Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbies... Its really not that bad!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 pm 
Sadistically Sane Sailor

I kinda feel this post is in order after perusing the forum Ive noticed an abundance of horror stories that would likely deter any new comers from joining. But in all aspects its really not that bad or hard of a game to succeed in.

I'm just gonna toss out a few tips I'm sure some of the vets could elaborate on as well.

When you Bran new to the game, you almost have to acquire fame to upgrade quickly, there's almost no avoiding it since you cant see far yet or hit many pirates for much gold. In that aspect i highly suggest you "zig zag" across the map. This worked very well fro me in gaining gold fast. If you a straight mover you can hit long stretches of nothing an waste many moves for that.

It would also be wise not to just hit any ship out there... Some people fish, and that mainly means to wait for you to hit and then hit you back for more gold than you did or did not take because you now have 1 or 3 fame depending if you failed or succeeded. Lord knows ive strucka few ONLY because they hit me first, other wise i woulda have ignored them and let them be.

While you cant control who finds you while your away, it would be wise to take a note of who hits you and when... get an idea of there general playing times and learn who to stay away from! Some are not as kind as others!

NEVER if at all possible leave your ship sitting with fame,unless you have no gold or dont want any by the time you get back! If you find a fame reset and still have 200 moves, try to hit only islands! Its better to only gain 2k from islands and keep 0 fame than gain 10k from towns and lose it all in a few hits!

Utilize the tools the admins have givin you! This would include the mapping option of 500 spaces ( dont map random spots!) its best to map out little or one long string to hit up every day. Utilize the "scan option" on your radar and attack log... this will give you real time info on whats goin on! And the best for tips, advice and maybe averting some pirates form hitting you is "chat" Ive overlooked a few hits simply becuase i like someones attitude in chat, and ive probably gottin hit a few times simply for having a msart mouth to some big biys in chat. Regardless, theres usually someone there willing to give a friendly piece of advice or help you out in some way!

Also SeacaptianN is working on ideas for newbie protection and or inctentives to stay and grow. Go captianN!

I have more to list but i have to head off to work. Maybe some big boys can throw out a few more bones about this..
Best wishes!