Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: attack percentage
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:28 am 

How does the game calculate what gets taken when you get attacked. I've been told that with fame 1 you lose 1%. What percentage is taken when you have zero fame?

according to my stats this morning it doesnt seem to make any difference with zero fame or fame 1 -
with zero fame I still lost 1% - it added up to 13663 loss in attacks since yesterday - zero fame

seems a bit high doesn't it?

Post subject: Re: attack percentage
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:53 pm 

So far as i know:
with fame 0 = loses 1% / fame 1 = loses 3% / fame 2 = loses 4% and so on +1% for each extra fame, with a max. losses of 50% !!!

Earlier others and myself did a suggestion for a lower loses by fame (about 50% of what it takes now) ...
and specialy for new players that will be very good to help protecting them.
Maybe it is something to come in the future... ???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:02 pm 

especially when not playing some sort of handicaps need to be implimented like anchors or something so that when not playing loses are less and newbies can get some upgrades to keep them interested
in addition perhaps powder keggs required to resupply(reset) for the pirate once you upgrade to a particular point of cannons upgrade same as cannons water barrells reset when a pirate achieves certain level of crew members if neglected a negative affect with attack strength and a munitity by crew members or even some crew abandening ship if without water reset
this would help level the field and increase recruitment that would stick around if the more powerful pirates were required to compete at there own level. less water and powder stores reduced and like wise if attacking the top twenty newbies and below cetain upgrade levels reduction in stores increase theres plenty that could or dare i say should be incorporated if you want more and in one pirates opinion better action at sea shoot if the amount of pirates gets to great well just increase the grid in the quads to say 400 from 200 if i wanted to sell more moves ect.ect.ect.the way i see it and hey i don't know realy how much work this actually involves admin yet i believe this game has huge,tremedous potential alas it's not my job so good luck to us all aye. ofcourse there will still remain those daring and less wise newbies who will try and take on the big pirate girls and boys and then the steal would be better justified
never mind i think i'll go talk to parker bros.yes i can flater myself sometimes too. ahmm

sorry if i went off topic i see now that this should have been in suggestions thread yet i don't type well at all so please excuse the mishap
thank you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 pm 
John the Fisherman

I believe the level of the attacker's crew creates the new % in terms of gold taken from an attack...

once fame is 1 or over, then crew gets put into play

I think it's something along the lines of (crew/4)+fame level+1

One of the harvesters of the sea

I think before my days are done

I want to be a fisherman