why did you attack people using it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:42 pm 

now heres my suggestion
Popcan and Ptw to me go hand in hand like meat in a burger,i have played with popcan for so long that ptw wouldnt be ptw without popcan
the simple solution is
all the gold be returned and any upgrades you may have gained be reset back to their original state to the amount of gold accidently of course taken while using the bug
it be written into the game and clearley stated when people sign on that using multiple browsers or logging in more than once at a time will result in your account being banned
it can be written into the game
as for quitting the game before quitting using multiple browsers thats up to you buddy
you will have to play to the rules like everyone else and love it or lump it
i believe giving someone a second chance and i believe this is a viable solution and i hope people will comment or some sort of variation to my posted solution
lets try and make the game fair for everyone

P.S if anyone has gold and fame ill be looking for you ingame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:08 pm 
the evil pirate

MrsAir wrote:
if you were doing it for speed to find a reset
then why did you attack people using it

dont you attack movers while you are looking for a reset? i do

the reason i attacked is because it was the 1st time i had live radar while farming in over 1 month. i dont even want to think of all the movers i have missed while farming. one of my best weapons is to fishfarm and that weapon has been non-existent for so long.

at least tonight while i farm tonight the firefox screen follows my movements and now i have eyes again to hit movers.

i never noticed the bug before because i would always switch off all the live stuff to give me that little bit of extra speed we all crave, the night i noticed it was because i misclicked the off switch seen a mover and hit him, i then continued looking for a reset on IE . this game is robotic at times as we enter a groove and dont always notice things right away, i had 250k on board that night and i wasnt wasting any time getting rid of fame as there wasnt a shortage of movers that night, i honestly dont know how many were illegal and how many were not, only the admins know and will show me my mistakes, im thinking 4-5 for 15k but it could be more or less, i really dont know

we can all beat this issue to death, i came to the forums to clear this up and hopefully it has helped, the admins know what has happened and i will accept whatever decision they make.

I probably wont post much anymore until i hear from the admins.

im willing to come into chat but only if its a civil conversation between adults

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:22 pm 

popcan wrote:
FF i use to hunt with but changing ships lags out the browser really bad making me an easy target when i have fame, i then switch over to IE when i can island hop extremely fast and find resets in under 1 minute but my radar blinks or is completely black when the radar is live.

If only one of the radars in the two browsers used worked then how could popcan know that a ship wasn't showing in both radars?
It would show in the details of of the attack where you both were but do many people even check that section often?
Or is there an easy way for the user to know about this bug when first finding it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:22 pm 

im always a civil person till i start getting my chains yanked in the wrong direction

lets not flog this dead bush anymore and try to get something sorted out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:18 pm 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Okay--I go away for a day for my sister's high school graduation and chaos ensues on the forums. lol

I said that "action would be taken". I never said anything about banning, though what we will do has not been decided yet.

Everyone knows how competitive strategy games, and lots of people try to use every thing they can to try to get a little edge over the other players.

This has nothing to do with all of the sinkings previously. That had to do with a lot of players all signing up at the same time (March).

If there are bugs that people find, I would hope that they would be reported so I can work on fixing them as soon as possible.

I believe that exploiting this particular "find" is technically cheating, but the hole has been closed and the damage can be un-done fairly easily.

I'm sure that there were other things in this post that I forgot to address, but I am going to lock it now as it has become very hostile. Settle down everyone.

P.S. popcan: is there really a bug that allows you to see who will sink? PM me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next