Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fame level glitch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:05 pm 

I leave my fame level at 0 every time I leave ptw before my moves are done, and I leave before my moves are done most of the time, However, when I come back in a couple hours, my fame level has gone up to between 60 and 80 and my gold is gone(not fair, since my fame level was 0 when I left) ptw does this all the time to me and noone will help me with this problem...so if there is anyone else out there with this problem please let me know, because this is a sure sign of a scam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

not that I know much of anything ;)
but I have never heard of this happening to anyone

ptr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:12 pm 

[quote="ptrdanno"]not that I know much of anything ;)

ptr[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a scam, but some of the stuff I have read in the forum by ptw, sure makes it sound like they have something to defend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:13 pm 
Beware of Kitty

This has never happend to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:21 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

dlaidlawca wrote:
ptrdanno wrote:
not that I know much of anything ;)

ptr

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a scam, but some of the stuff I have read in the forum by ptw, sure makes it sound like they have something to defend

You cannot have been here for very long to believe this. This goes back to the comment of when did you stop battering your spouse question as there is nothing for PTW to defend.

If you have conspiracy theories, you need to take a good look at what you are thinking and how you are arriving at that opinion. I would be curious as to any post here that has indicated that PTW is defending anything. Only someone with a lack of knowledge of the site and people behind it would even insinuate anything of that nature

ptr

Post subject: Opinions
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:38 pm 

[quote="ptrdanno"][quote="dlaidlawca"][quote="ptrdanno"]not that I know much of anything ;)

ptr[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a scam, but some of the stuff I have read in the forum by ptw, sure makes it sound like they have something to defend[/quote]

You cannot have been here for very long to believe this. This goes back to the comment of when did you stop battering your spouse question as there is nothing for PTW to defend.

If you have conspiracy theories, you need to take a good look at what you are thinking and how you are arriving at that opinion. I would be curious as to any post here that has indicated that PTW is defending anything. Only someone with a lack of knowledge of the site and people behind it would even insinuate anything of that nature

ptr[/quote]

it seems to me that I have been trying to contact ptw for three weeks about this problem and have had no response....it also took as long to get the confirmation email to use the forum. I paid ptw to advertise on the site, in which they graciously took the money but did not post the banner.
I am merely using the info and facts that I have to come up with logical thinking on the matter......ptw has had no intention of fixing my problem and I have given up trying to get them to help.some of the statements in other posts, indicate something fishy(I wish I knew a little more about the crew) You (ptr) need to read the posts by ptw. there are quite a few that refer to other sites AS scams. this is where I think they have something to defend. Please read this reply very carefully, and you will understand where I am coming from

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:13 pm 

I just replied to your email. Just in case you did not get the email I am posting it here as well.
Quote:
it seems to me that I have been trying to contact ptw for three weeks about this problem and have had no response....it also took as long to get the confirmation email to use the forum. I paid ptw to advertise on the site, in which they graciously took the money but did not post the banner.
I am merely using the info and facts that I have to come up with logical thinking on the matter......ptw has had no intention of fixing my problem and I have given up trying to get them to help.some of the statements in other posts, indicate something fishy(I wish I knew a little more about the crew) You (ptr) need to read the posts by ptw. there are quite a few that refer to other sites AS scams. this is where I think they have something to defend. Please read this reply very carefully, and you will understand where I am coming from

Last edited by repustech on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:15 pm 

Here is the 1st email I replied to shortly after I received it which I never got a reply from.
Code:
Thanks for contacting PTW.

We offer a couple different options for that price. Please have a look below and let me know which package you are interested in. Right now Package 3 is not available, but will be in the next couple of days. We offer both ad banner or text link advertising for that price. Also, we accept PayPal & StormPay for payment.

Advertising Options & Rates
Rotated Banner Ads:

Package 1: Rotated in the PTW Game window. (Most Traffic)
$99 /month
$29 /week

Package 2: Rotated on the main Home Page and the Sign-Up page.
$99 /month
$29 /week
http://www.piratetheworld.com
http://www.piratetheworld.com/signup.php

Package 3: Rotated on the member forum at the top of the page.
$49 /month
$14 /week
http://www.piratetheworld.com/forum/

Package 4: Rotated on all other pages that are not mentioned above.
$49 /month
$14 /week

------------------------------------------------
Text Links:

AdBrite: You can purchase advertising through AdBrite and your text link ad will be displayed in the PTW game window. To purchase through AdBrite use the following link.
http://dir.adbrite.com/?search=pirate+the+world

Static Link: We offer a text link option that displays on all pages excluding the game window and forum. It's the box that reads our advertisers on the left.
$49 /month
$14 /week

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. If I can help you any further, please let me know. Thanks,

PTW Team

----- Original Message -----
To: admin@piratetheworld.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: Advertising

Hi, I would like to advertise on your site for 1 week......the $14 package.  please let me know if this includes a banner or text only.....the advertisement will be for www.we-sellonline.com .... also, Do you accept Paypal????

Visit www.we-sellonline.com  online auctions

www.showshinecloth.com

Get better traffic results  visit today  http://www.advertiserpro.com/portal.asp?ID=727

Last edited by repustech on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:17 pm 

2nd email I just replied to....
Code:
Greetings,

Before you start accusing PTW of scamming you, please let us try to figure out what the problem is. Let me see if I understand what your issues are.

1. You can't upgrade? Please explain in detail so we can understand "it wont allow me to upgrade".
2. If you logout of PTW and your fame is 0, there is no way for it to increase while you are away unless someone else is playing your account.
3. You think we are a scam. You are accusing us of scamming when you have never even contacted us before or given us a chance to look into your problems.
4. You cannot signup to the forum? What seems to be the problem? Explain in detail.
5. You paid for banner advertising? Please give me the website address and info this is regarding.
6. You think we are discriminating? I have never heard from you before so how could that be?

Please get back to me with your game username so we can get this straightened out. Thanks

Jason
PTW Team

----- Original Message -----
To: admin@piratetheworld.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:54 PM
Subject: ptw account

Hi, I cannot do anything with my account......every time I get enough gold for an upgrade it wont allow me to upgrade...

every time I leave ptw before my moves are finished I make sure my fame level is back to zero......later when I check it is is between 60 and 80 and all my gold has been taken(not fair) I was reading the forum and it talked about w.w being a scam????????????... no matter what I do I am forced to allow my gold to be taken....after all, because I am not allowed to upgrade...what good is it????? I have lost over 15,000 gold because of this, not counting all the gold that was understandably taken.....I cannot sign up to chat in the forum........what the hell is going on....I hate reading that another site is a scam when the accusing site has screwed me left right and center...........I paid for banner advertising and nobody has seen the banner, and ptw did not show up in the referrer list...........Please explain to me, why PTW has done all this.....is there some discrimination involved here.....I have done nothing wrong to deserve this treatment...I would at least appreciate getting my money back for the advertisement banner...and some percentage of what you have made from my being a member of your site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:21 pm 

I will check PayPal for the payment you sent as that could have been overlooked. I assure you that I am not ignoring you or trying to rip you off. We will get this worked out ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:21 am 

I have talked to this user personally (on chat) and have looked into the problems. There was a miscommunication and a general misunderstanding on both parts. All is well now. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:50 am 

As a member of this site and the forums for awhile now I never thought "anything was going on" other than some person not knowing exactly what they were talking about. And to anyone that has even a slight amount of doubt about PTW I refer you to ptr's second post.
You guys (the admins) have been nothing but helpful and have bent over backwords in most cases to make sure everyone is happy. I just want to say that you are doing a great job and I appreciate all the hard work you have put into this site. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:56 am 

Yeah we have nothing to defend because we are good honest people. Ptr knows, he should be getting his xbox soon enough and he can take a picture and show it to all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:29 am 

at first i was thinking about some provocation to discriminate PTW, but now i think you are just THAT smart :roll:
Quote:
...and some percentage of what you have made from my being a member of your site[/code]

Last edited by megadog on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:14 am 
The Doom-Bringer / Site Admin

Does anyone know why his fame was going up? Was he sleep-playing? :-)