Pirate The World - Online Adventure Game

Pirate The World Game Forums
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:37 pm 

Hi,

My mate wants to play, so he can be my reffural. My brother also wants to play but we have the same IP address as we live together. Therefore he cant be my reffural, so can he be my mates reffural as that will mean our IP address will be both the reffured and the reffural

ME - MY MATE - MYBrother

hope this is clear, dont want to break any rules and have my ship sunk.

Kind regards
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:39 pm 
Spasm Master

i am not sure i completely understand what you are saying lol, but if i do, then it sounds alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:59 pm 

ok, so if i reffur my mate and then my mate reffurs my brother who will be using the same computer as me as my brother and i share the same computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:12 pm 
Beware of the Black Spot

smiller wrote:
ok, so if i reffur my mate and then my mate reffurs my brother who will be using the same computer as me as my brother and i share the same computer.

That should be fine. Just don't attack each other and I believe you wil not have any issues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:28 pm 

As long as your referral does not have the same IP as you, its ok. If I understand you correctly there won’t be any problems. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:46 pm 

Well, I hope we aren't doing anything wrong. Diana is living here in my house, but she signed up on another computer. We both have our computers on line in a network over Earthlink DSL, they sit right next to each other. Doesn't each computer have their own address?

Please tell me it's ok as there is no way we can afford two internet servers coming into one house! We were thrilled to discover that we could add her computer for only $5 a month, but had to buy their equipment which cost a chunk.

Of course you can trust the government, ask any Indian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:50 pm 

If you are sharing an internet connection, you are sharing an IP address. If you are not attacking her and she is not your referral, all is ok.
santarra wrote:
Well, I hope we aren't doing anything wrong. Diana is living here in my house, but she signed up on another computer. We both have our computers on line in a network over Earthlink DSL, they sit right next to each other. Doesn't each computer have their own address?

Please tell me it's ok as there is no way we can afford two internet servers coming into one house! We were thrilled to discover that we could add her computer for only $5 a month, but had to buy their equipment which cost a chunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:56 pm 

Yes, she is my referal, but we do not attack each other. If this isn't ok, is there someway we could let someone else refer her without ruining her account as she's worked really hard to get where she is. I don't mind giving her up, that's easier and probably cheaper than getting another ISP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:01 pm 

We can just un-link the referral and all will be ok. All of her stats would stay the same. Please PM me both usernames that you are in regards to. Thanks
santarra wrote:
Yes, she is my referal, but we do not attack each other. If this isn't ok, is there someway we could let someone else refer her without ruining her account as she's worked really hard to get where she is. I don't mind giving her up, that's easier and probably cheaper than getting another ISP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:10 pm 

Done!

Both Phatch and Vinnie can vouch that we are two seperate people, we met them and their girlfriends a few weeks ago when we were down visiting Diana's wolves.

Edited to say a big THANK YOU from both of us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:27 am 

Speaking of the wolves. Is Loki doing any better or has he regressed more since we went to visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:56 am 

We have not been back since we saw you all down there. Diana had planned to go help her mom move last weekend and the weather was not moving weather and then she got sick and is finally on the mend. Course she's managed to transfer it to me, but I expect to have a light go of it as I was loading myself up on vitimans as soon as she came down with it. We hope to get back down next week after we deliver this order to the Museum in St. Ignase next week.

Brenda's hubbys sister has been working with them pretty heavy and she's done wonders with several. For some reason Loki seems to respond more to me right now than Diana. He's probably upset that she spends more time with the ones she bottle fed as pups. He was much better when you were there than he was the last time we had visited - could not get near the fense then without him baring his teeth at me then. As you saw yourself, a 240 lb. pissed off wolf is not something to mess with! That behavior is not normal for wolves as they tend to hide and stay away from people. I was really pleased he let me touch him that last time......Loki's always been my favorite, and I was the first one that was able to pet him a few days after he watched Diana's fiance get murdered. Maybe that has something to do with it, who knows. Just wish the weather was better so we could get down more often. We'll be swinging by real regular in the summer when we are on the PowWow trail. You'll have to come spend a day with us at a PowWow and check it out. We do a small one in Grand Haven the weekend after Memorial Day, and the following weekend, one in Grand Rapids......both pretty close to you and you're welcome to hang out at our booth when you get tired of looking around.

I'll let you know when we get down and perhaps you can come over to visit again. We both really enjoyed our visit with you four!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:05 pm 

this convo should be moved to the general talk area... thanks :wink: