Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: question about attacking
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am 

how isn't a blue one attacks me and get 1900 no my fame is zero and I attack back,,,they have to have a fame of at least 1 and I win maybe 300

and when one attacks,,,a few buddies show up behind them and attack as well
Are there alliances?

is there really anyway for a newbies to get anywhere? Blue attack me and get most my stash, I attack and get 2 gold coins

Or failed. So why aren't they red? Don't make me blue when there isn't a chance in hell of winning anything, make them red
So I will run fast...
This game needs to be a little more balanced out.

So someone please explain this to me...(and please don't tell me its posted somewhere else.)

just my opinion, I just don't get the feeling that newbies are welcomed here except for some new meat to attack. people who don't know how to play very well. and then they leave.

Soooo this explains why most of you have been here longer and have ships to sink. is that enough?

What should be in a pearl is a free week of no attacks on a newbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:03 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

I like the idea about the week of protection being found in a pearl... I'm still trying to think of ways of protecting newbies without having too many unseen consequences on the rest of the gameplay.

As to alliances, there is currently no *official* way for people to form alliances, however lots of people play together via chat, AIM, teamspeak or something. So I'm not surprised that when you get hit once by someone who has friends their friends will be there soon.

As to why aren't they red? If someone's navigation is higher than your observation, then they appear blue to you, regardless of whether or not you will succeed on them. Blue means "you don't know" how strong they are. It's kind of like their higher navigation level allows them to "mask" their abilities from your observation level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:42 am 

Thanks for the response.

As to why aren't they red? If someone's navigation is higher than your observation, then they appear blue to you, regardless of whether or not you will succeed on them. Blue means "you don't know" how strong they are. It's kind of like their higher navigation level allows them to "mask" their abilities from your observation level.

Then I feel this is a problem.... as a newbie it wasn't the way I understood it. Shouldn't it be based on the defense and attack levels.

One more thing:

Why sometimes when I attack the message reads
"You can't attack "name" anymore this week"

and regulars attack me everyday of the week

I do enjoy the challenge of your game but I am not sure the stress of hitting only Islands to add my gold only to have most taken by the "Street gang of pirates" each day. lol

I cant afford to attack because it will raise my fame.
ok I wont say anymore . Urg

But you must know this is what chases the newbies away :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:15 pm 

From the How to Play page on the topic of Attacking (italics added):

Pirates can show up as 3 different colors on your radar, based on your and their upgrades. Upgrading Observation increases your chances of determining someone else's color.

Green:

Your attack upgrades are higher than their defense upgrades. You have a good chance of succeeding.

Blue:

Your attack is the same as their defense, so the attack could go either way. Also, if your Observation is less than their Navigation, you may not be able to tell whether they are green or red.

Red:

Your attack is less than their defense. You will probably not succeed, although there is a slim chance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been here 6 weeks or so-- which probably means I am still a shiny noob in the grand scheme of things, but I'll comment anyways.

This game looks simple but you gotta know the details. Read the how to play more than once, and see if you get new things out of it.

Also, this thing is not something you play on autopilot. You have to think, plan, react to really get ahead. Even the time of day you play is important sometimes when you are on an attack rampage.

Now as far as the whole chat-team gang up thing--- Im sorry, but thats just strikes me as completely poor sportsmanship. We're all here as independent competitors, and honestly, I think alliances of any sort should be discouraged. Its what really impacts Exodus, the fact you have a hard time succeeding unless you are part of the big big team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:19 pm 

MssDarla wrote:
One more thing:

Why sometimes when I attack the message reads
"You can't attack "name" anymore this week"

and regulars attack me everyday of the week

Regulars can't attack you every day of the week. No one can attack another pirate more than 3 times per week. I know of pirates who keep track of how many times they have hit people and save their attacks for later, so they don't run into the 3X limit. You're definitely getting attacked every day, but it's not by the same person each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:32 pm 

yes I have read the forums and the how to play many times. I understand how it is played.

Regulars can't attack you every day of the week. No one can attack another pirate more than 3 times per week. I know of pirates who keep track of how many times they have hit people and save their attacks for later, so they don't run into the 3X limit. You're definitely getting attacked every day, but it's not by the same person each day.

You are right I know... I guess it feels like everyday...lol

I was only adding my opinion...which doesn't add up to squat

but maybe would help the people running this game to understand the frustrations of people who are trying to enjoy the game but end up quitting and why they do.

and yes there are gang bangers here. but I don't really see how that can stop. Except try to stay out of bad neighborhoods.
and if I hang in there, I will plot my revenge. trust me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:46 pm 

MssDarla wrote:
and if I hang in there, I will plot my revenge. trust me...

That's an awesome attitude! Thanks for the comments, too. I've said it before, but I'll say it again -- I read and consider every post on the forums. :-D It's all in my head somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:35 am 

Thought on group attacks:

How about once a ship is attacked it is 'safe' for 5 or 10 mins?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:37 pm 
John the Fisherman

tiqvah wrote:
Thought on group attacks:

How about once a ship is attacked it is 'safe' for 5 or 10 mins?

Not bad!

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re: question about attacking
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:51 pm 

i hit everyone isee, cuz you never know when you might get lucky..creates a lot of enemies, but whatever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:15 pm 
John the Fisherman

that also gives you more chances to sink ships

I want to be a fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:23 pm 

im also finding that true, and quite rewarding lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:54 pm 

It can be... sometimes though you need to move quick lest you get zapped by a passing aircraft carrier or whatever the higher class ships are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:12 pm 
John the Fisherman

maybe a bigger ship is in order!

I want to be a fisherman

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:29 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

tiqvah wrote:
From the How to Play page on the topic of Attacking (italics added):

Now as far as the whole chat-team gang up thing--- Im sorry, but thats just strikes me as completely poor sportsmanship. We're all here as independent competitors, and honestly, I think alliances of any sort should be discouraged. Its what really impacts Exodus, the fact you have a hard time succeeding unless you are part of the big big team.

//This is how life goes though.. Even the dreaded black beard had a fleet of pirate ships on the seas not all commanded by him but a loose alliance. Thats just how the cookie crumbles. Even those not in alliances help each other out at times. I have a special pal o mine that even would chase down a ship for me, yet wouldn't hesitate to smack me for gold either. Thats fine with me. It would be impossible to stop this from happening. And i find it to be a great part of the game. If i know a few of my "friends" are on, thats less "active pirates" on the seas i have to worry about as well.

Ya dont have to be part of any group to succeed. Play smart. If you leave your ships sitting with gold and lotsa fame thats your own dang fault, I will be sure to come alleviate you of some of it too. :twisted: